Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Balance rangers.

Since rangers are unlike melee classes, they can only fire a projectile every 2-3 sec. That's why they have the most burst AND lowest dps.

However, if you take an equal geared sin or barb, then calculate thier dps out on a 3 seconds delay, you have pretty much already gotten halfway with the class. The other half being combos ofcourse!

Not only will pve rangers gain from this, with more stable and reasonable dps, but also in pvp, because damage doesnt comes from 1 attack, but several with more balanced damage. Oh, and please give us back salvo! Pew pew pew!
    Boyscout bearshaman

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    If you nerf raogues, you will need to increase their survivability. Of course rangers is a little different and should be dropped to cloth armor, I mean robin hood wore cloth. And less HP. But the sin would need an increase in survivability. They die fast.
    Actually sins got better ratio on almost every mini I played recently, Blood Ravine included. They got both more kills and less deaths.
    They don't even die that much if they escape soon enough with speed. Rangers can't. That thing about armor makes me laugh everytime, it gives them nothing.
    They don't have armor from strengh like shaman, and the health regen of barbs.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

...but they evade more attacks than those other classes and are sitting in the back with all the CCs you could possibly dream of.
    But it's true, their armour isn't that good, it's about the same as barb and far from BS.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Rangers arent fast? Oo they have the highest permanent sprintspeed ingame. Only barbs, sins and guards can be temporareld faster.

Why do ranger tend to neglect their advantages in every discussion?

Well no guards can't ever be faster, they get +5% speed at the most with 10 vengeance stacks. Still easy to catch rangers with polearm range though.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Have you done running tests? With different gear, different builds? With and without AA?

It is easy to say it is "the class", while in reality it might be something completely different just happening to this class.

Yeah really need testing it when the feat clearly say +x% running speed....

And dont counter it with "it must be feated. yeah of course! But it is easily reachable and other classes need to feat most of the stuff too which is discussed here. For example speed buff for barb/sin.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 25th July 2014 at 14:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Actually sins got better ratio on almost every mini I played recently, Blood Ravine included. They got both more kills and less deaths.
    They don't even die that much if they escape soon enough with speed. Rangers can't. That thing about armor makes me laugh everytime, it gives them nothing.
    They don't have armor from strengh like shaman, and the health regen of barbs.
    well one reason is that there is no good rangers playing anymore

and then there is sins like, Delred,surgery,slith,Hyen,Kratesis,Zyphyrr

u really compare these active sins with current rangers?

these are all veteran pros who will kill anyone with any class they play

Quote Originally Posted by razorkid10 View Post
    u really compare these active sins with current rangers?
    Yes I do. Just saying that those good sins can burst people bad, and class have to tools to escape if things don't turn well anyway. Most of the time it works. Even better without TTS now.

@Kalston : Bloody vengeance too op. Charge, BV. Change are quite high you stagger. Manage to get few kills on ranger (well not imba one for sure) with my pvp3 gard.

well one reason is that there is no good rangers playing anymore
    What's you mean by good ? Effective ? Well to be effective it require you to play with feat and playstyle that is way too boring, and don't give you the feedback like you're achieving something. That's my point of view.
    Last edited by Religolibri; 25th July 2014 at 21:04.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Yes I do. Just saying that those good sins can burst people bad, and class have to tools to escape if things don't turn well anyway. Most of the time it works. Even better without TTS now.

@Kalston : Bloody vengeance too op. Charge, BV. Change are quite high you stagger. Manage to get few kills on ranger (well not imba one for sure) with my pvp3 gard.

What's you mean by good ? Effective ? Well to be effective it require you to play with feat and playstyle that is way too boring, and don't give you the feedback like you're achieving something. That's my point of view.
    let me put it this way,

bad sin 0 kills lot of deaths, usless to team.
    bad ranger many kills, some deaths, not that usless since bad ranger is able to drop clothies

and u really compare those veterans like delred or surgery on patry or piokup? u are not even serious ..