Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Discuss! Game Director Letter - June 2014

Read TL patch notes, add; "coming soon to live server". Reread anything you like about crafting revamp, Cetriss, whatever else we know is coming later. And you have your letter.

Honestly, I'd like some reading material from our GD too but all these threads and posts are wtf.

When a simple translation takes that long we at least know why patches are coming out that slowly

I was going to make a joke about them having to translate the letter into Sanskrit, but I found an online Sanskrit translator so I guess it's not that. ई दोन'त क्नोव् व्हत् एल्से तो स्य.

FUNCOM, we wait and it's too long, pls funcom go go !!!

If you're that eager to see what's coming, you can also go to TL, there are the first 4 T5 unchained encounters and the new PvP streak system, there's also the new PvP stats panel for players to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Bylos
    Finally, due to the holiday break in July, I will skip next month’s letter as with the team away, there won’t be a lot of new information to provide.
    In August we are all back in business though, so expect lots of cool new updates going forward.

See you in August,

Joel
    Seems the GD can't even keep the only solid promise he made in the whole of the June letter
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    GDL may have been pushed back indefinitely?
    You mean, because of the sheer enormity of this project ?^^

/SCNR

Breaking promises is what AOC has been best at since launch actually. Regardless of game being good. overall, most of the damage done to this game, has actually been broken promises. This game has thrived mostly on its marketing, and the way it promises awesomeness.

There are other games out there who actually talk about things that they are ready to deliver, which actually end up coming, at roughly the right time. They are smart enough to keep quiet on features until the features are ready to be shown off

Aoc cant do this, because they dont have the funding or the staff, to bring things to the community at a valid time (or in time to let the community see that the game isnt dead), so they are left promising half finsihed, unfinished features, or ideas that seem to come straight out of a meeting, without any actual work done to it yet.

thats not saying new things arent coming. it's just that if we read all the GD letters over the last 3 years. if we actually did a list.
    how many of the promised features etc, have actually occured, and how many have been dropped and silenced all together?.

aoc is still a good game, and the small tweaks they are doing now, (including balancing tweaks to new verisons of old raids.) Proove how little content is actually being produced. In terms of art assets, there is very very little trickling in. Aoc is good as it is, but it is aging, and its clear that nothing but a full team developing this game is going to bring anything really new and exciting to the table.

Proove me wrong funcom, Aoc Dev team, GD. And ill resub when my current sub runs out. Right now i have no reason too. Unless i want to redo the stuff ive already done 100 times.

AoC needs a change in pace, a fresh breath. it needs a full on AOC II feel, new areas (another KHITAI sized addon), new quests, more story, new weapons, more tiers. achievements. crafting, new progression. A full on addon, with progression, hours of gameplay, new story that ties, in and a few new functions worked into the game.

All that stuff, needs to come at once, so that we can come back and really really enjoy something fresh, not a new feature at a time, redoing same old.
    Last edited by Melekaiah; 5th September 2014 at 09:21.

The forums / character appearance / armor appearance / weapon appearance / crafting / game director's letter are imbedded so deep into old code that it's impossible to change anything about that.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Good Nighttttttttt vietnammmmmmmmmmm