Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers...

Default Rangers...

I know i will probably get alot of hate for this but when is funcom going to do something about this absurdly overpowered lol kill class? They congest minigames, do nothing to help their team mates and save all their cc's for themselves and if they get focused most stay in hide all match.

The fact that rangers have a plethora of overpowered cc (instant kb trap, instant root trap, fear trap etc, line breaker etc.) and also have the most absurd spike damage from insane range is a complete joke.

My hox has 25% pvp armour and 9k hp, i did a sag yesterday and a ranger kb'ed me with line breaker, my the time i got on my feet he had critted me for over 3k with a pen shot then used TTS because my hp was at a quater and i died, so basically i was killed in 1 knockback and unable to respond or do anything, even if i had double tapped the linebreaker which i knew was coming the ranger would just run like a bitch and throw every cc they have on the ground as you attempt to chase them and dodge their invisible traps which seem to have 3x the diameter than they appear when they are placed.

Why does funcom reward players who can press 2 buttons and steal kills from good players who are in the thick of the action displaying skill? Why is it that rangers are given such absurd damage, range and some of the most overpowered cc in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    I know i will probably get alot of hate for this but when is funcom going to do something about this absurdly overpowered lol kill class? They congest minigames, do nothing to help their team mates and save all their cc's for themselves and if they get focused most stay in hide all match.

The fact that rangers have a plethora of overpowered cc (instant kb trap, instant root trap, fear trap etc, line breaker etc.) and also have the most absurd spike damage from insane range is a complete joke.

My hox has 25% pvp armour and 9k hp, i did a sag yesterday and a ranger kb'ed me with line breaker, my the time i got on my feet he had critted me for over 3k with a pen shot then used TTS because my hp was at a quater and i died, so basically i was killed in 1 knockback and unable to respond or do anything, even if i had double tapped the linebreaker which i knew was coming the ranger would just run like a bitch and throw every cc they have on the ground as you attempt to chase them and dodge their invisible traps which seem to have 3x the diameter than they appear when they are placed.

Why does funcom reward players who can press 2 buttons and steal kills from good players who are in the thick of the action displaying skill? Why is it that rangers are given such absurd damage, range and some of the most overpowered cc in the game?
    Your problem is easy to solve: role a Ranger yourself.

yep this class is broken in so many ways ^^ even in the hands of most incompetent players a ranger is just extremely dangerous.

just add how easy it is to kite a (melee-)player -you just need to sprint away in a straight line and no european will ever hit you due to latency.
    then add the crazy leech from the traps -ever finally stopped a ranger and found out that you had no mana at all to finish things off as a bs/hox?
    apart from not having to aim with ranged attacks like any 'caster' in this game -which already is extremly broken by itself- they dont even need to track their target with their torso so they can just shoot in their back.
    their dots are ludicrous, they have an evasion bubble and if all their versatility is not yet enough they can aoe stun around them..

but stay confident: they will nerf TTS in the next decade, so everything will be balanced again

Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    just add how easy it is to kite a (melee-)player -you just need to sprint away in a straight line and no european will ever hit you due to latency.
    Is fun because it's true lol.

To feel urself "more pro" just keep pressed sprint and spam spacebar....
    Before all tweaks and class balance, Funcom must put a limit on "bunny jumping" rlly :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugs_Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    yep this class is broken in so many ways ^^ even in the hands of most incompetent players a ranger is just extremely dangerous.

then add the crazy leech from the traps -ever finally stopped a ranger and found out that you had no mana at all to finish things off as a bs/hox?
    apart from not having to aim with ranged attacks like any 'caster' in this game -which already is extremly broken by itself- they dont even need to track their target with their torso so they can just shoot in their back.
    their dots are ludicrous, they have an evasion bubble and if all their versatility is not yet enough they can aoe stun around them..

but stay confident: they will nerf TTS in the next decade, so everything will be balanced again
    I am quite a good player even though my latency ranges from 300-400 with the occasional red line, if someone is running i actually need to run in front of them and aim the combo in this air to have a chance of hitting them.

Rangers can easily kite any melee if they have any modicum of skill. But i really dont think changing TTS will solve the insane balance issues with this class. For one advantage bleeding punture with rending strikes (am i right?) does considerably more damage than almost any other bleed in the game bar a couple such as bloodbath etc. The bleed a ranger can place on my can easily take half of my health pool, at least conqs need to get in close to land their bleed, rangers can just lol it from an absurd range.

rangers have

1.) medium armour which is absurd
    2.) one of the most OP bleeds in the game
    3.) the most overpowered and easily exexuted cc's in the game
    4.) lol no skill abilities like TTS which steal kills
    5.) they can stagger you with a bow from range which is plain retarded
    6.) Absurd evade bubble which seems broken and seems to grant total immunity
    7.) a ranged kb (line breaker)which can remove a third of your hp in conjunction with putting you on your ass
    8.) aim bot built into the class so they can shoot people when they can shoot people they have their backs to.
    9.) Absurd mana drain which seems to drain you entire mana pool in no time

Please feel free to add to the list

dont get me wrong necros who pad weave and barbs who use decap and ATG and demos who run in and detonate - waves of flames are almost equally as bad.

rangers have

1.) medium armour which is absurd
    2.) one of the most OP bleeds in the game
    3.) the most overpowered and easily exexuted cc's in the game
    4.) lol no skill abilities like TTS which steal kills
    5.) they can stagger you with a bow from range which is plain retarded
    6.) Absurd evade bubble which seems broken and seems to grant total immunity
    7.) a ranged kb (line breaker)which can remove a third of your hp in conjunction with putting you on your ass
    8.) aim bot built into the class so they can shoot people when they can shoot people they have their backs to.
    9.) Absurd mana drain which seems to drain you entire mana pool in no time
    10. fear trap (see 1. post)

Sounds like most players regardless of what class they play these days...

But with the nerf TTS is going to get if QQ hasn't made funcom back down (TTS limited to 5m range) they'll just have to slightly nerf the bleed to make the class less OP.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Ranger was fine the way it was before with combo steps. Why the dumbing down? No one ever understood. Same with assassin class.

Yeah or Conq's Burst of Aggression. Random changes that pretty much no one ever liked lol
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I don't care about ranger, only the ones with exhausting traps qq. That shitt is so dumb, to be in a mini and never have mana. Other than that, just los as soon as you hear arrows hitting your butt for a few seconds then pop back out after you lost agro lol.
    Last edited by Baasar; 23rd June 2014 at 18:44.
    Baadsar New Bear
    Badsar New Carnage Conq
    Bruhski New DT

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Care Bear

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast