Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Civil Open Discussion Thread

Default The Civil Open Discussion Thread

This thread is for open discussion of any topics that come to mind so as to make an effort to not derail other topics. Keep it civil so it stays open and gives those of us forum haunts something to talk about when we are unable to play.

Starting discussion. pros and cons of pve vs pvp players go.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    This thread is for open discussion of any topics that come to mind so as to make an effort to not derail other topics. Keep it civil so it stays open and gives those of us forum haunts something to talk about when we are unable to play.

Starting discussion. pros and cons of pve vs pvp players go.
    cons: pvp players QQ destroy pve.
    pros: pvp become better after funcom sort out stuff.

cons: pve players QQ destroy pvp.
    pros: pve become better after funcom sort out stuff.

I would like to talk about Americans strange fixation on same-sex buttocks.

Don't get me wrong; I like a good butt as much as the next guy, and as Dutchie I am obviously the first to say that everyone should be allowed to like and/or plow whatever they want besides animals and children ofc. I just fear for the continuation of the American race like this and want to point out that even Carnage players don't live forever, and therefore have to procreate if they plan to keep dominating premades.

Is it something about American female butts that is repelling or is it maybe some sketchy link in evolution that makes American males like hairy asses more then their female counterparts? Questions, questions.

Debate!

Wink

I think you miss the ideology behind the statement [Edit by Drest: "Paint All Your Unicorns Pink"] this does not imply we are [Edit by Drest: Fluffy] for you it is a (polite?) way to say "[Edit by Drest: Paint Your Own Unicorns]"

It is merely taunt tactics. demoralization of the enemy. Taunts have been a crucial part of every battle since the begginning of time. You demoralize your enemy then take said enemy [Edit by Drest: Out to a nice lunch]. get it?

prison [Edit by Drest: Lunch] etiquette dictates it is not [Edit by Drest: as sparkly] to be the giver only the receiver.

I also want to add it was spartan who coined this term and as most of us know he is canadian not american. as difficult as it is to fathom they are still not yet officially the 53rd state.
    Last edited by Drest; 27th June 2014 at 15:34.

I think you miss the ideology behind the statement [Edit by Drest: "Paint All Your Unicorns Pink"] this does not imply we are [Edit by Drest: Fluffy] for you it is a (polite?) way to say "[Edit by Drest: Paint Your Own Unicorns]"

It is merely taunt tactics. demoralization of the enemy. Taunts have been a crucial part of every battle since the begginning of time. You demoralize your enemy then take said enemy [Edit by Drest: Out to a nice lunch]. get it?

prison [Edit by Drest: Lunch] etiquette dictates it is not [Edit by Drest: as sparkly] to be the giver only the receiver.

I also want to add it was spartan who coined this term and as most of us know he is canadian not american. as difficult as it is to fathom they are still not yet officially the 53rd state.
    Point is, the majority of people think a man telling a ma to [Edit by Drest: "Paint All Your Unicorns Pink"], is [Edit by Drest: sparkly]. You might want to change your saying, unless you really are all [Edit by Drest: sparkly]].

Also, you, as in asylum/carnage/hacks and heals/etc, say it to people in your group, other group, global, so most do not percieve it as taunting, more of an attitude that exists as men wanting men to [Edit by Drest: "Paint All Your Unicorns Pink"].

Just explaining from a 3rd party perspective.
    Last edited by Drest; 27th June 2014 at 15:40.

At the end of the day just remember its only a game and if you take everything people say in online mmos seriously as a reflection of reality you may want to take a second look at your own priorities.

Nono, I got that part and my post was mostly just to mock. On some level however I don't understand how you can say that the statement that you will '**** someone forcefully from behind' can be interpreted in a non-sexual, non-gay way but keep at it.

I do not agree with you when you say taunts are the start of a good fight. What I do regret a lot is how values like sportsmanship and respect for your opponent seem to be completely lost to PvP. Respect not out of fear but out of the simple fact that you are 2 normal human beings playing a competition against each other both with the intention to enjoy that time.

That is why whole 'spread your ass' thing makes me a bit sad as for me it symbolizes the toxic attitude that rules PvP at its best. This attitude literally keeps dozens my in-game friends away from PvP.

They are there to have a good time, get a good fight and have a few laughs. Not to get talked down as soon as they step foot into the arena. They want to enjoy their time no matter if winning or losing. Don't mistake that for carebearness; they are continuously looking to improve, get better, and some are exceptionally skilled with their characters.

If the PvP community could change that hostile attitude into the attitude of sportsmanship that rules most mature sports in real life, I think that would be the strongest thing possible to increase (PvP) population.

PS Murica, Canada, Mehico, all the same to me.

Just to be clear we dont discriminate. girl gamers are subject to it too. While i get many mmo players disklike being taunted and are easily butthurt by words on a computer screen spoken by people they will never meet. think of it as a goad mob tactic for pvp. it works we want you to get mad and come pvp us.
    Last edited by Laethiel; 27th June 2014 at 15:54.

Just to be clear we dont discriminate. girl gamers are subject to it too. While i get many mmo players disklike being taunted and are easily butthurt by words on a computer screen spoken by people they will never meet. think of it as a goad mob tactic for pvp. it works we want you to get mad and come pvp us.
    that actually works?...or people forget the best function and thing that funcom ever created...ignore function

we want you to get mad and come pvp us.
    It has the oposite effect. I believe the majority of poeple, including myself, do not want to be bombarded with 16 year old gibberish for the entirety of our play time.

SO, people just log off, resulting in low pop. It's just not fun, period.

If you were a pvp 3 hox, that just got trashed by a pvp 10 guardian, would you rather hear: "good try, let's go again!", or "spread your azz"?

Really simple and logical.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast