Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interview with Joel Bylos

Very nice. Thanks to both of you!
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    I saw words and phrases. Fucom talks a lot. Action and results mean most to me. It was interesting though and thank you for posting it.

I would like to read an interview with the business folks of Fucom. Like the CEO or budget department or the ones that decide what Craig and Joel were able to actually do.

Interviewing the employees is one thing, interviewing the person who actually makes the real decisions for the game would be truly interesting. Otherwise, you're just interviewing the cook and not the boss.
    Ha ha, as much sense as that makes I some how doubt that interview with CEO Ole Schreiner would make an interesting read for assassin blog :X

1/ Is Funcom Q1 perfomance in line with your predictions for 2014 ?

Yeah...booooooooooooring.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Ha ha, as much sense as that makes I some how doubt that interview with CEO Ole Schreiner would make an interesting read for assassin blog :X

1/ Is Funcom Q1 perfomance in line with your predictions for 2014 ?

Yeah...booooooooooooring.
    You may be correct that is not material for an AoC assassin class blog. BUT, ceo's ARE assassins. They just use expensive suits & ties as armor and pens and contracts as weapons. Ceo's are real people too. Twisted, warped and no longer in touch with the real world, but they're real people.

But as far as an interesting read, I think it would be a fascinating read! Here are a couple links to some..... I even pulled one from 2008 just as reference.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...-ole-schreiner
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...trond-arne-aas
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-03-12-funcom

.enjoy.

I also want to add, your interviews along with this one are very good. You ask good questions.
    Last edited by kinlock; 13th June 2014 at 05:41.

Thanks for the interview Slith & Joel.

Hopefully some of the new content will be out before 2015 (achievement/lore system, minigame, raid, new AA's, 12 man dungeon, revamped t1/t2 raids, crafting system).

That said, I agree it is slightly odd to have to purchase the expansion and then subscribe to use anything beyond Gateway to Khitai. I have made certain recommendations in this regard, but it isn’t my call
    I'm glad he addressed this. I know many felt shafted when they bought the xpac, but then were left unable to use it / would be shut out, unless they kept subbing. They'd bought this "thing" but weren't allowed to use it. Or it put them off buying it at all. Especially as the purchase model changed not long after. Can't help but feel many just threw up their hands in confusion and walked away. But then, subbing is all tied into AA's, Raids, etc as well.

What would happen if they opened it up to allow people who had purchased the xpac play it, regardless of their sub status? (Not the raids though I guess???). Would subbers freak out? Would the pop jump back up as those alienated came back? (If only to see whats doing). I wonder what Joels recommendation was in this regard.

Interesting interview though. Cheers for sharing!
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Thanks for a nice Interview Slith

Quote Originally Posted by Banto View Post
    Thanks for a nice Interview Slith
    record your thanks in your silky smooth, manly voice (no homo thou)
    Retired

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12