Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: End pug-only minis now and forever!

Cleaned up a lot of posts here. I would like to keep the thread open because it is a good discussion in there somewhere, but for the love of Mitra, be civil and stay off the trolling or it will be closed.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Drest View Post
    Cleaned up a lot of posts here. I would like to keep the thread open because it is a good discussion in there somewhere, but for the love of Mitra, be civil and stay off the trolling or it will be closed.
    We are Cimmerian, we do not follow Mitra law.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    We are Cimmerian, we do not follow Mitra law.
    Crom doesn't care about this thread anyway so, your call really

(And for the event someone does not det the reference,Crom is not just a server he is the Cimmerian deity. "Worshipers of Crom claim that he grants his followers strength and endurance and has little patience for weakness. It is commonly held that Crom does not answer prayers." From wikipedia)
    Last edited by Drest; 18th June 2014 at 11:27.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Let's clear up this thread a little. I think that many of you are passionate about the game, just not able to articulate.

1. This is not a pver vs. pvper
    2. This is not about premade 6 vs pug minis
    3. This is not about carnage being a pvp guild
    4. This is not about [EDIT by Drest: Someone] being the worst tos in aoc ever (yes, [EDIT by Drest: Someone else] was better believe it or not)
    5. This is not about mini game logic flaws

This is about someone wanting to be able to team up with a friend, guarantee to be on the same team, and work together.

Will this help the friends play together and have more signups in minis? Idk.

Will this increase aco pvp population? I doubt it

Will this improve pvp? Probably not.

Will this teach new player how to pvp? Most likely not

Will this help under geared teams? No.

It will only benefit the two teamed up IMO. Let's be honest. Those two already pvp. They don't hold back, carnage goes at carnage every mini. I've never seen carnage sit out because carnage was on the other team. I use carnage as an example only because they are active pvp guild.
    Last edited by Drest; 12th June 2014 at 12:44.

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post
    PUGS ARE THE CAUSE OF THE LOW PVP POP. Pug minis CAUSED the decline in the population because at the end of the day, players don't have to put up with them and end up playing other games that do let them play with their friends. Nobody here noticed that the PvP population started to go down drastically AFTER the forced pug sign ups were rolled out?
    Sorry, but there is where I vehemently disagree with you.

Bori, gear gap, and AA's killed PvP. For you to attribute PuG mini's as the ONLY or MAIN cause of the decline in population on the PvP servers is wrong (IMO).
    Last edited by Purplelotus; 12th June 2014 at 20:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplelotus View Post
    Sorry, but there is where I vehemently disagree with you.

Bori, gear gap, and AA's killed PvP. For you to attribute PuG mini's as the ONLY or MAIN cause of the decline in population on the PvP servers is wrong (IMO).
    You can disagree with me all you want, it's still what happened...

Yes, Bori, the gear gap and AAs did do a certain amount of damage to PvP, but the impact of pug minis was far more drastic.

Being able to group with with friends/guildies who knew what they were doing was more then enough to overcome the imbalance caused by the gear and AA gaps because a mini team's ability to win matches was attributed to the level on which they worked together and cooperated, Teamwork was the winning edge in minis games, not anymore, now, after forced pug minis rolled out, it was no longer possible to challenge players who had more AAs and gear than you did, minis became nothing more than lottery games for tokens.

Within weeks of forced pug minis rolling out, more than half of the people I used to group with in pvp were gone or just became part time players, logging on only to be disappointed by what they saw in minis and leaving again, the impact that pug minis had on pvp was far more noticeable then Bori, as bad as Bori was and all...

pug-only minis wiped out more than half the pvp population with in a month, it was insane.

least when you could sign up as a group there was premades every day.

teams forming to try beat the other team to kick them out of the minis, IT WAS CONTENT. and a hell of alot more fun then randoms.

It all comes down to one question: What do you want mini games to be?

a) Competitive group PvP content, or
    b) A token lottery system that hands out free tokens based purely on chance.

Unfortunately, minis today are b), they hand out tokens based purely on the chance that a player ends up on the winning team.

I don't understand the appeal of minis that are pretty much pre-ordained, one team is handed the win on a silver platter and the other team doesn't have a snow balls chance in hell.

If players want a system that just hands them stuff, honestly, why even bother playing? Why are you here? What have you achieved by winning a mini game because the other team was handicapped?
    Are you really proud of yourselves for all your undeserved wins and ill gotten mini game tokens?
    Why are the people in this game so shallow and unscrupulous that they would support a system that unfairly hands tokens, XP and wins to bad players that don't really deserve them?

So far I have seen no good reasons why grouping should not be allowed.
    My arguments in favor of bringing back grouping for mini games are sound and reasonable.

-Players deserve to play with their friends and guild mates without interference. There is nothing illegitimate about playing with ones friends and/or guild mates.

-Age of Conan is a multilayer game and thus should not pander to a lone wolf mentality of game play, especially in group content like minis.

-Teamwork should be required to win, players that sign up solo and play solo have no right to join minis and complain about not being able to compete because other players are in groups.

-Anti-teamwork and anti-competition attitudes should not be rewarded at the expense of players that want to legitimately play the game.

Nothing about pug-only minis make any sense.

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!

blah, logged on, did 3 minis.

all where over in 2mins with afks/leavers/3v6

fun times!

All the arguments against grouping in mini games have been so comprehensively destroyed, just let us group again FFS.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast