Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by Bendowill View Post
    This comment is not valid, because I played my shaman like everyone and started with pvp 1, sh!t gear and sh!t AA, muti spec'ed since pvp 5 you can say. You are more than competitive already once you have pvp t1 and weap- it was already like this before pvp gear patch but now the gap between pvp t1 - t2 is even smaller.
    That isn't a valid response. because you are not pvp 5 right now, im talking about at the moment. We have no evidence of you being supportive with dps spec back when you're pvp 1-5 maybe that's 3-4 years ago.

Trust me there is still a huge difference between pvp 1-5 and pvp 8-10. I honestly don't even understand it. When comparing pure statistics it only seem so marginal. However when real pvp happens, the difference is huge. Im sure many have noticed this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaartacus View Post
    That isn't a valid response. because you are not pvp 5 right now, im talking about at the moment. We have no evidence of you being supportive with dps spec back when you're pvp 1-5 maybe that's 3-4 years ago.

Trust me there is still a huge difference between pvp 1-5 and pvp 8-10. I honestly don't even understand it. When comparing pure statistics it only seem so marginal. However when real pvp happens, the difference is huge. Im sure many have noticed this too.
    Actually about a year ago or even less I was still hanging around on r5 or something :P
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Its supportive because you are on a pvp 10 bearshaman with a T3 crafted probably maxed AAs and all the right combination of best gear possible for survival and dps. Of course it is easy for you to say "oh yea dps spec is also good for support" Do this on a pvp 3-5 bear shaman and watch you get melted in seconds.
    It's not totally true.
    I have 2 BSs, one is PvP 10 with all stuff as you described, the other is PvP 3 with next to no AA and T1 set bought from store.

It's more a matter of getting used to a different gameplay that the feat impose you, than the feat itself.

The extra survivability that the bubble grants is pretty limited in the end, and used properly BS bubble is not just a survivability tool, but an offensive one aswell.

Anyway, when I started my first BS I used aswell IH build till PvP 6-7, and started experimenting Muti/Bewilder builds only later.

At the start and for some time Muti was a pain, and I considered it way less supportive than IH.

Once you get used to it it's a totally different story.
    If you just stand still, no 6sec bubble can save you.

On the little new BS now I use the same Muti build, but it feels completely different compared to when I started first BS.
    Of course I don't get same kills and I take more damage because of gear / AA gap, but it works.

I'm not saying that Muti is better than IH, just that the ideas that IH build is way more sturdy, and that Muti build is selfish, are mostly preconcepts.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Last char I rolled recently is sin, and I didn't feel all that handicap with PvP T1 gear.

Imo the only true gaps now are AA and ping.
    Many EUs have next to 200 ms ping (me too often).
    Good luck playing sin versus good kiter with that ping.

You are a bit overrating gear gap imho.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Last char I rolled recently is sin, and I didn't feel all that handicap with PvP T1 gear.
    Try low level barb

Sin, while still massively dependent on gear as everyone, gains a decent burst comparatively earlier due to the nature of the class. This means at low levels you'll still die a lot but you can at least get a few kills here and there.

Also, PvP T1 is either cash shop or level 4. Without money you still need to wade through levels 0-3

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    Try low level barb

Sin, while still massively dependent on gear as everyone, gains a decent burst comparatively earlier due to the nature of the class. This means at low levels you'll still die a lot but you can at least get a few kills here and there.

Also, PvP T1 is either cash shop or level 4. Without money you still need to wade through levels 0-3
    I didn't buy shop gear for my sin.
    I died a bit more on kithai gear till lvl 4, but was fine aswell.

It's my opinion anyway, gear gap PvP T1-T3 is not that much now, and especially about survivability (what's defference? Mostly a bit of armor and constitution, like 400 HP or so).

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    I didn't buy shop gear for my sin.
    I died a bit more on kithai gear till lvl 4, but was fine aswell.

It's my opinion anyway, gear gap PvP T1-T3 is not that much now, and especially about survivability (what's defference? Mostly a bit of armor and constitution, like 400 HP or so).
    Yapp, just for example on Fury there is the sin Kratesis (low rank sin of Stabbie if I'm not wrong) and he is already ruling or at least very deadly with his pvp t1 gear, or Xander on his pvp tier 1 geared HOX who often top kills. In my opinion the gap between pvp t1 - t3 is really not that much anymore and doesn't have an impact as everyone says, your playstyle has much more weigh- but that's just my opinion and I could be wrong. What I find funny is the trolls of guys like Marione who think with r10 you are in godmode. I wonder what they will say once they reach r10 and see not so much has changed (by the way esp. on Ranger it's funny where you could be r1 with snake tongue and already face roll nearly everything^^).
    Last edited by Bendowill; 26th June 2014 at 08:51.
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

That's more AA than anything though, the only big difference between any of the armor sets is Critigation, with constitution, protection, and damage being marginal between t1-t3 sets. You do get a decent boost in critical rating with full t3 as opposed to full t1, but ultimately a pvp 10 should have much more AA than a pvp 5, which makes an incredible difference.

Also, the base damage on t3 pvp weapons is huge for melees, and there is a big difference here between t1-t3. On casters, it's hardly noticeable as only magic damage matters.
    Doomsayer 2008

well the reason almost no one likes you carnagers is because you are highly arrogant and trolling all time but i guess its rather provocation and shouldnt be taken too seriously .
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Oh to the guy that always complain about someone killing a kdwhore, I should just stop attacking players. sit afk in flag room like most eu players.
    Reading this i only can say: "Shut up bitch!"

peoples who are doing atleast one of this worth the KDwhore title:
    -resspad gank,instead of wining the mini, while their team is outnumbered
    -complaining after dying more then 3times then going to hide in a corner or leave
    -(Tanks only)not taking the flag, just chasing kills and let the team loose

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast