Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Balance rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Pff, show some more farmed sags. So you SS a bad sag where a pvp 8 guard goes 0-20, there are countless sags that ToS, Ranger, Demo, Necro, HoX, Sin, and even Barbs and Conqs get top kills.

In a balanced sag, where teams are equal, that would not be the outcome, and of course ANY ranged class has an advantage in maps like BR and Sag because those maps favor those classes.

You can't argue the issues I brought up with ranger, none of them have anything to do with dps other than rending strikes being too powerful, the rest are class mechanics that do not work correctly and never will because rangers were designed to do actual combos, not be a caster.
    The more u haterz complain about rangers..the more we will complain about ur op classes which is Demo,Sin and Dts..Simple as that..!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Actually the overhaul was asked for because most players couldn't do anything playing rangers. You could count on 1 hand before 2.0 how many rangers were actually good and could be a threat, the rest just were terrible. Most rangers were just lowbie ganking toons because salvo and heartbreaker were great for ganking at low levels.

It wasn't until 1.9, where these ridiculous ranger changes hit TL, and then you had two even more ridiculous ranger advocates who were streaming misinformation saying the revamp was fine, when in fact 80% of the feed back provided by the normal TL community was against the changes and provided feedback and stats in great detail about why exhausting traps, pen shot, advantages, ect..were all over the top.

But they pushed it through anyways despite the TL communities efforts to tell them it was stupid. At that time they were pushing all kinds of trash through, because they were targeting a different customer base than what they had before, and we all know the outcome since then. Had you been there for the revamp, no one would argue that rangers are still stupid to this day.

I remember those two idiot advocates even insisted that rangers should have NO LOS Check, and for over a year rangers could shoot through walls. So no, I don't take any stock in Bylnds opinions because he sounds exactly like those two advocates who did everything they could to destroy this class...on one hand he wants to revert it to pre 2.0 but then defends everything that makes the class ridiculous after the revamp...the guy is all over the place and talking about every class but his own.

You never saw the arguments me and killaghost had with the advocates who I'll agree where terrible. The revamp wasn't asked for in eu and wasn't needed all that was needed was for the bow to be made a bit more worth while specing into as it was bad dps in pvp and pve compared to Xbow. That was the only issue we had but they went and ruined the class for both pve and pvp with the revamp and I like many others rerolled and have played my guard and pom instead occasionally dusting it off to see if it could give me any of the fun of the old days but alas it wasn't and so when I left the game it was because they had ruined the class I loved. Now I'm back on f2p after transfering to fury and I pvp it to try and get some fun from the class but I'm still horrified at the state of the class.

I want the class changed for the old one but not nerfed to oblivion like you seem to call for on your op sin. If you played anything but a sin as your main I'd be inclined to not laugh at you but as you play sin the most easymode class with op dps and crazy survivability you have no grounds to moan about the ranger.

Tts has been changed and that doesn't bother me cause it was stupid anyway. But you want to nerf the dps of a below average dps class just so there are fewer rangers in minis which makes your life as a sin much easier. That's all this ranger hate is about its not about balance it's about making your life as a sin easier so cry all you want if the devs are stupid enough to listen to you then fine you will go cry abortive next class that gives you trouble and then the next till there is nothing but sins playing cause everyone will reroll to the op sin cause there is nothing else that they can play to be competitive. So cry all you want it's the likes of you that will ruin what's left of this game in pvp and that will effect the pve and so you will doom the game.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

You people really believe the game will be balanced if Ranger is nerfed to the ground?

You guys are asking for "skilled" abilities, but all classes throughout the past 3-5 years has gotten cheese and easy mode. You'd have to change everything back to the way it was at 1.4 to even remotely have some "skilled" abilities back.

You can't just remove one class's cheese ability while keeping others. It just wont workout. Are rangers currently OP? Sure definitely, are nearly all other classes also op and cheese? Yes

Every class in game is cheesy as can be right now. Ranger just appears to be the top of the cheese because well lets face it, it is a ranged class. All ranged classes have advantage over melee no matter what game. There is no true balance in a mmo where there are melee class vs ranged classes, its impossible.

Again, most of you complaining about rangers will complain about other classes too once ranger is nerfed I guarantee you. You will also still complain about ranger even after nerf because a good player will still dominate on that class.
    You people are just like the "flagbots" that avoid pvp from pvp level 1-7 and believes that he can dominate pvp after he hits pvp 7 with all gear even though he ignored pvp for so long. It is not going to happen. If you are having problems with rangers on your current class, you need to get better, improve "grind" gear that is how this game works now, if you have equal or better gear, then go l2p. Ranger might be OP but there isn't a class that can't kill a ranger during group pvp. If you are talking about duels, we'll duels are the most pointless thing in this game at the current stage.

So by all means, continue your crying, it won't fix anything. Funcom knows that in order to keep some of its last customers, they need cheese class like ranger/sin/tanks etc
    if they somehow make the classes require skill as it did before the revamps, guarantee you these players will leave, from a business stand, its not the best decision, and its too late.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Why do rangers need a nerf? I hear it, but I don't see it.
    Well if you dont wanna see anything, you won't see anything. Simple as that.

Ranger is op because he has to many advantages on his side. highest range ingame, no second LoS (meaning best out of both worlds Melee/Caster), too many instant abilities for damage AND CC resulting in to much damage being able to mold together in a singel hit, beside barb fastest class ingame (yeah, the speedbuff isn't that high, but it is in fact the only permanent speedbuff ingame) combined with CC that can be used while moving resulting in best class for kiting beside demo, damage can be applied to easy and unbuffed combos do to much damage (or is there any other information i am missing that 99% of ranger dont buff their combos and still get lots of kills? making the "combo" system at least questionable to be existent for rangers.).

in other words rangers opness comes from to many advantages which can be gained way to easy both for skillpoints and skill needed ingame. the class dont have any real disadvantage on its side. the advantages on its own arent that big either, but to many of them can be combined and work better together then for most other classes. For example: permanent Speedbuff + CC being usable while running + energy renewing advantage. no other class can catch up if a ranger doesnt want it. Other example: Knockback (cc and quite high damage for its own) + Advanatge for damage (shattering or Fire Attack) + damage over time + damage buff for following attacks = CC with really high amount of burst damage, damage over time effect and even a damage buff with just one hit only. and then ranger are arguing about sins one shooting classes? at least sins do need more then one hit for it and their cc ends with generating damage. the damage over all done isnt quite different for both classes...
    Last edited by Zatochi; 21st July 2014 at 20:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post

Ranger is op because he has to many advantages on his side. highest range ingame, no second LoS (meaning best out of both worlds Melee/Caster), too many instant abilities for damage AND CC resulting it to much Damage being molded together in a singel hit, beside barb fastest class ingame (yeah, the speedbuff isn't that high, but it is in fact the only permanent speedbuff ingame) combined with CC that can be used while moving resulting in best class for kiting beside demo, damage can be applied to easy and unbuffed combos do to much damage (or is there any other information i am missing that 99% of ranger dont buff their combos and still get lots of kills).

in other words rangers opness comes from to many advantages which can be gained way to easy both for skillpoints and skill need ingame. the class dont have any real disadvantage on its side. the advantages on its own arent that big either, but to many of them can be combined and work better together then for most other classes.
    Sins 45% speed buff(every 1.50 minute),Highest burst damage in game from all classes-combos,(bomb starts from 3500 and goes up to 6000 and more damage),90% magical immunity(every 1.50 minute-dull pain)

All kinds of ccs knockback,fear,stun , plus aoe ccs if feated end of tree, aoe fear,aoe stun etc..Plus avatar of death,plus lotus overdose,plus if u feat gen tree,u get all the anti-ccs that u need ..(break fear,knockback resistance,brake stun,anti root etc)
    So in other words..ridiculous op class...Plus u kill all clothies with 2 combos,light armour and mediums with 3 combos,and of course u need more to kill tanks..Meybe 4 combos or something..So still talking about ranger op?And sin is sooo hard to play..I would say sins and Dts are the "friendly nabs" classes as we speak..
    Last edited by ieronymous; 21st July 2014 at 20:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post

Ranger is op because he has to many advantages on his side. highest range ingame, no second LoS (meaning best out of both worlds Melee/Caster), too many instant abilities for damage AND CC resulting in to much damage being able to mold together in a singel hit, beside barb fastest class ingame (yeah, the speedbuff isn't that high, but it is in fact the only permanent speedbuff ingame) combined with CC that can be used while moving resulting in best class for kiting beside demo, damage can be applied to easy and unbuffed combos do to much damage (or is there any other information i am missing that 99% of ranger dont buff their combos and still get lots of kills? making the "combo" system at least questionable to be existent for rangers.).

in other words rangers opness comes from to many advantages which can be gained way to easy both for skillpoints and skill needed ingame. the class dont have any real disadvantage on its side. the advantages on its own arent that big either, but to many of them can be combined and work better together then for most other classes. For example: permanent Speedbuff + CC being usable while running + energy renewing advantage. no other class can catch up if a ranger doesnt want it. Other example: Knockback (cc and quite high damage for its own) + Advanatge for damage (shattering or Fire Attack) + damage over time + damage buff for following attacks = CC with really high amount of burst damage, damage over time effect and even a damage buff with just one hit only. and then ranger are arguing about sins one shooting classes? at least sins do need more then one hit for it and their cc ends with generating damage. the damage over all done isnt quite different for both classes...
    Wow you don't know the class at all. What instant damage spells/casts/combos/abilities does the ranger have other then tts?????

And how can a ranger mould their 10 long animations to do 3 combos in one?? Seriously you talk such rubbish. And if your adamant prove it and I'll prove it's not possible without hacks and so if someone is hacking it doesn't matter what class they are playing.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    The more u haterz complain about rangers..the more we will complain about ur op classes which is Demo,Sin and Dts..Simple as that..!!!
    why not speak about guardian? 30-0 per mini
    expect i get 40-0 in js without going to res.. real skill class, only thing u need is stances, and CW oh wow two sho any cloth

or conq? heavy armor assasin rofl or wow paladin (thank god retribution got nerf, it was so silly)

Edit by Anzu: That's not a way to talk to people.
    Last edited by Anzu; 21st July 2014 at 22:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiuu View Post
    You people really believe the game will be balanced if Ranger is nerfed to the ground?

You guys are asking for "skilled" abilities, but all classes throughout the past 3-5 years has gotten cheese and easy mode. You'd have to change everything back to the way it was at 1.4 to even remotely have some "skilled" abilities back.

You can't just remove one class's cheese ability while keeping others. It just wont workout. Are rangers currently OP? Sure definitely, are nearly all other classes also op and cheese? Yes

Every class in game is cheesy as can be right now. Ranger just appears to be the top of the cheese because well lets face it, it is a ranged class. All ranged classes have advantage over melee no matter what game. There is no true balance in a mmo where there are melee class vs ranged classes, its impossible.

Again, most of you complaining about rangers will complain about other classes too once ranger is nerfed I guarantee you. You will also still complain about ranger even after nerf because a good player will still dominate on that class.
    You people are just like the "flagbots" that avoid pvp from pvp level 1-7 and believes that he can dominate pvp after he hits pvp 7 with all gear even though he ignored pvp for so long. It is not going to happen. If you are having problems with rangers on your current class, you need to get better, improve "grind" gear that is how this game works now, if you have equal or better gear, then go l2p. Ranger might be OP but there isn't a class that can't kill a ranger during group pvp. If you are talking about duels, we'll duels are the most pointless thing in this game at the current stage.

So by all means, continue your crying, it won't fix anything. Funcom knows that in order to keep some of its last customers, they need cheese class like ranger/sin/tanks etc
    if they somehow make the classes require skill as it did before the revamps, guarantee you these players will leave, from a business stand, its not the best decision, and its too late.
    if sin would have only dww, with combo cancel, medium armor, aoe traps around him, and that dww has 2 sec cd and it do 4-10k dmg every time use it

then it would be on par with ranger, oh and it should have 20 meter range

because atm, ranger is fastest class, aoe cc's on ground, can drain most of classes empty Mana/stamina in matter of secends
    medium armor
    both advantages melee/caster psyhical dmg from range without los check.

not to mention requires no effort to play

and its so retarded class that actually even noob ranger can make u quit game

let me log ranger, i will come white sands vs u, and i promise you are gonna delete aoc because its so retarded + the pug minis

Quote Originally Posted by razorkid10 View Post
    if sin would have only dww, with combo cancel, medium armor, aoe traps around him, and that dww has 2 sec cd and it do 4-10k dmg every time use it

then it would be on par with ranger, oh and it should have 20 meter range

because atm, ranger is fastest class, aoe cc's on ground, can drain most of classes empty Mana/stamina in matter of secends
    medium armor
    both advantages melee/caster psyhical dmg from range without los check.

not to mention requires no effort to play

and its so retarded class that actually even noob ranger can make u quit game

let me log ranger, i will come white sands vs u, and i promise you are gonna delete aoc because its so retarded + the pug minis
    I play nearly every class in this game, sin by far is the fastest dps class. My ranger is op but its not as fluid and smooth as my assassin. I can move from target to target on my sin.

You logging on ranger wont make me quit game, you aren't anyone special. The only ranger i'd hate is me on my ranger that is it. Rest rangers are all garbage. Sure they get the occasional crit and insane dmg but i'd destroy them on my sin or any other class.

Again nerf any class all funcom wants, good player will remain at the top.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast