Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: LVL 80s killing low levels in Whitesands

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post

killing a lowbie does not give you a kill in your stats.
    I thought this was common knowledge..

In case it isn't Killing a grey toon (lowbie) does not up your kdr stats. It did at one time but that was years ago The practice of occasionally killing lowbies is no sport and not really something i personally partake in but i dont generally care if others do.. It's an open ffa pvp server. Everyone is fair game
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    One advice: Join a worthy guild.

Open-World is not fair. Level 80s killing level 20s. PvP 10s killing PvP 0s. Groupes of five attacking lonely players and so one. It's part of the adventure. It can be frustrating at times, but if you're playing with a nice and helpful bunch it also favours bonding. Help and be helped, and of course always retaliate. If the ganker was a member of a given guild, remember that name and gank the living **** out of all their members until you're feud meets it's end and head roll all over the place !

Or move to Crom if you don't feel like playing among the ruins of civilization.

I love AoC
    \

******** - There is no reason why level 80 should be killing lvl 25 on down. EXCLUDE WB from Whitesands - lvl 80 have the entire game to PvP. Low level ONLY have Whitesands.

That was why they had a lvl Cap in whitesands. I figgin need to hear goto Crom and be told im a noob by a lvl 80 killing my lvl 15 over and over an locking me to the rez pad

I'm not saying it's smart. But it's, in my opinion, rather irrelevant wheather level 80s can go to white sands or not. Surely being killed by a 80 strikes you more than being killed by a level 25 ranger. But it's actually all the same.
    Not if your a lvl 19, 20,21,22,23 and 24

With a lvl 25 cap ( like it used to be ) u stand a way more chance with a lvl 25 then an 80 with PvP gear

Though i disagree with players complaining too much about ganking, especially these days, i can't help to find moronic this argument: "GO CROM NAB!" spammed by narrowminded PvPers for so long.

Experienced players do not suffer from highly unbalanced PvP encounter as newcomers. An Experrience player knows how to dodge everything, has friends, and can often spot gankers from afar. Sure there are many ways do dodge PvP and i would love to see more players join PvP servers and see it as an adventure thus coming on Forums asking for tips to have a smoother way through. Like there was in the first few years. But, population being what it is, it's undeniable that newcomers will start alone, because most vets are done with levelling and only have 80s and most real guilds (lowbie guilds spaming everyone with invites aren't real guilds) don't accept new commers.

Last thing, i hope you have that tough talk with you're own guildies. You know, the ones that can't take getting zerged and QQ for hours in tells and on global about it
    Nope - u cant see a lvl 80 sin coming at you as a lvl 15 -25.
    I don't if you played WhiteSand before the level Cap being removed - it was way More fun. This is killin low level PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by disaztrs View Post
    Honestly man, go log on your ranger and sit in a corner more as I slice you up on my Sin as I always do.

You guys are the very reason why this game is dying, purely because you're so wussified that you scare away any competition that is left in this game. I've honestly never seen so many care bears harvested in one game in my entire life.

If they can't handle a PVP server, GO TO CROM. It's really that simple.

And for the record, we slice apart zergs with half their numbers on a daily basis. I don't want to hear it.
    There is No reason why a lvl 80 should be in White Sands raping low levels !
    You are the reason ( if your one of the lvl 30 thru 80 ) the new people leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    Simple. its one or more players killing one or more other players. It does not require fairness to be considered pvp. In other world pvp centric games you can kill anyone of any level anytime. There used to be a disclaimer that if you dont like this type of environment you should roll on the pve server. in the ffa open pvp server you are all fair game. I will sum up what i think of this qq thread by quoting mr durden

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the all singing all dancing crap of the world."

In other words you are not special. the community does not revolve around you. and if you are going to cry about getting ganked by 80s or while talking to npcs or just scratching your arse and how completely unfair life can be sometimes just swallow your pride and play on crom because the pvp setting is not for you. On fury pvp is not consensual. Qq threads will not change that.

If you want consensual pvp play on crom its really that simple.
    Bull - U and i both know there was a lvl cap in WS for this very reason. There is no good reason for a lvl 80 to PvP a lvl 15.

Most of the time u lock people to the rez pads just to annoy them.
    You call them name, etc and wanna say QQ. There are no quest in this zone for levels 30-80. You guy are only there to harass other low level players.

Why come to WS ?

It is people like you that have issues.

Funcom doesn't need to do anything. Even in WoW you cna farm lowbie zones and it says in global that the area is under attack so other players arrive to fight and protect.

It all boils down to people being so wussified now a days. It's simple, if you can't handle it, go to crom. Level to 80 without an issue and PVP in minis and BK's only. I don't see what the problem is?
    Why level to 80 if people like low level PvP. And to prove a point Funcom sells PvP gear at lvl 20 too. So you're saying if i buy PvP lvl 20 gear i should level because u say so. What if i want to get mileage out of my lvl 20 PvP gear.

What is i do not like Minis - u do - I dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardus View Post
    are you for real or... [Edited by Drest: No not that!] ?
    Let me add since you got censored. This guy is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Geldour View Post
    this comment shows just how clueless you are.

killing a lowbie does not give you a kill in your stats.

7 pvp 8s? i call bulshit. You sound like a pver just the way you talk.
    The 80s do it to annoy other people because of Funcom lifting the cap from whitesands. Plenty of petition have been sent. This game can easily end up like City of Heroes ( dead ).

The population of players is at an all time low. Servers have been merged to try to keep the population up.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardus View Post
    Believe what you want main hox pvp 10,bs pvp 8 barb pvp7 sin pvp 8 conq pvp8 tos pvp 7 guard pvp 7 and trust me none of them was "made in white sands killing lowbies" and for the likes of you

Assumption its the mother of all ****ups.
    So if this is the case - what the hell are you doing in white sands?

Another thing about your BS ( not Bear Shamen )Resume. Maybe someone at your level allowed you to killed them over and over so that u can get to these PvP level ? See.

Quote Originally Posted by Maloney View Post
    I guess you keep switching toons because you aren't very good on any one. Otherwise we'd know who you are.

The only way you can be harassed in this game is if you're stubborn.
    did you notice Harassment is not allowed in this game - no need to read the EULA - type /petition it is one of the choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    I thought this was common knowledge..

In case it isn't Killing a grey toon (lowbie) does not up your kdr stats. It did at one time but that was years ago The practice of occasionally killing lowbies is no sport and not really something i personally partake in but i dont generally care if others do.. It's an open ffa pvp server. Everyone is fair game
    So is it okay if you roll a new toon. Can i annoy and harass you when u get to White Sands. I'll make sure u complete no quest.

What if your low leveling PvP and i show up with an 80. I kill both of you - u okay with that ? Then lock you to the pad.
    Last edited by Anzu; 20th August 2014 at 21:36.

Quote Originally Posted by harneyempire View Post
    So is it okay if you roll a new toon. Can i annoy and harass you when u get to White Sands. I'll make sure u complete no quest.

What if your low leveling PvP and i show up with an 80. I kill both of you - u okay with that ? Then lock you to the pad.
    O man you still ramble about this?
    Well if lvl 80 kill lowbie than come with lvl 80 and you waste him. end of story.
    And since you call it harassment, what was the case when lowbies on purpose run to world boss only to be killed by high lvls and make them murderers?

Get over it and play game

Quote Originally Posted by Geldour View Post
    dude, just go lvl in one of the other lowbie areas while the pvp area is WS. it is 1 day a fortnight.. not a big deal.
    Didn't have to before. Remove the World Bosses from Whitesand and put the level Caps on.

Another option - Instance - Lock 80s to an instance can have Nu and we low level PvPer can have Thor and the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    I don't care about the gankers on Crom, that's true. What I cared about was new players getting reamed on white sands by lvl 80s and giving up on the game before they get to know it.

But, hey, have fun showing the newbies the ropes.
    They dont have time to learn the ropes - they Quit.
    Especially if they like Low level PvP'er and the PvP gear they got from Funcom with real money. They just get rolled by a lvl 80 for the hell of it.

The server says PVP on it and the other one says PVE.

If they can't handle PVP, then they can go join a server more suitable for them. Crying on the forums to have Funcom always twist the rules on PVP servers because they don't want to play on PVE crom makes absolutely no sense.

[Edit by Drest: Don't go there!]
    Can you handle a lvl 80 - or say a lvl 30 Attacking you in Whitesand when your a lvl - say 14-15-16-17-18-19-20 i think not.
    Last edited by Anzu; 20th August 2014 at 21:37.

\

******** - There is no reason why level 80 should be killing lvl 25 on down. EXCLUDE WB from Whitesands - lvl 80 have the entire game to PvP. Low level ONLY have Whitesands.

That was why they had a lvl Cap in whitesands. I figgin need to hear goto Crom and be told im a noob by a lvl 80 killing my lvl 15 over and over an locking me to the rez pad
    Well i've always found low level pvp pointless, it's a bit less now that you have energy for sprinting i'll give you that. Still i roamed through whitesands while questing and getting ganked at level 15 by level 25 rangers camping the place never striked me as fun. Even on a tank there's not much you can do in this situation. So be i farmed by a level 25 or a level 80 it pretty much feels the same to me. The only diffrence being, if it's a level 80 i can easily have friends come and help me. If there's a level 25 cap it's much more complicated since most my friends don't specific slots for this matter.
    When i leveled my toons every PvP enabled zones of Tortage was infested with level 25 rangers sometimes in groupes of 3/4.

If i remember right White Sands didn't have a level cap in the first few months of the game.

Not if your a lvl 19, 20,21,22,23 and 24

With a lvl 25 cap ( like it used to be ) u stand a way more chance with a lvl 25 then an 80 with PvP gear
    Here again i've hardly ever seen the point of staying beyond level 19/20 in white sands besides artificially boosting your K/D on noobs a newcomers. Pretty much like lowbie Minis where you have half the players who are vets, top level possible, geared with the best blues available and all the AA points they could get vs questing players geared up with the greens they've looted during there quests.
    Besides every 1st monday of the month when the Pictish Nation used to do there RP-PVP events in white sands, i've only enjoyed lowbie PvP in real open-world zones. There at least, if you play to piss people off, your likely to see a couple of 80s farm you for a while.
    Last edited by Chaman-bourru; 20th August 2014 at 10:02.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Thumbs up

It's a PVP server. You are going to be farmed. Whether it is by one lvl 80, a group of six level 15s it is all the same. I played last night there were about five level 80s in white sands PVPing each other. Yes sometimes they killed me. You know what it doesn't matter. I still tried to fight them. Learn to move try to CC them. Maybe I can only take a little health from them, but learning to move watch for there CCs in cast bar is invaluable. Stick at it you will get better.

Your definition of harassment is wrong. Harassment according to the elua is verbal harrassment. Not pvp harassment. On the pvp server the rules are you are fair game and gms will not get involved in any situation concerning pvp ,ganking of low levels by 80s or what have you.

Your question about wether I'm ok with being camped doesn't mean much to me. I have 11 level 80 and have been through the world pvp zones enough times to get sent unfairly to the pad. I find its best to just shrug it off and carry on what you were doing. Getting mad and raging in tells or global or the forums just instigates them to continue pad camping you and physically harassing you. I've been griefed by entire raids of people who would block raid entrances and slaughter anyone trying to pass. Guess what it's perfectly within the rules.

Not to mention you can easily level to 19 and leave tortage without ever stepping foot in white sands. My advice to you is to walk it off. It's just a game.
    Last edited by Laethiel; 20th August 2014 at 17:50.

ONE message at a time. If you need to quote multiple messages, cut/paste and edit your last message, or write it first in a text editor.
    Short cuts make long delays.

PvP QQ complaint: Waaah wahhhhh wahhhhhhhh my server dead

New player makes toon on crom and gets ganked by 70+ level ppl daily and complains

PvP response: QQ MOAR BADDIE, CAREBEAR, FCK U GO TO CROM, THATS NORMAL ON LEET SERVER IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO TO CROM

New player quits or goes to Crom

PvP QQ complaint: Waaah wahhhhh wahhhh my server dead QQ.

BRILLIANT LOGIC. Really. Such Amaze, so skills, much pvp, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
    PvP QQ complaint: Waaah wahhhhh wahhhhhhhh my server dead

New player makes toon on crom and gets ganked by 70+ level ppl daily and complains

PvP response: QQ MOAR BADDIE, CAREBEAR, FCK U GO TO CROM, THATS NORMAL ON LEET SERVER IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO TO CROM

New player quits or goes to Crom

PvP QQ complaint: Waaah wahhhhh wahhhh my server dead QQ.

BRILLIANT LOGIC. Really. Such Amaze, so skills, much pvp, wow.
    Hey we dont make the rules

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast