Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: So What's the Next New MMO?

Quote Originally Posted by Jin-chan View Post
    ArcheAge
    Biggest waste of a monthly sub ever...the game had a lot of potential, but has been totally runied by TRINOTSOHARD (aka TRION).

D&D 5th edition, all it cost me was the paper I printed the free pdf file on. Just the free noob adventure is more fun than the trash MMO's they have put out since 2008. Classless, sandbox, no story, go anywhere but everything is the same cartoon rated "e", minecraft redux pseudo-crafting, drool from your mouth preschool building block games.

Give me back regular archetype class based roles where every class is not there own healer, dps, tank, kiter, and controller and where group work is actually class and skill based. Not these horrid Sudoku based puzzles people add to games for an excuse to have more than 3 people in a party to complete. If I wanted puzzle games I would play them for free on my phone.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post

Give me back regular archetype class based roles where every class is not there own healer, dps, tank, kiter, and controller and where group work is actually class and skill based. .
    This^^ Exactly this

In an effort to appease the masses & the hunt for balance they have in fact destroyed class structure & the "feel" of a class in game.
    Everybody wants their class to shoot fireballs while tanking & then heal up while doing is sadly destroying mmos.

10mins in a more current mmo like ESO an you will see this with near every class having self heals, its a horrific title so easy its beyond belief.

Was looking around for a title to play alongside aoc today & am coming up stumped =/

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianGirl View Post
    Biggest waste of a monthly sub ever...the game had a lot of potential, but has been totally runied by TRINOTSOHARD (aka TRION).
    I know that Currently only game worth paying for is FFXIV imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Naberu
    "Is she blood-related? If not, j-j-jam it in! If so, meh...j-j-jam it in anyways!"

D&D 5th edition, all it cost me was the paper I printed the free pdf file on. Just the free noob adventure is more fun than the trash MMO's they have put out since 2008. Classless, sandbox, no story, go anywhere but everything is the same cartoon rated "e", minecraft redux pseudo-crafting, drool from your mouth preschool building block games.

Give me back regular archetype class based roles where every class is not there own healer, dps, tank, kiter, and controller and where group work is actually class and skill based. Not these horrid Sudoku based puzzles people add to games for an excuse to have more than 3 people in a party to complete. If I wanted puzzle games I would play them for free on my phone.
    I do not think the classless system is the problem. But the lack of need and effect of specialization might be exactly what you mean...and there i would agree. The difference is just that in a classless system everyone can dabble till some amount or function as either after a while (not even necessary, depending on skill and featsystem though) maybe, while in a class system you as player can never change certain things (which can be quite ridicolous).
    I completely agree about the modern design choices though. Good design does not enforce gameplay, it favours, letting players experiment within boundaries. Make these boundaries too narrow and you feel like a lab rat in a maze and fun and immerision are gone (except you like lab rat challenges). But these challenges are not challenges when solved once. Like a good suspense horror movie maybe...it can be brilliant the first time watching, but stale and boring the second time. Same with puzzle design.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    I do not think the classless system is the problem. But the lack of need and effect of specialization might be exactly what you mean...and there i would agree. The difference is just that in a classless system everyone can dabble till some amount or function as either after a while (not even necessary, depending on skill and featsystem though) maybe, while in a class system you as player can never change certain things (which can be quite ridicolous).
    I completely agree about the modern design choices though. Good design does not enforce gameplay, it favours, letting players experiment within boundaries. Make these boundaries too narrow and you feel like a lab rat in a maze and fun and immerision are gone (except you like lab rat challenges). But these challenges are not challenges when solved once. Like a good suspense horror movie maybe...it can be brilliant the first time watching, but stale and boring the second time. Same with puzzle design.
    Or if you want to dabble, play a Bard. I never found anything "limiting" about old class systems where you actually needed other classes to complete most content. It was also fun, in games like EQ, where groups that were not optimal could achieve almost the same results as standard optimal groups with the right specializations and player knowledge. That's different than every class just being the best at everything because that's the current trend.

When you say "dabble" now, most games allow every class to be the best of everything with hardly any limitations, which just leads to ridiculous flavor specs that makes no sense. Everyone using bows in ESO in the first few months for example. GW2 is the best of example of a confused class system, other than the pvp playing like an arcade game which was fun for a while, it's quite boring knowing everyone can just heal themselves whenever and it's very hard to not finish anything while playing excessively badly.

The last game that actually got classes right for me, EQOA, even if it was pve only game with terrible graphics. The game was so well crafted who cared what it looked like...
    Doomsayer 2008

Still think eve-online is the answer for me. The amount of support that game gets is amazing. You truly get your money's worth for subscribing unlike this game. That being said the genre is not for everyone
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Still think eve-online is the answer for me. The amount of support that game gets is amazing. You truly get your money's worth for subscribing unlike this game. That being said the genre is not for everyone
    I don't know. Crom has been pretty epic the last two weeks, fury is dead.. Lot of old hate in PvP back on crom also and the constant 24/7 pve availability has been fun.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    I don't know. Crom has been pretty epic the last two weeks, fury is dead.. Lot of old hate in PvP back on crom also and the constant 24/7 pve availability has been fun.
    What? We had premades and intense open world pvp sessions several times last week on Fury. From my point of view it's Fury that has been epic not Crom. I've enjoyed some of the sieges on Crom though.

Back on topic looks like my next MMO will be Star Citizen but it is WAY too ambitious IMO and I can't really believe in it, no matter how successful the Kickstarter was. Hope they prove me wrong.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Or if you want to dabble, play a Bard. I never found anything "limiting" about old class systems where you actually needed other classes to complete most content. It was also fun, in games like EQ, where groups that were not optimal could achieve almost the same results as standard optimal groups with the right specializations and player knowledge. That's different than every class just being the best at everything because that's the current trend.

When you say "dabble" now, most games allow every class to be the best of everything with hardly any limitations, which just leads to ridiculous flavor specs that makes no sense. Everyone using bows in ESO in the first few months for example. GW2 is the best of example of a confused class system, other than the pvp playing like an arcade game which was fun for a while, it's quite boring knowing everyone can just heal themselves whenever and it's very hard to not finish anything while playing excessively badly.

The last game that actually got classes right for me, EQOA, even if it was pve only game with terrible graphics. The game was so well crafted who cared what it looked like...
    Only a couple of classes can heal other players in GW2 though. The only thing that's really lacking in GW2 is the need for a tank. Because you're still going to want an Ele/Guardian for heals etc.