Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Mytical DT

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    I'm tired of reading about the 2k dps tanking DT. The Only time I remember doing this it was on Athyr bass with T4 gear a joke fight.
    I've never seen a DT doing 2k dps on a single endgame boss while he is able to tank it alone. You keep repeating this and talk about an exception as if it was the norm.
    IF there is a DT who claims he can do it. I want to see a video and a selective parse of the fight of 2 different t4 bosses (4 zodiac bosses counts like one). And all of this should be done with an average raid. A raid with 24 players with the best possible gear you can get is not average.
    I've done 2k+ dps solo tanking zodiac many times, and there are plenty better tanks than me. I've seen numerous tanks do better or at least approach 2k.

I've also seen it done on Strom, if you count him as a boss. DTs have done 3k damage solo tanking Arbanus. DTs often top the parse on fights like the Imp, zodiac, and the Bat, if they aren't tanking, and sometimes even if they are. Before they fixed the bug in basilisk, I could easily solo tank him doing way over 2k dps, hitting long stretches over 4K, and finish the encounter with most dps, dmg taken, and healing. Someone once posted a basilisk parse in here where they were hitting 5k solo tanking him with a DT. 3 tali spec'd DTs can melt the general with no hope of mages pulling agro except another DT.

If you don't see these sorts of things in your raids then it's because your DTs aren't spec'd to do it, don't know how, or are told not to. IMO, it's silly not to have your DTs run that way on certain encounters. Once a DT gets rolling with the right spec, the Zodiac won't kill them unless the puzzle gets botched or the boss gets enraged.

DT is one of my main toons, but I won't and no one can make the argument they aren't ridiculously OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Blood Pact? Yeah great IF the combo crits. If not, gratz you healed 900hp.
    Or you heal 4k when you hit for 2k and vom proc crit 2k. Then you realise that was just a whitehit o.o

900hp bloodpact you're doing something wrong, crits or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Or you heal 4k when you hit for 2k and vom proc crit 2k. Then you realise that was just a whitehit o.o

900hp bloodpact you're doing something wrong, crits or not.
    It is luck based (read: crits) and it only affects physical damage. If Dooming Presence is on cooldown, and you got shields not in favour you will most certainly not heal 4k.
    Last edited by Shax84; 8th July 2014 at 16:14.

wasn't it just year ago when everyone on crom was saying tali tanking is impossible? wind is blowing from another direction and new pro dt's are born (reborn?) :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    wasn't it just year ago when everyone on crom was saying tali tanking is impossible? wind is blowing from another direction and new pro dt's are born (reborn?) :P
    It's certainly possible and very fun, though it sucks for bosses with damage shields. Less health tap in those cases, plus your reduced damage makes it harder to generate hate against other tanking classes.

damage shields eh?? there's no other toon that can control dmg shields the way dt can. Also, procs don't give a **** about shields.

Procs are unholy damage FYI. You still get taps from Sadism stacks on the magic tap but Blood Pact is only taps from Physical damage.
    Last edited by Shax84; 8th July 2014 at 17:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    3 tali spec'd DTs can melt the general with no hope of mages pulling agro except another DT.
    Ok, sorry for starting the threat now I see I play in a different league(or a different game). I'll never be able to change the agro fast enough with 2 other tali DTs during trallings. See you around.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Dps don't need to hold back at all, so you can kill boss incredibly fast. Not selfish, just high-risk, high-reward tactic.
    I remember a really cocky DT that wanted to solo-tank Arbanus (organized T3 pug with skilled players two years or so ago) and he said go all out. I couldn't let that opportunity slip by where I can do DPS without tanks or rl qq about aggro if doing too much and the chance to mock the tank if failing. DT solo-tanked while doing 3000 DPS which was about the same as my Brittle Blade geared sin (didn't get aggro but still used CoD just to be safe), not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Procs are unholy damage FYI
    Most frequent vomproc is crushing...
    Like I said, proc can crit around 2k, as can whitehits too.

You need to add more combos to hotbar and manipulate shields better if you keep getting 900hp bloodpacts, as Maly is onto.

I mean. Why would you ever imply bloodpact is weak? o.o

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast