Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: End pug-only minis now and forever!

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post
    All the arguments against grouping in mini games have been so comprehensively destroyed, just let us group again FFS.
    Tournament mode?
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Exactly, there is not enough pop for what y'all are wanting. You just explained why the premade only, AND the pvp 0-4 and 5-10 idea will not work. No pop.

You can do premade vs premade now, so why don't you? That was rhetorical, not enough people.

You, Carnage(asylum), can not even get 12 people to do your own premade, and neither can any other guild on fury in US evenings.

If minis went premade only, then the very small amount of pvp you have now, would be gone. There is just no pop for it anymore.

The most important part of the pvp update, the feat fixes, has still not happened, and the small pop that came back for the pvp update was frustrated beyond belief with op soldiers, tts, hide and sw necros, etc.

If you can figure out a way to get the feat fixes done, and boost the pop, your ideas or premade only, etc, might be good, but untl then, please stop the forum qq.

Your qq is very discouraging for all the casual peple that do not have 5+ game friends that get on at the same time every day as they do. So many old guilds with only a player or two that does not want to give up what they worked years for, or new people that don't like the juvenile trash talking of self procaimed baddies, etc...
    Echoes my own views.

Biggest decline in population in minigames was during those premade vs pug stomping sessions. I spent a lot of time on both sides of the equation and AoC lost as many people to joining up hopelessly as 6 randoms vs a well set up and well communicated premade.

This would only drive out what little randoms you have to fight now.

If the population could support your idea you would have premades signing up on the existing premade queue.

There isn't so it doesn't occur.

You ask, no you DEMAND, to force a population so small to be funnelled into a compulsory tournament queue to stomp them, just as much as to group up with friends.

Freke also hit the nail on the head as to your discussion,
    Again I mean demands
    Last edited by Surgery; 13th June 2014 at 10:22.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Random minies are sad and depressing way more often than they should be, but...

As far as I see, the "let us sign as a group" adepts aren't using Tournament Mode because it's hard to find another premade group to fight there.

So here's the question: if they will be allowed to sign as a premade team to a random mini game, where will "good, strong and worthy" enemy appear from? Or that premade team will end up fighting vs pug teams 99% of time, steamrolling them into respad and that is "true pvp" they are looking for?
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    Tournament mode?
    More posts in here than in http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=188693

Maybe PvP belongs on the forums....

Tournament mode?
    Nobody ever does tournament mode, we ask in global all the time and nobody ever wants to do a 6v6. But why should minis games be an either/or between two extremes? it's either full pug or full premade, there's no middle ground.

Biggest decline in population in minigames was during those premade vs pug stomping sessions. I spent a lot of time on both sides of the equation and AoC lost as many people to joining up hopelessly as 6 randoms vs a well set up and well communicated premade.
    You're either lying, delusional or just plain stupid...

Just take the PvP population of today and compare it to the population of 2010 before forced pug minis rolled out, it's a huge and noticeable difference.
    How can you honestly claim that more people PvP now then used to PvP in 2010 and keep a straight face?

And seeing this premade vs pug garbage being spread around is getting pretty tiresome, do you actually think that if grouping is brought back to minis that people are still going to sign up solo? Of course not. Just because you want to sign solo gives you no right to punish people for wanting to group.

You're so anti-competition it's disgusting, the only way a scrub like you can win minis is to be assigned to an OP stacked team so you can effortlessly stomp the other team into the dust without them even having a chance.

The entire reason I want grouping back is because I'm sick and tired of getting stomped on in minis because half my team is useless or AFK. Being able to group with friends reduces my chances of getting on a team that has so little chance of winning that I might as well not even stay in the match.

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelotti View Post
    So here's the question: if they will be allowed to sign as a premade team to a random mini game, where will "good, strong and worthy" enemy appear from? Or that premade team will end up fighting vs pug teams 99% of time, steamrolling them into respad and that is "true pvp" they are looking for?
    Allowing people to group in minis will raise the bar in PvP, forcing people to get better through a process of natural selection.

Years of this pug only non sense has seen an entire generation of players who have never experienced competitive PvP, and thus have absolutely to clue in the world how to support a group in PvP, this is bad for everyone, it cheats me out of getting competent team mates that know how to play and it cheats them out of really learning how to properly play the game in a group setting.

And about the unfairness? what do you think that mini games are today? Minis today are nothing but stompfeast after stompfest after stompfeast, the only reason people even sign up anymore is in the hopes of getting on the team that does the stomping.

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!

@ syd
    I think its you that's delusional or just plain stupid...
    WHAT PART OF FURY POPULATION CAN NOT SUPPORT PREMADE VS PUG DONT YOU UNDERSTAND???

If fury had 1k plus players online doing minis with afkers and quitters being replaced THEN yes go go premade vs pug
    BUT FURY POPULATION CAN NOT SUPPORT PREMADE VS PUGS DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

(definition of a quitter -a person who gives up easily or does not have the courage or determination to finish a task)

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    @ syd
    I think its you that's delusional or just plain stupid...
    WHAT PART OF FURY POPULATION CAN NOT SUPPORT PREMADE VS PUG DONT YOU UNDERSTAND???

If fury had 1k plus players online doing minis with afkers and quitters being replaced THEN yes go go premade vs pug
    BUT FURY POPULATION CAN NOT SUPPORT PREMADE VS PUGS DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

(definition of a quitter -a person who gives up easily or does not have the courage or determination to finish a task)
    Are you kidding? No population? Really? It seems to me that Fury has enough people online for 18v12 world PvP and 35v17 siege but not enough for mini game groups, I find this hard to take seriously.

STOP SPREADING LIES!

Nobody ever does tournament mode, we ask in global all the time and nobody ever wants to do a 6v6. But why should minis games be an either/or between two extremes? it's either full pug or full premade, there's no middle ground.

You're either lying, delusional or just plain stupid...

Just take the PvP population of today and compare it to the population of 2010 before forced pug minis rolled out, it's a huge and noticeable difference.
    How can you honestly claim that more people PvP now then used to PvP in 2010 and keep a straight face?

And seeing this premade vs pug garbage being spread around is getting pretty tiresome, do you actually think that if grouping is brought back to minis that people are still going to sign up solo? Of course not. Just because you want to sign solo gives you no right to punish people for wanting to group.

You're so anti-competition it's disgusting, the only way a scrub like you can win minis is to be assigned to an OP stacked team so you can effortlessly stomp the other team into the dust without them even having a chance.

The entire reason I want grouping back is because I'm sick and tired of getting stomped on in minis because half my team is useless or AFK. Being able to group with friends reduces my chances of getting on a team that has so little chance of winning that I might as well not even stay in the match.

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!
    Actually, on tyranny, premade v pugs did hurt minis. I was in a many a minis that as soon as a premade was in queue, they would stop signing up. Carnage even would split in minis just to get in so peeps wouldn't drop. He'll, you would go into the mini in hide just so they wouldn't drop. Then people complained and they added cowards shame. To deny this means you weren't there then or were confused.

Yes, people sometimes would put a group together, but it wound down when population dropped.

Are you kidding? No population? Really? It seems to me that Fury has enough people online for 18v12 world PvP and 35v17 siege but not enough for mini game groups, I find this hard to take seriously.

STOP SPREADING LIES!
    They are all in the same guild?

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast