Thread: Bear Shaman Problems - New AoC Blog

Default Bear Shaman Problems - New AoC Blog

This is probably five and three quarter years too late, but here's a new AoC blog.

http://bearshamanproblems.blogspot.com/

Most of the content will be geared towards newer or casual players and some walk through of areas that are lacking up-to-date guides.

Cheers!
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

ah nice! I will follow.

Pro tip from a fellow blogger: first 6 months will be hard, but stick with it. Once you really get into it (rather than making a blog, posting 5 times and then quitting like so many have) you will find that it is a very rewarding experience.
    Retired

Thanks Slith!

My goal is to try and write something every two weeks, and go from there. I figure this game is something I'm passionate about and want to help some people learn about the game as well as let people know it still exists.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

one more tip, most important probably:

repost your guides on forums with a link to your blog

this way you can help more people and also expose your blog to more audiences

win/win scenario
    Retired

Always nice to have more AoC resources at hand; sadly there are tons of gaps in AoC information online, or instances where information is ancient, outdated stuff from 2008.

For instance, detailed guides to low-level dungeons and where quests for them can be found aren't easy to find, and how combat rating, weapon damage and critigation affects damage seems to be poorly understood by much of the playerbase. I also imagine lots of new players miss out on "hard-to-find" quests like the Tarisha quests in Tortage or Atali's quest in Ymir's Pass.

Happy writing, hope you stick with it.

Cool stuff so far and good work
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Thanks guys. Those are some good ideas. I'd like to try and help fill in some gaps in knowledge as well as help people just trying the game so they'll stick with it.

(A lot of our community already does this with answering questions in global and NPH).

Unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to post more than once every few weeks due to real life commitments, but here's hoping.
    ----
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Quote Originally Posted by puckstop98 View Post
    (A lot of our community already does this with answering questions in global and NPH).
    global wisdom lol.
    its still tragic amount of people ingame giving horrid advise both in forums and ingame about bearshaman.
    but its no surprise even the new unchained rewards bear shamans with fail wisdom rings.

just a few days ago some 6 years playing the game pro was saying to some new guy on nph that he should stack wisdom gear cause it improves his healing and mana management.

i realy hope your not one of those idiots who goes around with wisdom gear and will of salvation & shall of departed fail gear.

good luck with your blog and dont misinform people more then they already are by horribad ingame advise.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

A bear's key stat is strength plus all the normal crit and crit damage stuff. I've never found wisdom to be useful for them. I'll probably make some other mistakes, but that's where discussion can be useful. I don't plan to intentionally mislead anyone.

I actually have a blue medium wisdom helm in trying to sell on the trader. Can't figure out why they made it. It's a nice vanity piece (actually, I think it's ugly - looks like a pigeon camped out on a fireman's hat.

If a Bear is running out of mana they're casting too much and basically doing it wrong.
    ----
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Thanks for the new blog, slith is right it is easy to stop posting. I know I did, but mainly after my guild faded out.