Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: End pug-only minis now!

Post End pug-only minis or find a better balance, I agree

So I seen this posted by Mr. Syd
    I don't agree to some the things Syd always does.

But this is understandable in all ways.

1. I would personally wish funcom would removed the Porters and cheaters and hackers 1st. I seen many since the Merge and my person opinion on the euro community. Nice way to cheat yourself in a game.

2. Pvp T1 gear needs to be option by payment and taken down to pvp 0, 1, 2. Not pvp 4. If you have to wait to pvp 4 to get gear might as well just but tier 2.

3. I agree with syds thread posting How teams are just trash balanced.. Or Seeing someone sit on a pad. More and Likely just a person duel boxing and gimping the other team. There for It time for Vote kicking.

4. Minis need division now. 1-5 and 5-10. This way we don't get
    Yet, t4 gear needs to be programed and marked at pvp10. So if system detects someone in t4 gear. 1. it puts in a a 5-10 match.
    2. If you goto switch gear to t4 it binds the gear you have on. Or just out right kicks you out.

((This pug-only nonsense has gone on far too long and it needs to end soon. Mini games are almost unplayable because of all the baddies and crusty players that sign up for them. It makes no sense to divide teams up the way the current system works. How can anyone honestly defend pug-only mini games? How is a system that is based purely on luck fair in anyway? The way minis work now is that you are either lucky and get on a good team, or you get unlucky and and get stuck on a sh1tty team. how is this balanced or fair? Ending pug only minis is not about farming pugs for an easy win, this is a red herring argument by people who fear competition, we simply want to control who we play WITH.

The way minis are today:

-Teams are imbalanced or stacked. The random queue often gives one team all the healers and gives the other team nothing. Most minis games today are hopelessly stacked and end before they even begin.

-A safe haven for baddies. Bad players cannot be held accountable in anyway for being bad or acting in a way that hurts their team. Bad players know that they can join minis and play however they want and that there's really nothing anyone can do about it because they can't be replaced.

- It sets the bar low. The quality of minis has never been worse and keeps getting worse. Pug only minis encourage people to play like lone wolves, completely ignoring the needs of their team mates. In a game that was built from the ground up around teamwork and grouping, this means ever decreasing quality.

- A way to grief. Griefers will use the pug-only queue to punish players they dislike by deliberately playing like sh1t or simply going AFK to sabotage their own team because they know that they can get away with it.

Who really wants to put up with this? pug-only minis have got to go.

What I want to see is a return to a full grouping system that rewards teamwork and gives players an incentive to group up and compete. I want players to be able to control who plays on their team.
    This is not about pug bashing, this is about getting heals when they're needed, about getting a zerg of baddies CC'd off me when needed, about people focusing targets and finishing off a player at 10% HP before he gets away, this is about giving players a fighting chance, it's about fairness...

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!

Also, to show your support for fixing mini game so you can play with your friends and guildies, add "END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!" to your sig. SUPPORT THE CAUSE FOR BETTER MINIS!))

Trolling My Thread post will result in being reported if I feel that you are trolling. So keep it clean.
    Last edited by Kellisia; 17th June 2014 at 21:37.

If I read this right, and I hope I have, you want to remove pug minis and go to premades only?

What I want to see is a return to a full grouping system
    END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!
    If this is the case, I would say I prefer pug minis because I am not in a guild of 40, and like the challenge. If I were to go against a carnage premade, I would get destroyed every time. and that's just not fun. Been there and done that.

there is a premade vs premade option available all the time. I dont see why this is hard to understand

if the current population does not support premade vs premade what makes you think it will support ending pug minis?

As much as I hate pugging minis its a double edged sword.

Ending pug minis will kill off the last remaining minis
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    If I read this right, and I hope I have, you want to remove pug minis and go to premades only?

If this is the case, I would say I prefer pug minis because I am not in a guild of 40, and like the challenge. If I were to go against a carnage premade, I would get destroyed every time. and that's just not fun. Been there and done that.

What about divisions?

1-5
    and
    6-10?

But the question here is will funcom be able to program t4 out of pvp 1-5 games.

I feel that syd just is seeking better balancing system.

If we cant get divisions, the devs need to figure out how to balance class and levels. This way Not so many 10 gets on one team. But the flaw here, is people also might wait till the mini An if the other teams filled and they are short they can stage the mini. This making it unbalanced any how. Or it could work the other way around.

My push for Division by levels in pvp. this will give the new comers to game a chance. But many have the argument of t4 gear.
    Who knows, maybe funcom should just restrict mini games to pvp gear only?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellisia View Post
    What about divisions?

1-5
    and
    6-10?

But the question here is will funcom be able to program t4 out of pvp 1-5 games.

I feel that syd just is seeking better balancing system.

If we cant get divisions, the devs need to figure out how to balance class and levels. This way Not so many 10 gets on one team. But the flaw here, is people also might wait till the mini An if the other teams filled and they are short they can stage the mini. This making it unbalanced any how. Or it could work the other way around.

My push for Division by levels in pvp. this will give the new comers to game a chance. But many have the argument of t4 gear.
    Who knows, maybe funcom should just restrict mini games to pvp gear only?
    I don't think divisions is the answer either. Unfortunatly, I think the answer is marketing and advertisement to get players to return.

The higher you go in PVP, the less players you have. If balancing you mean pvp level balancing, I don't think that will help either. For example, I saw this guy, ustank, last night on a pvp 8 guard? He was terrible. He would have done better if the entire other team was all pvp 1 and 2 so he could try to one shot them.

We really need a system that balances based on skill level, but that will never happen.

There just isn't enough players to divide anymore IMO. We barely had 20 pvping in minis last night. I bet half were 5 and higher and the other half 4 and lower. This division proposal would have meant no pvp minis at all. That would not make me happy.

Mrcorp, lets not mention players names in the thread. So if you don't mind can you removed those name you stated.

You cannot divide the mini ques by levels. There just isn't the population to do so. It would be nice if you could sign up with even just 1 friend but if those 2 decide to just farm a pad or play chase the noob you will end up with even less minis after awhile or people complaining because they aren't getting their tokens lol

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    I don't think divisions is the answer either. Unfortunatly, I think the answer is marketing and advertisement to get players to return.

The higher you go in PVP, the less players you have. If balancing you mean pvp level balancing, I don't think that will help either. For example, I saw this guy, ustank, last night on a pvp 8 guard? He was terrible. He would have done better if the entire other team was all pvp 1 and 2 so he could try to one shot them.

We really need a system that balances based on skill level, but that will never happen.

There just isn't enough players to divide anymore IMO. We barely had 20 pvping in minis last night. I bet half were 5 and higher and the other half 4 and lower. This division proposal would have meant no pvp minis at all. That would not make me happy.
    If they would just make t1 pvp gear free with no requirement and keep t2 and t3 where it is it would fine. They could always make a t1.5 and fill where the t1 requirements were. There's very little difference b/t t1-t3 pvp armor, accessories, and weapons, other than the base dps of melee weapons and the choice of accessories at pvp 7+.

Really much of the deciding factor is AA, so that's more a time/grind issue than gear. Maybe they should double the AA gained while you are leveling...
    Doomsayer 2008

From where i stand, most of the players i hear whining against PUGs minis are the ones who can't take care of themselves and need a team dedicated to carrying them.

PuGs show exactly that, who can take care of oneself and who can't, then stand on the rezpad whining about no heal no support no cookies.

Truth is, those trash teams do not happen that often. In my experience, 1 mini out of 5 is really weird in terms of balance, but most of the time, it's mainly OK.
    And also, in most minis, there is support, as long as one does not act stupidly, like for instance that ranger i had in my team when playing my lvl 0 tos.

That dude did not pay attention nor bother that i had 2 high lvl sins on me 24/7, he just complained about no heal, then after 1 death went into hide on the rezpad and spent the entire mini insulting everyone in the team, claiming we were ****, that the team was trash, etc.

My point is that, the most vocal people whining about PuGs are very often the very ones who have no clue about team play and that no premade would take in because they're trash players.
    They bring nothing to the table and expect their team to support them 24/7 no matter what, without being themselves able nor fancy to support anyone.

Bottom line, those threads about trash PuGs are retarded, they do not reflect any actual trend, are vastly exaggerated, are the result of the need to vent some punctual frustration (after having been steamrolled usually) and end up being counter productive for the game community in general and PvP specifically.
    I don't even comprehend why they're not locked immediately. They always end up in flaming, with some wannabe pro trying to show off how awesome they, which is exactly the reason why they need their pocket healer to perform, duh ^^ retarded.

I don't think it is linked to being "thrash" or "bad" in a term of "not good".
    What Mellaus describes is more the behaviour of socially challenged people, who are too overconfident, selfish and arrogant for their own good or elitist players who think they have the right to boss other players around. This can be a pvp10 t4 geared guard or a pvp0 killwhore ranger.
    Can also be someone who means it well with orders, but in a pug, people do not know you, so it can easily be misunderstood, especially combined with (maybe friendly) used insults and bad spelling.

PuGs have their own charm, just don't expect them ever to be similar to league like e-sports, because they will (and should) never be like that. If you see them as ground, where you either take care of yourself or find friends, this is a right step. Just like an extra challenge (you need more situational awareness, flexibility and patience), but a different one from premade vs premade.

THat said, it is a pity tournament mode is not used, but i doubt it is because people don't want premade vs premade mostly. It is damn hard to organize, bugged and not very user friendly and unrewarding compared to the alternative.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 18th June 2014 at 07:57.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast