Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: LVL 80s killing low levels in Whitesands

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Call them names all you like, but the numbers of those keyboard-turning newbies, who were ganked serveral times until logging out and ultimately left the server/game for good are simply missing nowadays, further shrinking Fury's playerbase by the day.
    Who would have known if they might have turned into decent players if they resubbed ant hit 80? You guys? Don't make me laugh.

While I give credit to the playing-skills of many who have posted in this thread, sometimes it seems your brains are not as fast as your blades, sadly.
    It's exactly what i think, but "Pvpers" prefers to accuse Funcom it seems. Blinded much ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    It's exactly what i think, but "Pvpers" prefers to accuse Funcom it seems. Blinded much ?
    When was the last time you played on a PvP server ? Biased much ?
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post

Note: until PvE became compulsory PvP servers where doing well and were more populated than PvE ones.
    Except for Fury, most of the PVP servers (NOT talking about RP-pvp, that's another topic entirely) were dead at the start of 2009. January 2009 was the first server merge, with 13 PVP servers closed, and only 11 PVE servers closed as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Except for Fury, most of the PVP servers (NOT talking about RP-pvp, that's another topic entirely) were dead at the start of 2009. January 2009 was the first server merge, with 13 PVP servers closed, and only 11 PVE servers closed as well.
    This mostly indicates that there were too many servers in the first place. For the french community you already had 3 PvP servers and 1 PvE. If other countries had the same ratio of servers it's not surprising there were slightly more PvP servers closed then PvE ones.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

When was the last time you played on a PvP server ? Biased much ?
    No need to play on when you see the same... EXACTLY same issues and complains than 2008-2009, when the first pvp servers died. When Funcom had to close WS PvP. And not surprisingly, a little while after they opened pvp again here, old habits came back

This mostly indicates that there were too many servers in the first place. For the french community you already had 3 PvP servers and 1 PvE. If other countries had the same ratio of servers it's not surprising there were slightly more PvP servers closed then PvE ones.
    There was only 2 French PVP servers, and they died before 2009. Both of them. Stygia survived (and was in fact the most populated French server until late 2010) due to the RP population. You should know it, you were there as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    It is funcom fault. All of it. Sure ok gankers on white sands ran off a lot of people but that was a small percentage of the pvp community.

Let's rewind for a minute and see how the pvp servers died off.

2008- game launched. Within a couple weeks players with full gem suits were one shotting people. Manyou people left over this. Ok. Movin on.
    Class imbalance. Big issue of all. It doesn't matter on a pve server but on the pvp server this was and still is an issue. People get fed up and quit. Ok

Eventually fc introduced gear Stat changes. This made the game gear dependant. Many people quit again.
    Then came pvp gear 1-5. A ridiculous grind in and of itself. Then they implemented bori so people could bang rocks for pvp xp. This drove people away in droves.

Siege mechanics were broken beyond belief for a long time. And when you do try to siege a be the local care bears unite to stop you.

Then they added pvp 6-10 and further increased an already huge gap between new players and vets. This drove the pvp pop down fast because players went to crom to farm pvp xp and most never returned. Only the people who did enjoy pvp.

Oh wait then they made the b&g servers with ridiculous limitations and look how that turned out. It was great to not have guards again. But not worth a vet like me re grinding the game.

Addition of guards. Self explanatory. It's the pve players we have to thank for that. They want to be on a pvp server but can't take pvp unless it's consensual.

Srillion. This guy favored pve over pvp much like Anzu and drest. And the state of the game shows it. He (srillion)focused on pve and left pvp to wither and die and for players like me who prefer only pvp this was bad. We have the same minimaps for years. Need I a say more?

There are a ton more things I could post but I'm on my phone so I'll say the pvp community is hardly to blame for the state of things . You can say global chat toxicity did it or ganking etc but no one ever quit over chat trolling and ganking is every pvpers from given right!

Now the tables turn and pvp gets attention while pve takes a backseat. It sucks but we will see how long you lot can do tier 4 til your fingers bleed. Wil you blame the pve community when you can't field a raid anymore?

Sorry for typos. Auto correct is a whore
    Last edited by Laethiel; 21st August 2014 at 18:58.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

PVE = t5 starting on test live
    PVE = class changes (yes, mostly for pvp but will affect pve)

PVP = pvp events
    PVP = new pvp gear upgrading

As long as pvpers don't get Funcom to merge servers and force me to decide between remaining subbed and world pvp required, then its great to get some pvp love.

The ganking in WS? A lvl 25 will still gank lowbies there, the difference is now if you join a guild maybe you can get someone high up to go chastise the attackers. Wish they could give more of a warning to new players about the difference between fair pvp and getting ganked by lvl 80s on the pvp server though. Maybe more of them would have moved to Crom and tried out the game without being ress pad camped.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    PVE = t5 starting on test live
    PVE = class changes (yes, mostly for pvp but will affect pve)

PVP = pvp events
    PVP = new pvp gear upgrading

As long as pvpers don't get Funcom to merge servers and force me to decide between remaining subbed and world pvp required, then its great to get some pvp love.
    What would you say if i told you there was a way to merge the servers and keep both rulesets? DC universe did this. One mega server with the ability to switch from the pvp side to the pve side anytime. So basically it is two worlds connected by a central conduit. YOu use this conduit to transfer to pve or go to pvp side. IT works and it can work here. We can all have our cake and eat it too
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    What would you say if i told you there was a way to merge the servers and keep both rulesets? DC universe did this. One mega server with the ability to switch from the pvp side to the pve side anytime. So basically it is two worlds connected by a central conduit. YOu use this conduit to transfer to pve or go to pvp side. IT works and it can work here. We can all have our cake and eat it too
    We've been suggesting exactly that for years now, 1 server with everyone, giving a separate pve or pvp instance available at zone in.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast