Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rangers...

parsers are good to figure out how to get the most out of your class. testing builds, you can actually see what skills do how much overall dps ect. So say like you tested a feat that procs dmg, you can actually see if its worth the points or not. That's how these guys come up with the cookie cutter builds.
    Baadsar New Bear
    Badsar New Carnage Conq
    Bruhski New DT

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Care Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    outparsing is like "out dpsing". A popular method for pve players to gauge their indivudual statistics such as dps done, heals given ,etc is to use a 3rd party parsing program that collects raw data from combat logs and sums it up.

Naturally we dont use these in pvp but now im curious to try it out in some premades. Could make things interesting to see more than just who has the most kill count. especially since necro aids wins out every time no matter what you do.

As for the rest of his gibberish im presuming he means to say he can out dps anyone on fury on any of the classes he has listed in his sig. A boast if there ever was one..
    I have to ask, how can you guys possibly take it seriously (his last post)? Maybe it's because I know the guy but this still seems weird to me.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I have to ask, how can you guys possibly take it seriously (his last post)? Maybe it's because I know the guy but this still seems weird to me.
    You don't know lirial...

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    What part of his post do you refer to? If you mean his claiming to out dps anyone on those classes in his sig then no i dont take him seriously at all. But my esteemed colleague asked a question and it deserved an answer of what parsing is. Just tested out the parser in a mini. good to go imo. I dont see why it would be an issue at all mrcorp
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    We actually used to use parsers in minis. It was a fun stat. But at some point in the past, a few people made strong arguments on why the parser in pvp was not accurate or a viable measure. I don't recall the reason, and would need to dig back through the old forums... But there was a reason and I recall it being a legitimate reason.
    Wasn't it because the parse had a limited range on toons so people fighting over the other side of the map didn't get parsed?

Mind you if you are over the other side of a map in a premade something is wrong yeah....
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    Wasn't it because the parse had a limited range on toons so people fighting over the other side of the map didn't get parsed?

Mind you if you are over the other side of a map in a premade something is wrong yeah....
    no point using it in a pug then as i dont even see team mates most games

I tried it in a pug it worked well enough and the other guy is right.. if youre on the other side of the map in a premade youre doing it wrong
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post

No, that wasn't it. While it is true, and I tend to stick close to teammates as I am usually public enemy #1, they actually had a technical reason why the data would be incorrect. I need to dig up that post. It might even have been in the advocate forums or the testlive forums.

i tried my ranger, i suck ass at it lol, mostly because i refuse to use the bow.. but it was kinda fun sword an board and i got a kilL! EEE

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    i tried my ranger, i suck ass at it lol, mostly because i refuse to use the bow.. but it was kinda fun sword an board and i got a kilL! EEE
    Screenshot or it didn't happen