Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Mytical DT

Default Looking for the Mytical DT

I'm tired of reading about the 2k dps tanking DT. The Only time I remember doing this it was on Athyr bass with T4 gear a joke fight.
    I've never seen a DT doing 2k dps on a single endgame boss while he is able to tank it alone. You keep repeating this and talk about an exception as if it was the norm.
    IF there is a DT who claims he can do it. I want to see a video and a selective parse of the fight of 2 different t4 bosses (4 zodiac bosses counts like one). And all of this should be done with an average raid. A raid with 24 players with the best possible gear you can get is not average.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    I'm tired of reading about the 2k dps tanking DT. The Only time I remember doing this it was on Athyr bass with T4 gear a joke fight.
    I've never seen a DT doing 2k dps on a single endgame boss while he is able to tank it alone. You keep repeating this and talk about an exception as if it was the norm.
    IF there is a DT who claims he can do it. I want to see a video and a selective parse of the fight of 2 different t4 bosses (4 zodiac bosses counts like one). And all of this should be done with an average raid. A raid with 24 players with the best possible gear you can get is not average.
    Its possible but for how long can that supposed dt handle to MT boss alone? xP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Its possible but for how long can that supposed dt handle to MT boss alone? xP
    Until the boss is dead. That is what people keep sayingto ask for DT nerf
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Until the boss is dead. That is what people keep sayingto ask for DT nerf
    mm i think is more pvp QQs that push nerf forward than anything else,cause necros should be the ones doing more dps at least in raids...sure i saw dts top parsing,but that was because the full t4 necros for some reason didn't knew their class rofl.

I tried it, and it will work based on following requisites.

The Symbol must be attackable for the DT so that he can feed life from the massive magic damage hits. There is no way there will be enough dps / taps from hitting the Animals only.

The group must be set up with all possible buffs for DT to maximise weapon damage. Cacodemon, Flanking, and all other group wide damage buffs.

Also, there must rather not be a dot on the golden constellation so the DT starts tanking with 50% health, and placing the boss should be done by some other tank.

And healers better be reincarnations of Jesus Christ himself. Or Castiel from Supernatural will also do.

However, it is much, much better and less risk in my personal opinion to have two Conquerors tank the Animals, or one Conqueror and a Dread Shadow DT.

Tali dt's in full t4 who's really pushing it might reach 2k for a little while. This 2k myth was a joke from start, probably made up from a caster not kiting full stacked VoM.

2k+ single target is very possible. I've seen it several times. Witchaven got up to 23xx once I think. Always top heals by a large margin too.

These were single target parses on one boss at a time in Zodiac. The symbol only helps for tapping and building vom stacks, as well as some aoe procs off of it hitting the boss. But the DPS is only what the boss takes.

Witchaven's single target DPS per boss would vary between 1800-2200.

I know both genius and I have both gone over 2400 on zodiac. It does require a good group setup but otherwise isn't anything special. I know that genius would do it with all combat rating/strength while I mixed in wisdom accessories.

Just go tali spec, aim for 53% or more mitigation and off you go

You can get near 2k while tanking with just blackdragon/tigers stuff.

Don't even need t4 gear for that.

Experiment.

Thats how the other dt's figured out how to hit those types of numbers.

Oft times raid leaders in lesser raids bugger up group makeups and that hurts a bit as well.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast