Thread: Noob pvp'er need some tips

Default Noob pvp'er need some tips

G-day gang I've been playing AOC since June 09, I have 12 toons of which 10 are lvl 80 a 75 and a lvl 6 all on crom, I'm kinda bored shitless now so I think a re roll on a new server is needed, it's time to have a crack at pvp

so in saying that I've never pvp'd before I have no idea what a macro/keybind is and I would say I'm a keyboard turner, I'm in Australia and average 220ms to 280ms

I'm conflicted as to what toon to roll, I love melee the best but I'm also not adverse to the occasional face roll when I'm feeling lazy

also what server fury or rage ?

I would love some input from the seasoned pvp veterans
    cheers in advance
    shaggy
    CROM-Shaggaliscus- lvl 80 brute conq- born may 2009, Shaggybear- lvl 80 BS, Shaghldr- lvl 80 barb, Shaggphyre- lvl80 dt, Shaggavasha- lvl 80 necro, Shaggypyro- lvl 80 demo, Shaggadelic- lvl 80 tos, Shagconian- lvl 80 guard, Shaggablehox- lvl 80 hox, Shaggyshaft- lvl 80 ranger, Sinfulshagga- lvl 75 sin, Shagga- lvl 6 pom

FURY- Shagginator- lvl 10 zerka barb

http://bloodnashes.guildlaunch.com/

I am as seasoned as it gets, pvping since 2008

epeen0r aside here is my advice:

Server: Fury
    Character:
    If you want to go truely melee own faces and take names there is only one class: Barbarian

That being said if you really want to take a shot at pvp you need to get your **** together when it comes to key binds and character controls in general. If you do not master it you will enter a world of pain.

That being said: if you don't want to go "pvp monk" and dedicate your life to pvping in AOC then I would say roll guardian. Powerful class, longest reach in game, very forgiving in pvp (you can make tons of mistakes and still not die) and very very veeeeeeeeerrrrrrry few keybinds are needed for effective fighting.
    Retired

cheers Slith for responding, so would that be zerka' or reaver barb?

I play on a lap top with a Logitech g500 mouse with no idea what the little buttons do lol
    CROM-Shaggaliscus- lvl 80 brute conq- born may 2009, Shaggybear- lvl 80 BS, Shaghldr- lvl 80 barb, Shaggphyre- lvl80 dt, Shaggavasha- lvl 80 necro, Shaggypyro- lvl 80 demo, Shaggadelic- lvl 80 tos, Shagconian- lvl 80 guard, Shaggablehox- lvl 80 hox, Shaggyshaft- lvl 80 ranger, Sinfulshagga- lvl 75 sin, Shagga- lvl 6 pom

It really depends on where you think yourself is at skill wise. Do you understand most of the classes? You have 10 80s so you should know most of each class' abilities. These are important in pvp.

If you believe you got the skills and what it takes, then it does not really matter what class you roll you will do fine on it.

If you want suggestion.

Melee
    - Barbarian
    - Decent dps, good ccs, fast movement, good hit box, (good for 200ms)
    - Guardian
    - Decent dps, Tanky, long range hit box
    - Conq
    - Decent dps, Tanky, good hitbox, bubbles

Ranged
    - Ranger
    - Easy mode, no need to worry about latency as much. Plenty of ccs
    - Demo/necro same as ranger

Healer
    - Pom
    - Every cc in game except root, good dps.

Try one of the above class out. Since you've been playing for so long, getting geared up wouldn't be a problem for you.

Server - Fury

thanks for your input Slith & Spaarta I appreciate it.

I went with a zerka barb rolled on fury so be on the look out for the mighty " Shagginator " lol

can you guys recommend a good guild that is active in the aussie time zone?

cheers again

You should roll a ranged class with that ping.
    Kinaputten