Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: End pug-only minis now and forever!

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    pvp servers lack population, especialy at american hours.
    but under evaluating the people who might get retained or return to game if they could sign up with friends.
    You are more optemiistic than me. Aoc is a niche game. Noone is coming here in droves..
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post
    So, what you're basically saying is that players shouldn't be allowed to get organized and play with each other because it wouldn't be fair to people who are not organized and have no concept of teamwork what so ever? But aren't good groups SUPPOSED to beat bad groups? Isn't trying to win what games are all about? The mentality that the other team needs to be handicapped to give you a better chance at winning because you think you're entitled to a token is the everyone gets a trophy syndrome at its worst.

It's not like minis aren't imbalanced right now, most mini games are stomp or be stomped because the random queue stacks the teams most of the time anyway, MINIS ARE STOMPFESTS BECAUSE OF THE PUG-ONLY QUEUE.

Your statement that grouping would cause people not want to sign up is also false because the pug-only minis caused far more people to quit then it ever encouraged to start playing.

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!
    don't get me wrong. id like to que with friends too. but just saying look what happened in the past. premades just stomped pugs and people stopped even queing. Server is dead, all your competition is gone. Everyone that's good and competitive is jumping on your boat. The only answer is premade vs your guildies :P
    Last edited by Baasar; 10th June 2014 at 18:25.
    Baadsar New Bear
    Badsar New Carnage Conq
    Bruhski New DT

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Care Bear

Let me present another angle to this. The unskilled/undergeared players. How should these folks be treated? Like shitty peasants? We were all new once. How does a player in this category play in a group only queue? Are any of you lot going to take them in under your wing for your group signups? Teach them the ropes? be understanding when they take awhile to become decent? I doubt any of you would. So they should be just cast aside and told to piss off basically? and people wonder why the game pvp population doesnt grow..

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    Let me present another angle to this. The unskilled/undergeared players. How should these folks be treated? Like shitty peasants? We were all new once. How does a player in this category play in a group only queue? Are any of you lot going to take them in under your wing for your group signups? Teach them the ropes? be understanding when they take awhile to become decent? I doubt any of you would. So they should be just cast aside and told to piss off basically? and people wonder why the game pvp population doesnt grow..
    This is the OP stance. New players, player new to pvp and folks who dont quite have a solid grip on their classes should be punished as harshly and as often as possible.
    I don't make points I make dents.

if i understood corectly you just want premade minis only from now on where single/double/treble teams will be facerolled by those who can get 6 and have ts etc etc or just are geared aaed and exp vets?

no!

you already have tournament mode which works well and you can sign there with friedns and dont have to fill 6man group for it

so atm there is pug sign up and tournament (which basicly its premade or controled side vs side scenerio) which imo works well

and imo with new pvp streak ppl will be more up to winning more and more minigames and it wont be kind of headless chickens behaviour anymore (frag chasers, leechers etc), it will reward teamplay by most

Quote Originally Posted by Anatu View Post
    Simple Fix

-PUG Mode= you can sign with at least 1 friend

-Tourney Mode= more tokens and perhaps a Ranking system

Extra

-Vote to kick

Can anyone really argue?
    This is very simple solution and only one that can work.

Tournament mode ranking could come with its own tokens in addition to regular, and maybe you could get some vanity, or maybe unlock some new finisher animation with it.idk...
    But just give motive for people "wanting premades" to actually start doing them.

Just to be clear about something (again) I don't want the return of premades just so I can beat up on pugs, I don't support pug stomping and don't really find it to be all that gratifying when it happens. I used to do a lot of pub stomping in World in Conflict (in WiC they're called pubs) and it got really boring, people would leave and the rounds would end pretty quickly, I soon found myself actually joining the weaker team just to balance the games out, after doing that, rounds lasted longer, I got bigger scores and the game improved in quality, I'm by no means a supporter of pug stomping, anyone who says that I am is guilty of trying to create misconceptions about the merits of my arguments.

What I do want to happen is to see a return of the old grouping system that allows people to group with their friends and guild mates. Pug-only minis are a failure, plain and simple. Minis today are all about farming for prowess and tokens and not about PvP.

I want to see a return to grouping because I'm sick of getting stuck on a team with flag bots, trash healers, lone wolves, rage AFKers, baddies that focus tanks, token/prowess farmers and other kinds of baddies that make themselves as useless as possible. I want to be able to select people that I know are no going to do that sh1t.

It's all about playing with people that can be trusted and not getting stuck on a team with the riffraff.

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Anatu View Post
    Simple Fix

-PUG Mode= you can sign with at least 1 friend

-Tourney Mode= more tokens and perhaps a Ranking system

Extra

-Vote to kick

Can anyone really argue?
    i bet it requires coding to allow you sign up with a partner, making it unfeasible, otherwise it's the obviously the best way. i bet the vote to kick would fail, but you need a proper anti-afk system.

and really, **** this whole discussion, i don't care until i have unchained minis, that's where it has to start!

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post

I want to see a return to grouping because I'm sick of getting stuck on a team with flag bots, trash healers, lone wolves, rage AFKers, baddies that focus tanks, token/prowess farmers and other kinds of baddies that make themselves as useless as possible. I want to be able to select people that I know are no going to do that sh1t.
    But dude. therein lies the problem. you are going to get these people on your team regardless.the variables would be probably very difficult to deal with.

So lets say you open up team queue for 2 people n pug minis. you still have 4 other randoms who will end up on your team. potentially you'll get another 2 man group of your buds on the same team and 2 undesireables, or 2 groups resulting in pug stomp time or 4 randoms resulting in a bad time. Say you allow 3 man queue. all it takes is a 50/50 chance for a guild to have two separate 3 man queues end up on the same side and bam you have another pug stomping premade. and if not you get 3 randoms on your team say you have 4 man queues. you still have potential to get two unworthy players on your team or you get queue lock where the groups dont quite fit and the minis dont pop. Its a no win argument. We all are stuck with what we get. It sucks but its the way it is. Getting upset isn't going to make funcom suddenly agree with you and they dont read these forums anyway.

The only real solution is to get unchained minis going where pvp levels don't matter and everyone is leveled out gear wise. Your unchained armor/weapon set is locked to your character when you load in and allow vote kicking. You are allowed a spec for unchained to build as you see fit. Vote kicking would be a great feature. I support 6 man premading in unchained minis.

Pug minis are a lost cause just suck it up. Minigames suck either way you slice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    But dude. therein lies the problem. you are going to get these people on your team regardless.the variables would be probably very difficult to deal with.

So lets say you open up team queue for 2 people n pug minis. you still have 4 other randoms who will end up on your team. potentially you'll get another 2 man group of your buds on the same team and 2 undesireables, or 2 groups resulting in pug stomp time or 4 randoms resulting in a bad time. Say you allow 3 man queue. all it takes is a 50/50 chance for a guild to have two separate 3 man queues end up on the same side and bam you have another pug stomping premade. and if not you get 3 randoms on your team say you have 4 man queues. you still have potential to get two unworthy players on your team or you get queue lock where the groups dont quite fit and the minis dont pop. Its a no win argument. We all are stuck with what we get. It sucks but its the way it is. Getting upset isn't going to make funcom suddenly agree with you and they dont read these forums anyway.

The only real solution is to get unchained minis going where pvp levels don't matter and everyone is leveled out gear wise. Your unchained armor/weapon set is locked to your character when you load in and allow vote kicking. You are allowed a spec for unchained to build as you see fit. Vote kicking would be a great feature. I support 6 man premading in unchained minis.

Pug minis are a lost cause just suck it up. Minigames suck either way you slice it.
    BUT YOU WOULD HAVE A CHANCE, that's all I really want, a fair fighting chance that is not possible with pugs, allowing grouping would raise the quality of PvP by forcing players to get better. Mini games were so much better back when groups were allowed, even pugs back then were not as bad as they are now. Back then you would lose because the other team was better, now you lose because your team is useless. Pug-only minis did so much damage to PvP, I can't see why you defend them.

Also, a kick vote system would just be abused like harassment petitions are, you know how lame people are in this game.

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!
    Last edited by -Syd-; 10th June 2014 at 22:09.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast