Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: So What's the Next New MMO?

Black Desert Online looks really cool. Lets hope for a good western localisation.

http://black-desert.com/

My other bet would be ArcheAge - but only if they add moar PvE engame content, otherwise it's a no go for me (I am not into pvp and/or milking cows and shiat :P).
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Kingdom under Garbage...omg, how can anyone find that game fun...
    Interesting. So you've played it?

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    Interesting. So you've played it?
    Like 4 years ago on Xbox, it was terrible.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Black Desert Online looks really cool. Lets hope for a good western localisation.

http://black-desert.com/
    For sure. Age of Conan meets Guild Wars 2 but better.

play neverwinter
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    play neverwinter
    How's the engine in that going these days?

I stopped playing it a while ago because it runs extremely poorly, as in, worse than DreamWorld ever did. I suspect it has very piss poor netcode.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    How's the engine in that going these days?

I stopped playing it a while ago because it runs extremely poorly, as in, worse than DreamWorld ever did. I suspect it has very piss poor netcode.
    really? never seen anything related to engine posted or said since launch. Last I checked much of the cryptic engine is taken from source which runs the most competitive game on the planet dota 2. Bad players complained of netcode when they can't land stuff but that stopped last year if not before. 5v5 and 20v20 runs smooth even with players all over the world. single server pvp is awesome when latency does not effect friends in brazil and alaska on the same team. neverwinter only has 2 maps for domination 5v5 until next module, if the combat was not running smoothly and fun the game would have died. Instead it has the largest pvp community of any mmo and has a increasing population and a company behind it that made 3.1 billion last year.

Not trying to be total fanboy, but it free and the combat is fun. it was great replacement for aoc mini games for a bunch of us.
    Last edited by raist718; 19th August 2014 at 13:22.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

I have to concur with Raist i have been playing it and i remember hating the game at launch but i am having a blast. and it has an excellent free to play model. no restrictions whatsoever that i have seen yet and im level 49
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Played it either during beta or at launch. Can't remember, but I do know I was not a fan of the small instanced based stuff. Also the combat was pretty boring.

Though all MMO combat is boring to me after playing AoC so long lol.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Some updates on EQNext:

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=34895

Still dislike the graphical style but it's sounding like it might be interesting otherwise.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast