Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Balance rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Shield Bash, LB, Booby Trap, Mez Shot, Root, Cripple, Snare...that's all in any basic ranger build (you can remove LB for some). That's 7 CCs. If you can't at least escape a ranger with 7 CC's then you need to go play a soldier or a shammy where you'll be the last person to be thought of.

I was in several minis on my ranger and only died to a sin twice in 5 games where every team I was against had multiple sins...and my ranger is pvp 3, so dying to sins on a ranger is far from a class or gear issue.
    Ranger could be such a benefit for each group. If only the majority of Rangers would use their CCs to support Team and FlagCarrier in particular, but most of them are just selfish K/D gimps who run away like chickens if they run out of CCs. Best example for this gameplay style is Memshur.
    Last edited by madcaddy85; 23rd July 2014 at 16:30.

Quote Originally Posted by madcaddy85 View Post
    Best example for this gameplay style is Memshur.
    Better using a trap to save my ass in a lost minigame, than hitting the leave button on 5% hp as you do, coward.
    "Vɪᴄᴛᴏʀʏ ɪs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʏ ɪᴛ's ᴘʀɪᴄᴇ." - Sᴜɴ Tᴢᴜ

Rᴀɴɢᴇʀ ʙʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜ: Mᴇᴍsʜᴜʀ ʜᴀs ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ 325 ᴅᴀʏs 14 ʜᴏᴜʀs 38 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs 30 sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅs.

Quote Originally Posted by Quistan View Post
    Better using a trap to save my ass in a lost minigame, than hitting the leave button on 5% hp as you do, coward.
    Y?
    This give the team a chance that a new player is able to join and the mini could change to a win. otherwise the lost mini is a lost mini.

But with a k/d whore in team that just use css 4 himslef is in 90% a lost mini.

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    The ss was to show how insane a sin like talir is using op skills from hide and run away.
    Talir is terrible. My dog could beat him blindfolded and asleep on my keyboard. You consider him op. That speaks volumes of your skill, or lack therefore, and shows the small knowledge of mechanics and simple gameplay of aoc you have.

Well you are stupid.

You get in threads like this and on testlive, call people names, use vague examples and claims, complain and show screenshots that clearly prove you have no idea what you are doing.

Pvp is not your thing. You have no credit. Please leave pvp to the pvpers, since you are not willing to learn or participate in a constructive way.

Good day.
    Last edited by Loaf-of-Evil; 24th July 2014 at 13:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Talir is terrible. My dog could beat him blindfolded and asleep on my keyboard. You consider him op. That speaks volumes of your skill, or lack therefore, and shows the small knowledge of mechanics and simple gameplay of aoc you have.

You get in threads like this and on testlive, call people names, use vague examples and claims, complain and show screenshots that clearly prove you have no idea what you are doing.

Pvp is not your thing. You have no credit. Please leave pvp to the pvpers, since you are not willing to learn or participate in a constructive way.

Good day.
    The only person I called a name was yourself as your such a drama queen

I didn't say talir was op I said players like him specing max dps and live in hide till an easy kill presents itself that is op and his k/d in minis supports that argument as I pointed out.

Yesterday me and delved did some testing with different builds and weapons (for me he had his steak knives out) and some of the numbers from both sides were quite frankly silly.

Some of this wouldn't be repeatable in a mini or world pvp due to cc's not always getting the trap buff when you want it. But as an example.

Ranger with fire stance trap buff liberation buff I did a dd and with the damage bleeds etc and rs I took just over 6k when the ticks stopped.

That is nuts dd and rs ticking for close to 500 per tick together needs adjusting badly in pvp.

Similarly he did a great and facestab which got me for 7k all in including 5k from the facestabs. That is insane for 2.86 seconds of dps.

Both ranger and sin need to have some pvp damage reduction or a complete overhaul making both sets of feat trees better lated outsourcing no one build is massively better both in dps and survivalability. There has to be a way to balance damage and survivalability in the feat trees make it so you have to trade one for the other not be able to get it all in one build. Or if you do its nit as good at either but is a more balanced build of dps and survivalability
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Similarly he did a great and facestab which got me for 7k all in including 5k from the facestabs. That is insane for 2.86 seconds of dps.
    thing is, sin needs to get up close to do that dmg. on any class i play since i stopped playing my sin, sin has been the easiest class to kill.

from my point of view talir isnt a very successful sin since he doesnt get that much of a win ratio, my sin has a tt of 2.5:1, cap flag of 2:1 and sag of 2:1. never leaving any minis (other than refusing to play with hackers) on the thousands of minis played

The only person I called a name was yourself
    Below is a response you made to someone besides me, in this same thread:

Well you are stupid.
    Contradicting yourself in the first sentence of a post makes anything else you say invalid.

Please stop. Giggity?

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    thing is, sin needs to get up close to do that dmg. on any class i play since i stopped playing my sin, sin has been the easiest class to kill.

from my point of view talir isnt a very successful sin since he doesnt get that much of a win ratio, my sin has a tt of 2.5:1, cap flag of 2:1 and sag of 2:1. never leaving any minis (other than refusing to play with hackers) on the thousands of minis played
    He still didnt get it out much of an advantage 35m of range is. and i guess he never will. he will never understand, why sin needs to do more damage then a ranged class which also has more cc and better armor.

LEt him call ppl stupid, ppl will know who is stupid here. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    He still didnt get it out much of an advantage 35m of range is. and i guess he never will. he will never understand, why sin needs to do more damage then a ranged class which also has more cc and better armor.

LEt him call ppl stupid, ppl will know who is stupid here. ^^
    The fact every melee class has charge plus some have insane run speed they can close 35 meters very quickly.

And as usual my comment is taken out of context post the whole comment loaf-of-the-dance.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

You are arguing with Zatochi. I am not surprised

There is still a valid point about using traps for retreat. Still most melees (especially soldiers) have good cc resistances and anti ccs (especially in pvp). But that is l2p and tactic...knowing when to run, when to charge, when to use anti cc...when to seem to abandon hunting and when to apply ccs yourself.

It is very doable in 1 vs 1 ... complications come when ranger has support, but that is valid for all classes.

Why is no one talking about rangers fighting melees and how they catch them running now? Breakung LoS is usually quite easy when running away in most maps and the standard ranger slow cc is ridicolous...while target is gone when you buff it with white hits. Stagger does work ...sometimes... but thanks Murphy only on yourselves when other rangers do it...not when you hunt and want to finish off others.

With current game and engine, i agree with barbaric and zatochi though, when it comes to range and hitting...ranger is a way more latency friendly class than assasin nowadays.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th July 2014 at 15:32.