Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad experience buying subscription

Welcome to Funcom! For newcomers this really is a cool game. Not so much for Veterans though since content is released at a glacial pace. BUt still plenty to do for a new fellow.

As far as account based stuff, you just have to get pass Funcom customer service first. Funcom has NEVER been fully clear, in English anyway, on how to buy stuff, pay for stuff, find stuff to buy, and even then it isn't always fully clear what you are getting.
    It's a repeat theme with Funcom customers about complaints in payment and account troubles. I've been doped a few times myself by Funcom. That will never happen again unless I bump my head really hard and go stupid, or more stupid than I already am.

Maybe someone should write a guide that can be stickied?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Vishoek View Post
    Ok I download the game and want to create my character. Since I am always a mage I cannot make a mage due to not being subscribed.
    Wait what the heck ? I'm (or was) pretty sure all class are f2p and that you can play a mage without being subscribed.

Also, you can change everything during your character customization, and can make a Stygian very whitish if you want (even if that sounds silly to me, but why not)
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

UPDATE: Seems they have updated the f2p terms: http://www.ageofconan.com/playfree

________

(out of date link & info removed)

Demo is a Mage, so you can indeed play the mage for nothing. I suspect they have opened this up even more, but I don't really pay attention to the f2p terms. That might need updating and made sticky.

As for Khitai, it's one time purchase plus a sub to keep accessing it - including AA, etc. Turan is one time purchase, but can play subbed or unsubbed (Think that's right yeah?). Dragon Spine I can't remember - was that a free update or purchase?

As for payment, never had an issue, but as noted, pay for one thing, then delete the payment method if you're really concerned. You can always re-add it next time you need to pay for something.
    Last edited by MashMash; 17th June 2014 at 23:17. Reason: out of date info removed and updated info added.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    [
    Dragon Spine I can't remember - was that a free update or purchase?

Dragon Spine is for subscribers only, you dont have to buy it, just being subscribed is enough.

Regarding F2P system, all classes are available now.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Not sure it's up to date (I have always subbed), but they already have a guide: https://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=166952
    Better not use outdated forumposts.
    This is current official page: http://www.ageofconan.com/playfree
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

lol, where to begin with the OP. It's like you consider online transactions as some kind of witch craft. Get used to it, it's the way everything is going.

If any reputable company started taking money from their customers accounts that they were not supposed to take their reputation and business would be in tatters. So stop worrying about direct debits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    lol, where to begin with the OP. It's like you consider online transactions as some kind of witch craft. Get used to it, it's the way everything is going.

If any reputable company started taking money from their customers accounts that they were not supposed to take their reputation and business would be in tatters. So stop worrying about direct debits.
    Well considering he hasn't posted since that first OP, he obviously doesn't care. :/
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12