Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: So What's the Next New MMO?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Only a couple of classes can heal other players in GW2 though. The only thing that's really lacking in GW2 is the need for a tank. Because you're still going to want an Ele/Guardian for heals etc.
    It's just a confused system. At the time I was playing an ele and the self heals were ridiculous, as well as some group heals. Super easy to make everything a combo and just roll to heal for free. I am sure it has changed but I still hate their archetypless system and how games like GW2 perpetuate that trend now. There is nothing wrong with a class having things it can't excel in or do at all, that's what other people playing different classes are for.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    It's just a confused system. At the time I was playing an ele and the self heals were ridiculous, as well as some group heals. Super easy to make everything a combo and just roll to heal for free. I am sure it has changed but I still hate their archetypless system and how games like GW2 perpetuate that trend now. There is nothing wrong with a class having things it can't excel in or do at all, that's what other people playing different classes are for.
    Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. I was just making a point about the "healers" in GW2. Unfortunately, almost every game in the future is moving in that direction. Even Everquest Next is going to be a "classes" game. Nothing we can really do about it, other than adapt or quit playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. I was just making a point about the "healers" in GW2. Unfortunately, almost every game in the future is moving in that direction. Even Everquest Next is going to be a "classes" game. Nothing we can really do about it, other than adapt or quit playing.
    The whole cartoon look of EQ Next killed it for me, besides a billion hours of crafting which seems to be the focus. I've moved back to table top games, hopefully some MMO like AoC was in 2008 pops up.
    Doomsayer 2008

Started playing archeage a bit more. The combat is mind numbingly boring but the open pvp every where is awesome. Also I found that me and one friend can take on groups of 4-5 easily with good coordination and L33T skillz which leads to some awesome heart racing moments.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Hi,

Is anyone else pondering about playing Black Desert Online?
    I noticed preorder was up: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/preorder/

Personally I will keep playing AOC (and stay subbed for a long time still) but think Black Desert Online (without sub) is looking really nice.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    Hi,

Is anyone else pondering about playing Black Desert Online?
    I noticed preorder was up: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/preorder/

Personally I will keep playing AOC (and stay subbed for a long time still) but think Black Desert Online (without sub) is looking really nice.
    Hmm, not sure Maark, Everytime someone talks about this game, they say it's real Korean Grind Festival
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

MassivelyOP is a good place for mmo info.

http://massivelyop.com/?s=black+desert+online

Someone posted a BDO combat video on this forum that looked really, really good but nothing I've seen since then has been even remotely interesting to me. Maybe it's the class/player.

Since we've ressed this thread... I'd say Star Citizen will be the next big thing though it's a ways out yet. That said there's nothing on the horizon that I'm looking forward to atm. Just need my AoC/TSW addiction fed.

Edit: Here's that post/video.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=1#post2131137
    Last edited by Raeil; 18th November 2015 at 00:21.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Hmm, not sure Maark, Everytime someone talks about this game, they say it's real Korean Grind Festival
    Yeah, I share that concearn Thom. The project manager says this though:
    "Black Desert Online’s content and gameplay sytems will be adjusted to accommodate Western players and our differentiating business model.”

Not sure what this really means but I guess (and hope) it means a reduced grind.

Raeli,
    Yeah, I see where you are coming from and understand this game might not be for all, it is probably an aquired taste. But I too see the classes as one of the biggest selling points, they look really interesting and diverse.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I got my eye on Crowfall

www.crowfall.com
    They bought me at this point: CAN I SPEND REAL WORLD CURRENCY BUY IN-GAME ITEMS OR CURRENCY? No.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra