Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss! Game Director Letter - June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    1) I can't wait to see just how much T5 gear will trivialize existing dungeon content...

5) Will you be going DCUO on us and have the same instances getting unchained and ununchained and unununchained to grease the hamster wheel? It's a cheap way of making more content.
    Point 5 is a good way to fix point 1 imo. But i think i'd like to see raid rewards bringing something else than better gear.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    1) I can't wait to see just how much T5 gear will trivialize existing dungeon content...
    This is the main problem in AoC. Since there is no new "typical" proper expansion content which would increase the level/AA cap and add new and more powerful gear. T4 gear is OP only because there is no new expansion content.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

the million dollar question is: will age of conan ever see a new playfield realesed? if not, isit possible to revamp the old zones to level 80 with endgame quests and harder mobs? I am really curious about how they plan the connect T5 gear and the new craft revamap. How are they gonna make endgame crafting have a real value?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Point 5 is a good way to fix point 1 imo. But i think i'd like to see raid rewards bringing something else than better gear.
    What something else? there is nothing else than better gear in an MMO. People grind and kill only hoping their character will become more powerful. A dungeon can be as fun and pretty as you want if it doesn't provide the feeling of improving and accomplishment people only will go there one or two times(T3.5 back my words). And the big problem in AoC, like Naerri said, is that when you have the gear there is nowhere you can use it because this game can afford new playfields .

I hope that palace of Cetriss gear will be a lot more powerful than T4 and the only way to kill its bosses will be getting the getting the T1 unchained gear first. And with T5 gear T4 will be easy PUGable (like actual T2) and people who can't/don't want to join to a guild that can clean T4 properly will be able to advance.
    Last edited by xiulo88; 2nd July 2014 at 10:19.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Pancakes...I forgot to mention that had been pushed back to update 4.4. T4 gear, I'll check with the guys on status, I hadn't heard about it being pushed.
    hope realy see the new set T4 pvp , and hope you see for give back us mini grp prem or some incentive for do mini turnament + incentive for siege ......

Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    the million dollar question is: will age of conan ever see a new playfield realesed? if not, isit possible to revamp the old zones to level 80 with endgame quests and harder mobs?
    Yes please! Gief 80lvl Coast of Ardashir!
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

The Critical chance on crafting is absolutely needed. It keeps it fresh!

Simply getting the requirements and then popping a piece of armor out is mind blowing lame.

The gem's from back in the day actually gave value to gems that would just be farmed by bot farmers, and then crafted into what it needed to be.

Awesome on the unchained raid zones. Cool! Just make sure it's not like how AMP was able to be reset on the lock out timers. Everyone would be T5 or what ever in a matter of a couple days.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    What something else? there is nothing else than better gear in an MMO. People grind and kill only hoping their character will become more powerful. A dungeon can be as fun and pretty as you want if it doesn't provide the feeling of improving and accomplishment people only will go there one or two times(T3.5 back my words). And the big problem in AoC, like Naerri said, is that when you have the gear there is nowhere you can use it because this game can afford new playfields .
    It's not because all MMO follow the same grind pattern that this is the only option. I honnestly don't get the powergreed in PvE. I get it in PvP (not saying it's good just that willing to be stronger than others is the point). But in PvE i don't. T3.5 only back your words because the gear progression logic was here beforehand.

I enjoy PvE, but having to farm a thousand time bosses to pass gear checks and be able to get to the next level is not my idea of fun. I'd like progression to lead to choices and not to absolute improvement of everything. And over all i'd like the game to have wider bridges between PvE, PvP and crafting so the game progression could be freer and the actual concept of progression borader... but that's an other subject.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    What something else? there is nothing else than better gear in an MMO.
    It's part of the progression i agree but it has reached some point of no return with t4 gear.

Look at crit rating stat, everyone have tons of it, cumulated with feats that gives + feats that profits from it (alo VoM, Lotus Overload, Light the Path) you have incredibly powerful chars and, strong paradox, less gameplay/feats choices. Everyone goes for +dps+crit and sometimes alternate stat like heal crapting or protection and... well, that's all.

Age of Conan is not a good game for class masterizing/theorycrafting, it's just another gear/flavor class/cookie-cutter builds and let's gooo. Pretty poor for a game, even GW2 (casualgamer aimed) is better than AoC on this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    It's cool, if you can make good items without crit, but with crit extra powerfull items.
    It is not interesting that just now you can buy 29 equal rings for low price.
    You speak from my heart!

What does that text from the letter mean:
    Currently we’re adding all of the feedback in the system – error messages for when you craft wrong items etc.

Where do you get this feedback from? I have nothing found on Testlive? I would spend hours (even days) by helping finding bugs to get this system proper functioning.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast