Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss! Game Director Letter - June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nexothep View Post
    You speak from my heart!

What does that text from the letter mean:
    Currently we’re adding all of the feedback in the system – error messages for when you craft wrong items etc.

Where do you get this feedback from? I have nothing found on Testlive? I would spend hours (even days) by helping finding bugs to get this system proper functioning.
    same here. if they only would realese it to testlive i would spend all my time there helping out with testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    same here. if they only would realese it to testlive i would spend all my time there helping out with testing.
    Imo he speak about system feedback, not player ones

Where do you get this feedback from? I have nothing found on Testlive? I would spend hours (even days) by helping finding bugs to get this system proper functioning.
    He's saying they are working on putting in all the code that provides feedback (on screen messages) to the players when performing crafting. Not feedback from players on what they think of the system.

You speak from my heart!

What does that text from the letter mean:
    Currently we’re adding all of the feedback in the system – error messages for when you craft wrong items etc.

This is what he means. It's in what you highlight.

error messages for when you craft wrong items etc.

System messages. That you successfully deconstructed this and got that etc. Not actual player feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    What something else? there is nothing else than better gear in an MMO. People grind and kill only hoping their character will become more powerful. A dungeon can be as fun and pretty as you want if it doesn't provide the feeling of improving and accomplishment people only will go there one or two times(T3.5 back my words). And the big problem in AoC, like Naerri said, is that when you have the gear there is nowhere you can use it because this game can afford new playfields .

I hope that palace of Cetriss gear will be a lot more powerful than T4 and the only way to kill its bosses will be getting the getting the T1 unchained gear first. And with T5 gear T4 will be easy PUGable (like actual T2) and people who can't/don't want to join to a guild that can clean T4 properly will be able to advance.
    T4 easily puggable? It doesn't take great gear to do it now. A raid could easily do T4 in K6/T3 gear now. The problem is getting 24 people who can pay attention and do their job rather than gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Good news.

Although i hope T5 gear is not yet another straight power escalation, T4 being already ridiculous.
    I also hope the visuals for that gear brings fresh and new flavors.
    Why does that matter as long as T5 gear doesn't easily overpower T5 encounters? So what if T5 makes you OP in T2 & T3 raids and regular K6 dungeons? Why would you bother doing T2 and T3 raids on a T5 toon, unless you're just helping a friend?

The gear should fit the tier, not lower levels tiers and dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    T4 easily puggable? It doesn't take great gear to do it now. A raid could easily do T4 in K6/T3 gear now. The problem is getting 24 people who can pay attention and do their job rather than gear.
    You've answered yourself. With K6/T3 gear you need 24 people who pay attention an do their job so It's not easy. But with over-geared 10 people you could carry the 14 inexpert people like is happening right now in T2.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    You've answered yourself. With K6/T3 gear you need 24 people who pay attention an do their job so It's not easy. But with over-geared 10 people you could carry the 14 inexpert people like is happening right now in T2.
    people still do t2? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    people still do t2? :O
    Maybe they will once Tier 6 comes out!

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    4) So if unchained T1s are becoming T5, what happens to Cetriss? Preparing for T6 already or will it be more dumb **** with fractional tiers?
    Well, why wouldn't be Cetriss also a T5 ?
    There's no such rule as "nope, 3 and a half boss maximum per tier".
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast