Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: So What's the Next New MMO?

Has anyone heard much about the game Black Dessert ? A friend of mine whos in the beta sent me an email raving about it. I had not heard of it before. So i checked it out a bit and the videos are impressive. Heres one to watch.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Oa...syX5DyjI83uIQg

heh Black Desert looks nice indeed to me - i thought Archeage is nice till i saw this - yeah seen it before but not like real gameplay just a trailer plus character looks complexity

anyway to even think about trying it i would have to swap few PC parts from what i saw how the game GFX is ;(

ok no matter what - dont ever give up hope - ill wait for streaming - laggy as hell but AWESOME idea it is

Default Black Desert

Some GREAT new game-play vids added today too at [Black Desert Online - YouTube]. This could be my AoC replacement after countless other tries with other MMOs and 6-years of FUNCOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    Some GREAT new game-play vids added today too at [Black Desert Online - YouTube]. This could be my AoC replacement after countless other tries with other MMOs and 6-years of FUNCOM.
    Finally a game with character animations that can compete with awesome AoC motion capture. Lets hope its also good content wise. I was a bit scared when I saw the combat though - it looks weird.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Default Black Dessert

Yeah, that Black Desert looks amazing. The combat looks decent and the screen shaking during battle can be adjusted. It is still in mid-stage beta, I'm guessing.
    It has player housing!!!! Also complex crafting they say. Amazing looking characters! Classes are gender locked, but no big deal.
    I think this is gonna be a really huge successful release. Only time will tell if it will hold up to all the hype that is being built up for this game, and I hope it does. Did I mention it has Player Housing? I have already swallowed the hook.

Latest release news is Korea will get it in mid 2015 and the U.S./EU will get it early to mid 2016.
    So we have time to start beefing up our pc's. You're gonna need a big-bad-mean-machine to play Black Desert.

black desert looks good... but genderlocked classes is a turn off for me...
    i wouldn't play just for that. i don't understand why they still do that on MMORPGs... is just stupid.
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    black desert looks good... but genderlocked classes is a turn off for me...
    i wouldn't play just for that. i don't understand why they still do that on MMORPGs... is just stupid.
    Yeah that is very retarded!

I watched a little bit on it. Animations are way to snappy/jerky, and sounds when hitting all just seems cheesy to me.

The combat and animations are still lacking compared to AoC.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Also the graphics engine could use some work. I am not particularly fond of the distance blur and distant objects popping into the view out of nowhere when you move closer.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

I liked the graphics. What worries me is combat and the fact that it being korean made has me thinking that it will be the typical massive grindfest games that seem to come out of that part of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    I liked the graphics. What worries me is combat and the fact that it being korean made has me thinking that it will be the typical massive grindfest games that seem to come out of that part of the world.
    I've heard them talk about that. They understand Western Audiences don't like the same level of grind that they do. That is part of their localization process, to reduce the grind to acceptable standards for the regions playing the game. So I actually believe they stand of good chance of doing it right.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast