Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reason for Veterans to Kill WB?

Default Reason for Veterans to Kill WB?

Devs, could you add some guaranteed Mastery points or trophies to these WBs?

After you get T2, there's little incentive to kill the WB. I've killed 50+ WBs and never gotten a relic, trophy or T3 drop... so I know that these "rare" drops are ridiculously rare. And I might have gotten a Mastery urn like once. Not enough incentive for me to keep going.

As for the legendary cloak - it's good but not great. Sure I'll kill one WB a month. But that's about it.

What would keep me killing the WB continuously (and this is good for everyone because then I'm going to be helping other lower-geared toons out) would be some Mastery points to help with AAs. At least 250k. And some trophies. Or better chance to get a T3+ drop.

As it stands, I can get 250k Mastery and 8 rares from solo unchained in less than 30 minutes.

WB takes at least that long to kill, and usually longer. Then you have to wait around for 30 minutes for a respawn. So figure at least 1 hour and maybe 2 per boss kill (took 2 hours last night - couldn't fill the raid). Let's see ... spend 1-2 hours and get (probably) nothing, or go do a dungeon raid and get tons of mastery and relics, guaranteed. Hmm. Tough choice.

Devs, please tweak boss rewards.
    Last edited by savoysavvy; 7th May 2014 at 22:41.
    Foode 80 PoM

Just kill the world boss for your monthly update and do other stuff.

Nothing is forcing you to farm the damn things except yourself.

Are you on fury? I was in crom last night killing the thing til about midnight PST and we never had numbers too low to kill it in a reasonable time.

Right now I'm flagging 18 characters. After that, I'll pick out one class to go after the rare pet, probably the DT so I can get t3 relics for gear. Last time on wb I got three urns of t3 relics and I have gotten a rare or two in the past.

If you enjoy farming it, then farm it. If you don't, then there are still advertised sixies and I saw raids this morning looking for people. I got three WBs killed during an hour for lunch today and that included sitting around waiting for spawns when the instances were filling up stat. Last night I got 12 kills in three hours.

For veterans, there are social pets, chance of 3.5-like gear, t3 relics and rares, urns of exp points. Rare miniboss pet. Social vanity gear (if you like that sort of thing), half of which are decent priced to sell to merchant. You will get fairly useless drops like void essences and such also.

Oh, and I killed about 200 bosses before I got the basilisk pet or the dragonspine pet (maybe 150 for that one). I never did get a dragon or yeti pet.

Think I had maybe five purple boxes for 150/200 kills too.

On fury, you can pvp. With the open world bounty quests, it will be the perfect time to get your pvp rewards.

I got also about 200 kills during WB but no even single boss tho
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Just kill the world boss for your monthly update and do other stuff.

Nothing is forcing you to farm the damn things except yourself.
    Thats it. What the intention behind your question seems to be to me is
    "I need an easy way to fill my AA tree because I dont really see the worth in the rest of the game."

Sorry sir but thats not it!

Yes, I'm on Fury. Tonight it took 3.5 hours to kill the WB due to incomplete raid and gankers. Trash reward, of course. Fun times.
    Foode 80 PoM

Quote Originally Posted by savoysavvy View Post
    Yes, I'm on Fury. Tonight it took 3.5 hours to kill the WB due to incomplete raid and gankers. Trash reward, of course. Fun times.
    3.5 hours? Do you enjoy that?

If you are pvping those 3.5 hours can be enjoyable.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast