Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tos Population

I assume the reasons why people don't play ToS as much as they used are:

1) melee is generally favoured these days, mostly due to PvP changes
    2) ToS have aggro issues in PvE when outputting sufficiently high DPS due to the AoE nature of the class
    3) 2 is largely a learn to play issue, but many people cannot be bothered I guess
    4) BS and PoM favoured in PvP, and this trickles into the PvE side (why play 2 classes when you can get away with 1)

I love my ToS though. It's still my favourite class.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    I really can't take you too seriously either as it was a simple question as to why people are not playing TOS as main toon, and yes I know how and when to use bubbles, and its NOT ABOUT ME...I PLAY THE TOS, obviously you have tons of folks playing a main TOS in your guild. I WAS ASKING IF IT WAS A PROBLEM ISOLATED TO MY GUILD OR A CLASS PROBLEM! I was not asking how to PLAY IT, whos better at it OR ANYTHING ELSE. I am sure you are the best tos ever and don't even use your spark because your so good, but that still doesn't answer my question.
    at first, you're not the centre of the universe initially i replied to the (wrong or misdirecting) claims others made in this thread -> this discussion evolved, simple as that. though i'm not considering myself best at anything -i'm for sure not the best 'rota'-driver on the planet cause thats just too dull for me- i gathered alot of experience on any role, in any function in multiple raids and thusly can judge claims that people do. i also know which kind of person make what kind of claim and even though i like to avoid that term -> aggro issues with tos are either a 'l2p'-issue or derive from a big cleave between toses setup and the tank's

Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    though i'm not considering myself best at anything -i'm for sure not the best 'rota'-driver on the planet cause thats just too dull for me- i gathered alot of experience on any role, in any function in multiple raids and thusly can judge claims that people do. i also know which kind of person make what kind of claim and even though i like to avoid that term -> aggro issues with tos are either a 'l2p'-issue or derive from a big cleave between toses setup and the tank's
    Agree with you on this, Potlatch. I recognize myself in what you say, and I think you are similar to me and have played since 2008-2009.

About the ToS population, classes vary in popularity. Once the PoM gets a nerf or rebalance, people will start playing ToS again. And realize that Fangs of Set and the Idol buffs actually kick ass. At one world boss, a DT solotanked the boss, with 4k+ dps, and 18% of his total damage was from Resonance...

Just now, PoM has easier gameplay, better synergies, and much less buttons to hit to achieve the same dps. And PoM has Divine Halo that helps immensly on healing compared to the "nothing" in that area from ToS. If they half the procs on Holy Storm and doubles cooldown of Repulse when used in synergy with Light the Path, and a few other tweaks, the classes would be more equal. For ToS the Spark Storm should be looked at to make the class better on ranged nuking. More procs per minute or different mechanic to make it proc.

Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    at first, you're not the centre of the universe initially i replied to the (wrong or misdirecting) claims others made in this thread -> this discussion evolved, simple as that. though i'm not considering myself best at anything -i'm for sure not the best 'rota'-driver on the planet cause thats just too dull for me- i gathered alot of experience on any role, in any function in multiple raids and thusly can judge claims that people do. i also know which kind of person make what kind of claim and even though i like to avoid that term -> aggro issues with tos are either a 'l2p'-issue or derive from a big cleave between toses setup and the tank's
    I really have no idea why you continue to attack me and throw cheap shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    I assume the reasons why people don't play ToS as much as they used are:

1) melee is generally favoured these days, mostly due to PvP changes
    2) ToS have aggro issues in PvE when outputting sufficiently high DPS due to the AoE nature of the class
    3) 2 is largely a learn to play issue, but many people cannot be bothered I guess
    4) BS and PoM favoured in PvP, and this trickles into the PvE side (why play 2 classes when you can get away with 1)

I love my ToS though. It's still my favourite class.
    1)I don't think its melee that are generally favored, its the ease of playing the class. Tos only has one real bubble and it needs to be feated with a 5 min cd. Where Pom/Conq have multiple bubbles that have significantly lower cs's with many more ccs, so these classes are favored not just in PvP but PvE aswell.
    2)Completely agree.
    3)Many people love playing the ToS, they just don't enjoy off-tanking.
    4)When you have better options as to cc's and survivability in PvP ToS just doesn't seem as friendly as PoM or Conq.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    1)I don't think its melee that are generally favored, its the ease of playing the class. Tos only has one real bubble and it needs to be feated with a 5 min cd. Where Pom/Conq have multiple bubbles that have significantly lower cs's with many more ccs, so these classes are favored not just in PvP but PvE aswell.
    2)Completely agree.
    3)Many people love playing the ToS, they just don't enjoy off-tanking.
    4)When you have better options as to cc's and survivability in PvP ToS just doesn't seem as friendly as PoM or Conq.
    I play tos as main, lirial plays tos as main, etc. just not a real popular class after it was nerfed and revamped as it takes an understanding most won't get. Best class in game because it does a little of everything... Tanks (talking Argo) like a guard, heals like a Pom, aoes like a demo, etc. it just not a master of anything, but can do anything. Most people cant handle multiple thoughts in pvp, like a carnage sin I know. Just keyboard mash and get kills, without thought. Can't do that on a tos.
    Last edited by mrcorp; 4th July 2014 at 23:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Tos still my main and still fav class. I am the only true main Tos in my guild which is sad.
    Hey tos is my main. I just never get to play it.

And its not so much a problem with tos;s needing a bubble... ive never had 1. And its not so much a problem with our agro.

The problem is tanks have tunnel vision and are TOTALLY TOTALLY incappable of tanking more than 1 mob at a time. The practie of tank swapping targets during a fight to keep mobs from agroing other classes is just a lost art.

As a result i seldom go all out anymore. Im not even sure i remember how.
    Last edited by Aylis; 4th July 2014 at 23:41.

I think ToS is not played that often, because playing ToS in pvp is not easy. The most thing of a ToS is management. So many spells to manage their cooldowns while aoe is running. Its no relaxed playing in pvp, I prefer PoM, thats very relaxed playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    Hey tos is my main. I just never get to play it.

And its not so much a problem with tos;s needing a bubble... ive never had 1. And its not so much a problem with our agro.

The problem is tanks have tunnel vision and are TOTALLY TOTALLY incappable of tanking more than 1 mob at a time. The practie of tank swapping targets during a fight to keep mobs from agroing other classes is just a lost art.

As a result i seldom go all out anymore. Im not even sure i remember how.
    Got to love when there is 7 tanks and all of them are tanking the same 1 mob out of 10 ROFL

I main a tos also.and yea its not the strongest class but with a good team like many others have allready said it is rly strong when protected.
    Rage:GanksKahn pvp 8 Tos:fails at healing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast