Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: End pug-only minis now and forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    I know what minigames are now and yes, most times they are trash.
    But removing random minigame queque would just make things worse.
    You don't get it, but that is.
    All new players would be cut out of the game, you would remain only with current veteran playerbase, and minigamed would just completely slowly disappear.

This game doesn't prevent you to sign with friends as you troll around.
    Tournament Mode?

More players just need an incentive to use it, and fortunately Funcom is already working on that (see Game Director letter of this month).

Players asking to completely remove random minigame queque just want an easy way to farm in PvP.
    Say that it would solve balance problems it's simple hipocrisy.

Yes, playing in organized groups, learn teamplay and coordination is something that most of current minigame players who started PvPing in last 2-3 years lack (and that's about me aswell).
    We lack the concept of group, and we are not used to make friends to build groups for PvP (this exists only for PvE atm).
    And yes, all this stuff would make players better.

But you can't plain cut out all players who are not like you, who have probably played premades since 2008 or so.

You need a PvP start point for everyone.

Random minigame queque must remain where it is, and the troll about "this game doesn't allow to play with friends" should stop.

Funcom already started some great changes with gear revamp and new PvP content. Now let them finish their job with class balanced and Tournament Mode revamp.

Don't worry, if you give them ways, time and incentive, players with brain will get better.
    Farming random newbies with a premade isn't that cool, no?!?
    im advocating to allow atleast 1-2 friends to sign up not full premade.

This random pug mini IS NOT helping. Period.

It was honestly better back in 2009/10
    Players had incentives to get better.
    Now incentives are to capture the flag with little pvp as possible. The incentives are now tokens no longer is about pvp and that is whats killing the pvp side of the game partly.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Knock it off. There are premade queues and just because you cannot get an opponent does not mean you should be allowed to pug stomp.

IMO, what we need is 2v2 minis or 3v3 minis. That might be more worthwhile. Please stop trying to team up against pugs. It's a silly approach to pvp IMO.
    no one would even sign for 2v2v 3v3. why? because you are all so scared to lose that you refuse to pvp unless you have double the numbers.

maybe they should make a 10v2 mini, i bet that would fill up instantly in the hopes that you get on the 10 team. ( the 2 would leave)

you all just want as easy as possible, no risk to losing, no skill needed, just random minis to farm tokens.

#2014pvplogic

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post
    What I want to see is a return to a full grouping system that rewards teamwork and gives players an incentive to group up and compete. I want players to be able to control who plays on their team.
    This is not about pug bashing, this is about getting heals when they're needed, about getting a zerg of baddies CC'd off me when needed, about people focusing targets and finishing off a player at 10% HP before he gets away, this is about giving players a fighting chance, it's about fairness...
    You think fairness is taking a premade group of 6 players all on voice com in to PUG que fair! LULZ
    IF THIS GAME HAD A REAL MMO POPULATION THOUSANDS OF PVP PLAYERS ON FURY THEN PREMADE QUE 6 VS 6 WOULD BE WHERE THE ACTION IS!!!
    NEWS FLASH!! AOC DOES NOT HAVE A MMO POPULATION OF PVPERS THATS WHY 6 VS 6 QUE IS NOT USED (not enough players in game that say yes)

Lets say option is in game right now Premade can join pug que!! I log into aoc about 1pm GMT (there a few online at lunch time) I know a few 6 year vets that still play like myself WE make a 6 man premade and wait for minis 90% of pug players will LEAVE match THE only action my premade will get is when it face another! and after that other premade team lose 3 times they ALSO will STOP play against us
    (some players and teams will close reopen mini que view the list of players and not click accept if they know they going to lose) THERE ISNT THE PLAYER BASE TO SUPORT 6 TEAM PREMADE VS PUGS
    OUT SIDE PRIME TIME A GOOD PREMADE WOULD SHUT MINIS DOWN 100%
    INSIDE PRIMETIME 80%

Allow grouping of 2s into pug que is a way better option

The population is too low, premade vs pug can't work anymore in this game. That's a fact.

It's fine in a game with a huge population like, say, Wildstar (which I'm playing atm, ridiculously good game) because there are so many minis running that you have virtually no chance of facing the same people 2 times in a row (unless you play ranked matches of course). Minis also pop instantly, afkers get auto-kicked and replacements come in instantly. And if you have a premade you should play the ranked minis since those actually give much better rewards (pvp ranking points etc). I could keep going but the way it's done is basically perfect and while one can wish AoC had the same, you have to remember that AoC is : very low pop, very limited ressources, reduced dev team and an old messy code that's very hard to work with.

Now I'm not against letting 2 people sign together in AoC but that should be the limit given the population, any more than that and you'll see even less minis than you do now.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    The population is too low, premade vs pug can't work anymore in this game. That's a fact.

It's fine in a game with a huge population like, say, Wildstar (which I'm playing atm, ridiculously good game) because there are so many minis running that you have virtually no chance of facing the same people 2 times in a row (unless you play ranked matches of course). Minis also pop instantly, afkers get auto-kicked and replacements come in instantly. And if you have a premade you should play the ranked minis since those actually give much better rewards (pvp ranking points etc). I could keep going but the way it's done is basically perfect and while one can wish AoC had the same, you have to remember that AoC is : very low pop, very limited ressources, reduced dev team and an old messy code that's very hard to work with.

Now I'm not against letting 2 people sign together in AoC but that should be the limit given the population, any more than that and you'll see even less minis than you do now.
    THIS X10 is what the few players asking for 6 premade vs pug don't understand AOC DONT HAVE THE POPULATION TO SUPORT IT!! END OF STORY

Why are people saying that grouping will kill the last remaining pvp when pugs are already doing exactly that? PUGS ARE THE CAUSE OF THE LOW PVP POP. Pug minis CAUSED the decline in the population because at the end of the day, players don't have to put up with them and end up playing other games that do let them play with their friends. Nobody here noticed that the PvP population started to go down drastically AFTER the forced pug sign ups were rolled out?

Pug minis are a terrible experience and only alienate and frustrate the few good players that remain and discourage them from wanting to play. The quality of minis was so much better with the old grouping system even if you were getting stomped by premades because the quality of the average player was so much higher and that made losing more tolerable. With the old system it was get good or get stomped on, now, even if you're a good player, you can still get stomped on because the pug sign ups set the teams up in such a way that it takes any chance of winning away from you before the match even begins.

How is it fun to join a mini game, look at your team, look at their team, and come to the conclusion: "we're fućked" and have any hope of winning taken away from you before the round even starts?

Pug minis are noob factories, they're the reason that players are so bad these days because it doesn't require them to get better. How is this fair? someone tell me.

Why is it fair to handicap good players for the sake of giving bad players a chance at winning? BAD PLAYERS ARE SUPPOSED TO LOSE TO GOOD PLAYERS, AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE?

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!
    Last edited by -Syd-; 10th June 2014 at 10:20.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    no one would even sign for 2v2v 3v3. why? because you are all so scared to lose that you refuse to pvp unless you have double the numbers.

maybe they should make a 10v2 mini, i bet that would fill up instantly in the hopes that you get on the 10 team. ( the 2 would leave)

you all just want as easy as possible, no risk to losing, no skill needed, just random minis to farm tokens.

#2014pvplogic
    Gel four, I don't know why you post like this when u know it isn't true. This week we have done a dozen minis together where at least half have been bad and you know we had no chance of winning. Yet neither you nor I or anyone on our team dropped. Please try to contribute to the conversation. I can show many a screenshot to disapprove your comments above. No one is scared of losing. Do you know why? Because it doesn't matter. Yes, I do prefer randomness to you farming a team.

Premades with a working ranking system and tournaments with rewards and competition unlike now is the only way to go, deal with it ppl Syd is spot on.

Imagine if you were limited to play PVE with a pug raid only because playing with the people you want would make your raid force better and it would't be fair... just makes no sense ofc.

This is the only multiplayer game where you cant compete and play PVP with your friends/guildies or players you want to play with.

No sense of competition and systems that support organized pvp is what makes AoC one of the worst PVP games ever.

Allowing people to sign up in duos is the only possible "middle ground" for pugs if you ask me. It would help a lot.

Unfortunately the code for this is deeply embedded and it's a very hard sell to allow code time for it. According to Cirith.

Taking it further could have negative effects (full groups vs pugs)

The next viable option after would be rankings for tournament mode, but that's a risky move considering the playerbase we're dealing with. Not saying it couldn't work, but...

Realise pugs is what we have, and that's what they can improve.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 10th June 2014 at 10:58.

@Redd: I pretty much agree with all you posted. But that has nothing to do with removing random minigame queque. Actually one thing you wrote is wrong: this game allows you to play with friends/guildies or players you want to play with. It's Tournament Mode. Unfortunately it's affected by big problems:
    - no incentive to use it (no ranking system, no reward, no special token / stat update ecc.)
    - very low game population. Try to sign 1 group in Tournament Mode.. You could wait months before one group shows up. And gather 12 friends actually takes too much time (quite few guilds and friends I know tried.. It doesn't work with current population).

This links an answer to Lurvi post.

@Lurvi: I agree with you too, buddy system (allow duo signups) is the only viable change to random minigame queque, which must remain where it is (not deleted to force random people to fight premades..). But I'm more optimistic: Funcom is doing great stuff for the PvP side of the game. They must revamp Tournament Mode with ranking system and with exclusive significant rewards (and with some way to avoid exploiting.. Like preventing to sign in enemy groups 2 accounts with same IP address). Players must have BIG incentive to use it. But maybe there is one last hope for this to work.. or at least is worth trying before definitely saying end to this game.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 10th June 2014 at 11:30.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast