Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: fresh 80 to pvp

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Yes I did, you forget, we were in the same guild like 10 times, on 3 different servers... You even asked for build help...
    nope, i was in your guild once, you was in my guild 9x.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    nope, i was in your guild once, you was in my guild 9x.
    Short term memory comes with old computer parts I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Geld, you already played a hox. If you start a hox, I consider this a joke. Make a class you really haven't played, like a tos. Otherwise, why waste our time.
    I think a test like this is not relevant at all. Just like the topic Delred made a while back about how he did fine on his fresh HoX. Both him and Geldour are extremely experienced PvPers and their sheer knowledge of PvP in general will make them do much better then a real starting player.
    It is the same when I as experienced PvEer started my new guard and then compare myself to puggers in K6 HMs. I had the huge advantages of knowing some of the best PvE guards on the server to get builds and rotations from and the knowledge of how to tank on high level with both conq and DT. Within a few hours I do better then most people in pugs. It is even more irrelevant because you have already played a HoX in PvP before.

If you really want to know how a new HoX experiences PvP: last month I started as a fresh HoX in PvP. I never pvped more then 20 friendly guild minies in the 3 years before that. I had some basic Khitai blues and purples and 1 or 2 points in the most important AAs. I can tell you; it is very painful and demotivating as hell for a new player. When I see lame fotm PvP classes as conq/ranger/necro only focusing me as easy target it is beyond frustrating.

I managed to get into a mindset where the little wins were worth all that (the good feeling my first mini I went positive ), but If I was not already hooked on this game due to its PvE I would have given up and uninstalled.

I got kicked down more then I like to admit and went as negative as 1:4 K/D every now and then. I have been doing several minigames every day for about 4 weeks now and reached PvP4 where it got slightly better.

In a good mini when I get proper support from my team and mostly my healer I now manage to break even or even have a slightly positive K/D. Without that I still go very negative.

This is my story of how I got into PvP, I imagine it will be even more harsh for a player that is really new to the game. I probably could have had a better experience if I started on a T4 DT/Conq/Barb but I wanted to know what starting in PvP really felt like.

Now you go ahead Geldour; roll a HoX just to come back a few days later telling everyone how awesome it was and how much you killed. Just realize your experiences can not be translated to the average player.

these screen shots..... 290-0 lol. Come on man, even ive went like 20-0 on bubble spec bs. Try it with like Chance and Spartan chasing you around all game. Or at least some that knows how to play :P
    Baadsar New Bear
    Badsar New Carnage Conq
    Bruhski New DT

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Care Bear

meh your right, this is just a waste of time. people cry regardless and have 1000 reasons why they lost.

meh your right, this is just a waste of time. people cry regardless and have 1000 reasons why they lost.
    Sorry you feel that way.
    You made the topic with this name however but you are neither a fresh 80 or fresh to PvP.

As interesting as it could be to read about your experiences, how can you compare yourself to someone fresh to PvP or fresh to 80?

Idk, do it for fun. You made a hox then? what lvl?
    Baadsar New Bear
    Badsar New Carnage Conq
    Bruhski New DT

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Care Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Baasar View Post
    Idk, do it for fun. You made a hox then? what lvl?
    its lvl 16

its lvl 16
    Make anatu pl you. I wanna come on my 39 barb .
    Baadsar New Bear
    Badsar New Carnage Conq
    Bruhski New DT

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Care Bear

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast