Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Civil Open Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Point is, the majority of people think a man telling a ma to [Edit by Drest: "Paint All Your Unicorns Pink"], is [Edit by Drest: sparkly]. You might want to change your saying, unless you really are all [Edit by Drest: sparkly]].

Also, you, as in asylum/carnage/hacks and heals/etc, say it to people in your group, other group, global, so most do not percieve it as taunting, more of an attitude that exists as men wanting men to [Edit by Drest: "Paint All Your Unicorns Pink"].

Just explaining from a 3rd party perspective.
    HAHA, owned by drest!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    that actually works?...or people forget the best function and thing that funcom ever created...ignore function
    Bah i don't think it actually work. People end up annoyed by each other and start fighting only when the odds are on their side leaving when the tide turns so they "don't give those inbred flammingo-lemmings the satisfaction of killing them".

It's counter productive actually imo.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    HAHA, owned by drest!
    Yes, adults having a mature conversation on the forum of a mature rated game geting censored, hilarious...

those taunt tactics sound very childish to me, i remember when i was like 10 or 12 basicaly in puberty there was plenty of sexual taunts and weird sexual innuendos between boys, so at least here in my country i would find it typical boy behaviour in those ages to have as a taunt ill bend you over and sodomize you.

it even seems natural for humans to use anal sex as a means to establish dominance in a tribal patriarchal hierarchy.
    i distinctly remember reading about the unusual sex habits of a tribe in africa wich youger warriors would do felatio on older warriors to receive the semen as a gift to empower them as warriors.
    also in old greece the spartan pederasts and the warrior homosexuals who would die in combat with their lovers.

thing is many of those human behaviours are more cultural then genetic, and societies wich were once in the past ruled by women or where women had power roles like the celts for example, it was more natural to use male masculity directly linked to taunts.
    like "ill cut off your head and raape your wife and daughters"
    wich is still portraid in movies about european middle ages.
    men werent raped they were impaled wich is ofc very a powerfull sexual dominance taunt, or head impaled to strike fear to the enemies.

wich by the way would be awesome for aoc, when you decapitate your enemy you should be able to place his head on a stick in your guild city and its head should have the player&guild tag.

given america's substancial male prision population i guess it became some what prevalent given your current social frame that forced anal sex between men is an urban fear, it kinda reminds me of brazil it also seems prevalent urban fear to end up in prision and get sodomized by force and be someone's "Maria".

but as an european i sincerely have no real fear of jail, i dont pass my time engaging in any criminal activity and the governments in europe arent as persecutory for me to fear random encarceration.
    i did have over the years some co-workers and co-students who had either been in jail or were serving time.

only one of them scared me a bit because he had been in jail for drunken disorder and kept asking me if i was gay all the time, i am a 1.80 and that guy was over 2m, i realy didnt feel confortable with such a huge guy systematicaly asking me about my sexuality felt he was a closet case waiting to come out.

so i can accept that using anal sex as a taunt might be culturaly acceptable for you americans north & south, but to me honestly as an european i see it as something i'd expect from a 10 year old.

himelian on crom was far more criative with his taunts he was always saying hes a body builder who can crush you and wanted everyone to die an excruciating death with bone cancer .
    Last edited by -tomhet-; 27th June 2014 at 17:02.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Yes, adults having a mature conversation on the forum of a mature rated game geting censored, hilarious...
    Umm, I don't think most here are adults, given how you all talk in game to each other... The adults I know, don't talk like that to each other. So yes, OWNED!

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Umm, I don't think most here are adults, given how you all talk in game to each other... The adults I know, don't talk like that to each other. So yes, OWNED!
    Incorrect, about me at least. Your childish comments are not helping.

Since your main, and your are mainly, on crom, why do you make pestering posts on the fury forum all the time? You might as well join them with the remarks they make. I am done before you bring me down to your level.

Fin.

Incorrect, about me at least. Your childish comments are not helping.

Since your main, and your are mainly, on crom, why do you make pestering posts on the fury forum all the time? You might as well join them with the remarks they make. I am done before you bring me down to your level.

Fin.
    Who is my main on Crom? I don't think you know who I am. Its ok, given your first comment about my childish comments, its clear you are confused.

So first of all in before lock lol, I feel so bad for the mods that have to deal with this god forsaken forum :P

If you were a pvp 3 hox, that just got trashed by a pvp 10 guardian, would you rather hear: "good try, let's go again!", or "spread your azz"?

Really simple and logical.
    Secondly I completely agree with this, you have to realize that not everyone has played this game for a while. Of course the older dudes all know carnage and all have fun with s**t talking. But not every player is old.

Story time: My RL buddy who plays eve-online mostly and competitive L-O-L tried AOC once again on a pvp 3 sin that he had from the first year. He logged on joined a mini, got s**t on and farmed on the pad. Afterwards instead of helpful tips or people saying something along the lines of "Hey dude, you did fine but he's what id try to improve ______" Instead he got hate tells and "spread your a$$" in global. He quit and tells me "this game f*&king blows bro"

Yeah Funcom ran off 95% of pvpers, but the retention rate is terrible partly also due to the **** community. I'm all for s**t talking, but not everyone else is.

Back on topic:
    PVPERS Pro's- Adaptable, better movement, quicker, more competitive. Con's- Can get tunnel vision very easily and forget objectives (Because kills are the only stat that counts)
    PVE'ERS Pro's- Can take orders well, very procedural
    Con's- Movement much worse since they dont need to be on their toes for pve, not as adaptable

I've said it once and I'll say it again, PVPers make the best PVEers because of the competitive spirit to win
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Thoughts on maturity aside there is an age old adage. "The difference between the men and the boys is the size of their toys" So lets look at this from another angle. You consider taunts to be childish and maybe on some level it is but it still makes the game fun for those of us who like taking the piss out of people. Bear in mind its nothing malicious at least on my part anymore than when i call my guy friends homosexuals (f word equivalent) Its a form of bonding. On online games pissing certain people off and subsequently making them rage is entertaining. So if we get under your skin then we are already winning. Also on the topic of maturity.. you play a video game. you are not mature. accept this fact and continue to have fun. as tiberius said there is always /ignore

Some of carnage admittedly is very malicious but i am not. As i said i just enjoy taking the piss as the brits say out of you lot

I also want to state for the record i donot verbally berate players for being trash or new etc.i mostly respond to people who either cant take a joke or who condescend me initially and are usually veterans. I always offer advice to people who ask me for it.i donot solicit advice
    Last edited by Laethiel; 27th June 2014 at 17:14.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    On online games pissing certain people off and subsequently making them rage is entertaining. So if we get under your skin then we are already winning. Also on the topic of maturity.. you play a video game. you are not mature. accept this fact and continue to have fun. as tiberius said there is always /ignore
    It makes me think of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rug2I4Is7ms
    I understand it's amusing to imagine your opponent standing on his seat drooling, litteraly hammering his keyboard to send you a hate tell (and i must admit i once enjoyed it a little)... but truth is he's probably just having very mild emotions. The worse rage kid trash talkers i've ever seen where some of the calmest people i've heard on TS. Or it was friday night and they where drunk as hell.

Personnaly i'm not fond of trash talking. Most trash talkers have little imagination and struggle to renew themselves. Bundrov for examaple, his Shimpanza nonesense was fun at first... but after a year of seeing him copy paste the same three sentence on global every ten minuts it's difficult not to consider him as a Myanah 2.
    But the main reason i dislike it is it's incredibly noisy. It hijacks communication channels for something leading nowhere. It's spam.
    If trash talk was kept to a minimum i believe teamplay would be better in PuG.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast