Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss! Game Director Letter - June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Judging for the poor arguing directly towards me, yes.
    So, just for the thoughts : when you think about a pvp game you played and stopped since, what's the thing you remember the most : your personal stats or epics fights (being victory or defeats) moments ?

Cause i've played too many pvp games, some of thems had stats, some don't, and i can't remind any personnal stat from them unless i go to some internet site that record them (and they disappear really fast, like yg).

In the other hand, i've plenty of good memories of pvp. Cause yeah, nothing worth fighting moments to show how good the game is, and how good or bad players performs in. Not with stupid numbers on a window or a screenshot, cause they are just numbers. Numbers that fade. Good pvp moments are essence of thoses games, and must be what devs focuses when they working on pvp. Sometimes i understand your willing of "group play" in minis, cause they are good sources of nice pvp moments... it's just we don't have the same point of view about that, nothing more (and really not a reason to rage toward my opinion on a dead mmo forum, i don't even try to convince devs to remove k/d, cause i'm 100% sure it's not their willing, so why bother !)

On top of that, kill count system on aoc is just terrible. It rewards leeching necros and bad focusing, like "hey let's camp that pvp 0 hox, not because it's a potential threat, who cares of that, but because i want to be top killah at the end of the minis".
    i remember the epic fights, not weather we won or lost or how many flags someone pve flagbotted back to there pad

So we're kind of agreeing. Nevermind about my unpleasant answer about that. I like pvp but i think AoC has so much disappointed me on that part i hoped for something else.

My best guess is that not only is this unchaining of existing dungeon & raids a way to cheaply give us new content, but perhaps its also to train their newer employees on dungeon/raid design .... Dipping their toes in the water rather than making them jump in the deep end with a new instance from scratch... All I know is they better release some raid content quickly before more guilds crumble and the game dies.

On another note, I hope they "unchain" Xibaluku before any other 6 mans.... Its very fun as it is now even... Only problem with it is that its designed for players with blues/t1 years ago
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Pancakes...I forgot to mention that had been pushed back to update 4.4. T4 gear, I'll check with the guys on status, I hadn't heard about it being pushed.
    care king GM if you stay think get up new gear T5 , i hope update T5 pve with new set T4 pvp , if you do not it , the pvper return back for old error!!!

Quote Originally Posted by legionarium View Post
    care king GM if you stay think get up new gear T5 , i hope update T5 pve with new set T4 pvp , if you do not it , the pvper return back for old error!!!

This is the most coherent statement ever, and summarizes everyone's opinion. Bumping for visibility

Quote Originally Posted by weretiger302 View Post
    This is the most coherent statement ever, and summarizes everyone's opinion. Bumping for visibility
    It's a decent effort, but nowhere near as good as "lonf time no polygon" IMO :P :P

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    It's a decent effort, but nowhere near as good as "lonf time no polygon" IMO :P :P
    The conunitu remembers
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    I'll be away for a little while on vacation, well honeymoon to be exact, so if you don't see any activity for me / no replies to PMs etc... then that's why.

That said, 'providing everything goes to plan' you should see patch 4.3 going live in the next 2 weeks with class balance tweaks and raid vendor extensions. And the first Unchained raid boss should be hitting test live not too long after that!
    On 27th last month. So should be before friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    On 27th last month. So should be before friday.
    I wouldn't hold my breath.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast