Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ritual of the Lich Question.

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    its not 80 and doesnt have aa's.
    OP's post :
    I have a level 80 Necro.
    He does have a lvl80 necro. It's just without AA.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    OP's post :

He does have a lvl80 necro. It's just without AA.
    Yeah I do have a level 80. Logged in for the first time in about 6 years today...trying to figure out my feats.
    After reading Tomhet's guide he made in August of last year seems that the thing I liked about the necro are useless now.
    Anyone else have differing opinions or concur with his thoughts?

You can't go very wrong with a Necro no matter what you do. Just dont use:

Gelid Bones
    Grip of Death
    Parasitic Soul Swarm
    Blizzard
    Curse of Pain

Above spells are not worth feating or spending time on casting compared to other spells.

Without AA's you wont have Chilling Breath or Supreme Lich (it does not take long to get AA's if you do 5-6 instances per day with mastery xp bonus potions). Go for the regular dps builds with alternatives

caster pets: http://goo.gl/7XmH1V
    melee pets: http://goo.gl/zx9iZO (last point wherever you'd like)

You get most dps from keeping Flesh to Worms and Mark of the Devourer up, and keep casting Pestilential Blast and Chill. It is also most mana hungry. Find the balance of how many Ice Strikes you have to fill with in between to not have severe mana problems. If you have Death God up, use Cannibalism at every cooldown.

Remember to use Blasphemous Ruin (buffing pets), Gangrenous Stench (debuffing, damage), Lifestrike (debuffing, drains) and of course your crowd control spells.

Tome of Epithur is a very nice tool as well, and when that is up, is the only circumstance where Blizzard is a good spell to cast, it will AoE stun everything. Ice Strikes will stun your target. The magic damage bonus is also buffed to all your group members.

Khalehotep has a nice guide as well under Necromancer subforum. If you cant access that while being F2P, I can pdf it and mail it to you if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Akard View Post
    Yeah I do have a level 80. Logged in for the first time in about 6 years today...trying to figure out my feats.
    After reading Tomhet's guide he made in August of last year seems that the thing I liked about the necro are useless now.
    Anyone else have differing opinions or concur with his thoughts?
    they removed getting multiple frozen hatreds, now you get only one.
    grip of death is a joke now.
    they removed army of the dead the most charismatic spell necros ever had...
    shatter underperforms especialy after they removed the dot from gelid bones.
    gelid bones is utter shiit after removal of dot.
    feat points are still a mess and you have nightfall feats in reanimation and pet feats in nightfall.
    some spells are still utter ********, namely life leech, parasitic soul swarm, deathly blizzard.
    most feats still arent worth feating, given having a naked feat tree and fully feated build doesnt realy afect you as much as you would have hoped.
    a lot of feats either dont work or underperform.
    the drasticaly low base spell damage coeficients are still there, so as much magic damage as you get you only realy get noticeable improvement by stacking crit rating+crit damage(or inteligence stacking for synergy aa feat will of sublime)
    same issues from start of game are still there, while something got improved a lot never got touched at all.
    game breaking bugs are still there and no hope of getting them fixed ever, namely pets dying randomly while spellweaving, autocooldown on ftw when someone else casts it...
    class will not receive a revamp ever and the whole theme of asking for revamp to broken feats/spells/class is nothing but a bait for trolling and flaming.
    this was my last ever attempt to get class fixed
    http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...1&postcount=11
    http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...2&postcount=12

reply from developer is as follows:

Yeah the necro really has some bad feats .
    It's unlikely we'll be able to do everything in 1 go as we just don't have the resources for a full scale revamp at this time rather its more likely to be a gradual process covering several patches.
    so maybe in another 5 years necro can finaly be a normal class with working feats, it will not happen anytime soon.

shax builds dont have anything wrong they work, problem is you could entirely skip those feats and go naked and still perform adquately.

so my best advise to you roll a new character subscribe so you get aa's, buy kithai so you get aa's+all of kithai adventure zones(including gateway of kithai lvl20-38ish) is great content for when you hit lvl80 and for gateway starter zone.
    you have literaly years of content totaly worth your money.

as for necro you can forget it like funcom has for years, roll a melee, my choice bearshaman very fun enticing dynamic and rewardingly enjoyable class to play in all aspects of game, but then again most melees are fun to play.
    have fun.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    You can't go very wrong with a Necro no matter what you do. Just dont use:

Gelid Bones
    Grip of Death
    Parasitic Soul Swarm
    Blizzard
    Curse of Pain

Above spells are not worth feating or spending time on casting compared to other spells.

Without AA's you wont have Chilling Breath or Supreme Lich (it does not take long to get AA's if you do 5-6 instances per day with mastery xp bonus potions). Go for the regular dps builds with alternatives

caster pets: http://goo.gl/7XmH1V
    melee pets: http://goo.gl/zx9iZO (last point wherever you'd like)

You get most dps from keeping Flesh to Worms and Mark of the Devourer up, and keep casting Pestilential Blast and Chill. It is also most mana hungry. Find the balance of how many Ice Strikes you have to fill with in between to not have severe mana problems. If you have Death God up, use Cannibalism at every cooldown.

Remember to use Blasphemous Ruin (buffing pets), Gangrenous Stench (debuffing, damage), Lifestrike (debuffing, drains) and of course your crowd control spells.

Tome of Epithur is a very nice tool as well, and when that is up, is the only circumstance where Blizzard is a good spell to cast, it will AoE stun everything. Ice Strikes will stun your target. The magic damage bonus is also buffed to all your group members.

Khalehotep has a nice guide as well under Necromancer subforum. If you cant access that while being F2P, I can pdf it and mail it to you if interested.

Thanks for the tips. GoD and BLizzard were spells I enjoyed when the game first released. Shame they are useless now for the most part.

I am able to view the sub forum just can't post cause im on a f2p acc hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    they removed getting multiple frozen hatreds, now you get only one.
    grip of death is a joke now.
    they removed army of the dead the most charismatic spell necros ever had...
    shatter underperforms especialy after they removed the dot from gelid bones.
    gelid bones is utter shiit after removal of dot.
    feat points are still a mess and you have nightfall feats in reanimation and pet feats in nightfall.
    some spells are still utter ********, namely life leech, parasitic soul swarm, deathly blizzard.
    most feats still arent worth feating, given having a naked feat tree and fully feated build doesnt realy afect you as much as you would have hoped.
    a lot of feats either dont work or underperform.
    the drasticaly low base spell damage coeficients are still there, so as much magic damage as you get you only realy get noticeable improvement by stacking crit rating+crit damage(or inteligence stacking for synergy aa feat will of sublime)
    same issues from start of game are still there, while something got improved a lot never got touched at all.
    game breaking bugs are still there and no hope of getting them fixed ever, namely pets dying randomly while spellweaving, autocooldown on ftw when someone else casts it...
    class will not receive a revamp ever and the whole theme of asking for revamp to broken feats/spells/class is nothing but a bait for trolling and flaming.
    this was my last ever attempt to get class fixed
    http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...1&postcount=11
    http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...2&postcount=12

reply from developer is as follows:

so maybe in another 5 years necro can finaly be a normal class with working feats, it will not happen anytime soon.

shax builds dont have anything wrong they work, problem is you could entirely skip those feats and go naked and still perform adquately.

so my best advise to you roll a new character subscribe so you get aa's, buy kithai so you get aa's+all of kithai adventure zones(including gateway of kithai lvl20-38ish) is great content for when you hit lvl80 and for gateway starter zone.
    you have literaly years of content totaly worth your money.

as for necro you can forget it like funcom has for years, roll a melee, my choice bearshaman very fun enticing dynamic and rewardingly enjoyable class to play in all aspects of game, but then again most melees are fun to play.
    have fun.
    Shame...but I guess I am not to surprised. After players removed the wool their eyes after past 20 and getting to 80 was the nail in the coffin. People left in droves. The game had to go to f2p to survive so makes sense their resources were cut drastically...
    Last edited by Akard; 13th June 2014 at 13:17.

Necros are near perfect caster class for pve imo. Melee pets for solo play when you need some help tanking and fearing. Caster pets for raids and aoes. Great dps without much work. Just an easy class to play. There are some synergies with what pets for this fight or that and some other things but that comes with practice.
    Also ppl saying blizzed is a waste well i dissagree. If your new to raiding and or enjoy t1s its very handy. Also since we now can have multiple specs there is no reason not to have a blizzrd/shatter spec. Ya you wont use it much but its handy.
    Dont delete your necro. Try some new specs specially a caster dps spec learn a spell rotation and get your AA and gear and sit and back and go holy **** at the dps you do.
    That all said i do miss the old despoil the soul non pet specs of old. Just pet specs are way to useful to go that way nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    Necros are near perfect caster class for pve imo. Melee pets for solo play when you need some help tanking and fearing. Caster pets for raids and aoes. Great dps without much work. Just an easy class to play. There are some synergies with what pets for this fight or that and some other things but that comes with practice.
    Also ppl saying blizzed is a waste well i dissagree. If your new to raiding and or enjoy t1s its very handy. Also since we now can have multiple specs there is no reason not to have a blizzrd/shatter spec. Ya you wont use it much but its handy.
    Dont delete your necro. Try some new specs specially a caster dps spec learn a spell rotation and get your AA and gear and sit and back and go holy **** at the dps you do.
    That all said i do miss the old despoil the soul non pet specs of old. Just pet specs are way to useful to go that way nowadays.
    Yeah. Before the game released, I remember reading about the Necromancer and being able to become a Lich and about crapped a brick.
    After getting to 80 I was disappointed with the fact that the spell wasn't toggle-able. Went Nightfall at 80 switching from Reanimation. We still had a bunch of broken and unless feats and spells then...doesn't seem like much has changed.

Im in fury so I'll need gear so I'll need to respec to PvE so i can solo etc. But im gonna level my DT on the side hehe.

It's a shame that GoD was nerfed.

Necro does have some feats and aa's that are broken and/or underwhelming and with feat trees that are a jumbled mess (pet feats in nightfall tree and vice versa), which will hopefully be fixed whenever it is revamped (2020?).

But in the meantime, even with all these problems, it's still a very powerful dps class and is more than capable of pulling its weight in pve or pvp content.

If you enjoyed your necro before, I'd suggest give it a try for a few weeks and see for yourself how it plays now. If you don't care for it, then by all means roll a different toon, but never delete your necro just in case Funcom actually does get around to revamping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Necro does have some feats and aa's that are broken and/or underwhelming and with feat trees that are a jumbled mess (pet feats in nightfall tree and vice versa), which will hopefully be fixed whenever it is revamped (2020?).

But in the meantime, even with all these problems, it's still a very powerful dps class and is more than capable of pulling its weight in pve or pvp content.

If you enjoyed your necro before, I'd suggest give it a try for a few weeks and see for yourself how it plays now. If you don't care for it, then by all means roll a different toon, but never delete your necro just in case Funcom actually does get around to revamping it.
    Well thats what the f2p "trial" I am doing is to see if I can play the game again. I really did enjoy my necro. So I'll have to see...spec how I want and just see if I cna enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    necro is perfect alchoolic for pve class send melee pets and other classes will make them do the dps you should have done, if you actualy cast spells and spawn skulls from sw to fully abuse it you will outdps by hundered if not by a full 1000 everyone else. lol

deathly blizzard rolf...
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast