Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: End pug-only minis now and forever!

Not all people **** talk when they win. When Red Nails had enough people to premade, we did against Asylum and lost everytime. We learned from team play in losing, and this is to be expected. People will lost against organized teams, especially at first.

If a team thinks they will appear to be more "pro" by posting a screen shot let them. Don't let it take enjoyment out of the game for you. I would encourage everyone to do premades.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Ah, and if you say "hey, im on crom and here is no open world pvp!"
    when i feel like it i realy dont have much trouble going into ce and doing open world pvp, usualy always some people there.
    and i enjoy it a lot better on crom then on fury where you always need to worry about lowbies murder points and guards lol.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

And by the way - seems a lot of players here dont understand the main problem. It is not about skill, it is about leaving, afking and other griefing like that. And bad balancing now works same as it was in times "premades vs pugs" but now you just have a 80% chance that ppl start leaving or hiding when your team going to lose. When you sign with friends they never go afk or leave. If they are - you can choose ppl who dont and play with them. Sometimes you need just little more tries to turn luck at your side and win mini.

And by the way - seems a lot of players here dont understand the main problem. It is not about skill, it is about leaving, afking and other griefing like that. And bad balancing now works same as it was in times "premades vs pugs" but now you just have a 80% chance that ppl start leaving or hiding when your team going to lose. When you sign with friends they never go afk or leave. If they are - you can choose ppl who dont and play with them. Sometimes you need just little more tries to turn luck at your side and win mini.
    You know you also have to play VERSUS someone, aye?

Sorry for this troll comment, it's just that your logic was fun in that post.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 10th June 2014 at 16:32.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

When you sign with friends they never go afk or leave. If they are - you can choose ppl who dont and play with them.
    i lost many minigames against stronger premades, especialy band of gray clover they had the strongest teams along with scum.
    but it didnt matter because i was grouped up with friends and we had fun.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    i lost many minigames against stronger premades, especialy band of gray clover they had the strongest teams along with scum.
    but it didnt matter because i was grouped up with friends and we had fun.
    I understand this Tomhet, that's why I'm not scared aswell about playing premades and loosing.

It's a game, it's just about having fun, no need to take it seriously.
    And anyway you NEED to loose versus better players and groups to progress.

Problem is just that this doesn't fit casual and newbies gameplay.
    You would just kill the game by removing random minigame queque.

Just allow duos signup for random queque and revamp Tournament Mode with rewards and ranking system. This is what is needed imo.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Simple Fix

-PUG Mode= you can sign with at least 1 friend

-Tourney Mode= more tokens and perhaps a Ranking system

Extra

-Vote to kick

Can anyone really argue?

Default j

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    solo player should have their own content arena minimatchs and the daily quests, the error was tranforming 6vs6 content into the anti team content it is today.
    I understand what you are saying but you are not hearing me. The problem is this gane lacks population to do what you describe. We both know that teaming with friends is always best but lets look at it from another angle. You enjoy minis fine. But of course getting on a team with friends is chance. If you make it a group only queue forcing people to have to get someone to queue with them i forsee problems.. I predict minis will pop even less than they do now. Because by segregating the casuals you are eliminating bodies for the queue. I remember when this game didnt even have minigames.

The solution to this double edged sword in my view is unchained minis Which to my knowledge are coming. Evenly matched minigames with group queues. From 2-6 and you must have at least one friend to queue. of course as i say you cannot in aoc have your cake and eat it. unchained minis or pugs one queue will suffer ir people will qq in global to switch queue etc etc. They cant fix the balance algorithym forget about it. It cannot be done.Minis suck but if you dont like them just dont play them. besides world pvp is always better. you can still group with friends there
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    I understand what you are saying but you are not hearing me. The problem is this gane lacks population to do what you describe.
    pvp servers lack population, especialy at american hours.
    but under evaluating the people who might get retained or return to game if they could sign up with friends.

if pvp festival were constant wich would be awesome particularly on crom(wich are sort of bugged here anyways atm seems some quests actualy still work in ce)
    minigames would almost cease to be played, and i guess like before in famous premades era, only hv+lt would be played.
    because other maps suck.

so why the hell not just change tt+br to be more like arenas 3vs3 and 3vs3vs3, would make more sense on deserted fury for example and would cater for solo players
    and cjs should be made into 6vs6 would fill a lot easier and be played more often without it being a zergfest minigame.
    and at same time be intune with reduced population

and for lt+hv+cjs allow 2-3 people to joint sign up.

ps:http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=184743
    have fun ignoring it like rest of people and funcom
    Last edited by -tomhet-; 10th June 2014 at 17:18.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Anatu View Post
    Simple Fix

-PUG Mode= you can sign with at least 1 friend

-Tourney Mode= more tokens and perhaps a Ranking system

Extra

-Vote to kick

Can anyone really argue?

Someone can always argue. but good ideas imo. What they need to do right now is remove the accept or decline box from minigame queues. I suspect the "balance" code is faulty due to this. If minigames popped and everyone in queue was instantly teleported to mini like it or not the code could probably sort it out better.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast