Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: alt/Pug premade tournaments

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    I have to admit, I even tried google translating what you said, I knew there was some secret in that post. Sorry I missed it. If its the hard mode, I figured that would go without saying... But I assume it was more.

See you in game.
    lol...no offense but you are a no brainer and u missed the point...but here it goes:

no matter if you are a pvper or pve player....you will either wipe or not...depending on the players.So stating that this or that player do better because he is a pvper is invalid. And about the things "dying faster" when is with pvpers in hms or any pve stuff...is invalid aswell...cause either pvpers will die in 5 secs duo to lack of exp or brain or kill fast as you said and the same happens to pve players....if exp+brain=sucess if no exp+brain=no sucess....if no exp but brain=50% of learning and doing good for the first time... peace

PS: i can't see u in game...you play on fury...in the other hand i could easily see u in game...since fury is mostly empty

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    You can if you are american,americans always spend tons of dollars to buy store pots ROFL and i mean each week.Ofc i don't mean all do this,cause some EU peeps do it aswell,but americans are just more well known for this kind of stuff...example is WoW and ESO loool
    American here. Dont know any Americans who would bother to do this on fury
    Perhaps this phenomenon is limited to crum.

Not all pvpers make great pve'ers this is true. it is like apples and oranges between pvp and pve. Ive seen alot of pvpers do terrible in simple things like 6 mans simply because they cant follow directions on cue or have their effects off etc etc.

two different animals. some people excel in one or the other some excel in both.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    American here. Dont know any Americans who would bother to do this on fury
    Perhaps this phenomenon is limited to crum.

Not all pvpers make great pve'ers this is true. it is like apples and oranges between pvp and pve. Ive seen alot of pvpers do terrible in simple things like 6 mans simply because they cant follow directions on cue or have their effects off etc etc.

two different animals. some people excel in one or the other some excel in both.
    Yeh probably crom thingy

Quote Originally Posted by iCannon View Post
    The best pve players are the best pvp players.
    its implicit that you wrote that meaning it reversed :P still lol'd a bit at that.

pvp'ers as in players who pvpvery frequently tend to have stronger personalities and be more likely to generate conflicts about just about everything.
    also they tend to be more versatile and flexible and be quicker to react and adapt in time to not wipe in pve.
    also they tend to be more loyal to a main class and know it with depth.
    when they play melee chars a lot tend to not realy even know that you need to adjust combos to shields positions.
    generaly unreliable to fill a guild raid, and unreliable to have a spec with optimal pve feats.

pve'rs tend to be less likely to generate conflicts of any type apart from "i want my loot", they are more inclined to get bored easy and not have a main character, they swap alts more frequently and tend never fully master any class, they view dps as only factor wich is relevant so they get amnesiac on how often they die and fail for inumerous reasons wich they never bother to correct or even recognize as a problem.
    most refuse to react or adapt and rather wipe or fully avoid content rather then adapt and self improve.
    very reliable to fill a guild raid but with greedy intents and with optimal dps only specs.

i see as exceptions players who arent like that, fortunatly every guild i know has those exception players else they wouldnt still be raiding.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

It does not escape my attention that this thread is being derailed so lets move this discussion elsewhere
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    lol...no offense but you are a no brainer and u missed the point...but here it goes:

no matter if you are a pvper or pve player....you will either wipe or not...depending on the players.So stating that this or that player do better because he is a pvper is invalid. And about the things "dying faster" when is with pvpers in hms or any pve stuff...is invalid aswell...cause either pvpers will die in 5 secs duo to lack of exp or brain or kill fast as you said and the same happens to pve players....if exp+brain=sucess if no exp+brain=no sucess....if no exp but brain=50% of learning and doing good for the first time... peace

PS: i can't see u in game...you play on fury...in the other hand i could easily see u in game...since fury is mostly empty
    The point was, I raided twice a week, like most. IN a guild that prided themselves with PVE, it took 2 hours to do a wing. Then in Carnage, we did a raid I think twice when I was in. Carnage did the same wing in under 30 minutes or so. So based on my experience, pvpers did better than pvers.

The reason I noticed was this... The PVE crew took 10 minutes to set up, explain all the rules, make sure every member knew their role and when they were going to do what they do. Also to answer questions to the new less experienced PVErs. Finally, a review of DKP would usually ensue while discussing what could potentially drop. some times followed up with a joke about popping pets...

on the PVP side, it was like 10 guys trying to start, and going in vent "****, everyone get in here and kick this things ass". In which everyone went in, and all at once DPSed the hell out of everything that got in the way. There was no strategy, no serious talk, just straight up kick the **** out of everything that moved, and we killed wing 2 before anything could kill us. It was a race of sorts, if you will.

Granted I simplified and edited a little for comedy content, as we say in America, but for the most part, that is my experiences with it. Disagree if you like, I have actually done it.

I do play on the other server, look for a pvp 3 or so tos that looks as lost as I do on my server.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011