Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: End pug-only minis now and forever!

Default End pug-only minis now and forever!

This pug-only nonsense has gone on far too long and it needs to end soon. Mini games are almost unplayable because of all the baddies and crusty players that sign up for them. It makes no sense to divide teams up the way the current system works. How can anyone honestly defend pug-only mini games? How is a system that is based purely on luck fair in anyway? The way minis work now is that you are either lucky and get on a good team, or you get unlucky and and get stuck on a sh1tty team. how is this balanced or fair? Ending pug only minis is not about farming pugs for an easy win, this is a red herring argument by people who fear competition, we simply want to control who we play WITH.

The way minis are today:

-Teams are imbalanced or stacked. The random queue often gives one team all the healers and gives the other team nothing. Most minis games today are hopelessly stacked and end before they even begin.

-A safe haven for baddies. Bad players cannot be held accountable in anyway for being bad or acting in a way that hurts their team. Bad players know that they can join minis and play however they want and that there's really nothing anyone can do about it because they can't be replaced.

- It sets the bar low. The quality of minis has never been worse and keeps getting worse. Pug only minis encourage people to play like lone wolves, completely ignoring the needs of their team mates. In a game that was built from the ground up around teamwork and grouping, this means ever decreasing quality.

- A way to grief. Griefers will use the pug-only queue to punish players they dislike by deliberately playing like sh1t or simply going AFK to sabotage their own team because they know that they can get away with it.

Who really wants to put up with this? pug-only minis have got to go.

What I want to see is a return to a full grouping system that rewards teamwork and gives players an incentive to group up and compete. I want players to be able to control who plays on their team.
    This is not about pug bashing, this is about getting heals when they're needed, about getting a zerg of baddies CC'd off me when needed, about people focusing targets and finishing off a player at 10% HP before he gets away, this is about giving players a fighting chance, it's about fairness...

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!

Also, to show your support for fixing mini game so you can play with your friends and guildies, add "END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!" to your sig. SUPPORT THE CAUSE FOR BETTER MINIS!
    Last edited by -Syd-; 10th June 2014 at 00:20.

This is the only game I know of that prevents you from pvping with your friends In a group based mini games ( the ONLY pvp content left until festival starts) (Daily quest aren't that exciting and mostly lags and bugs)

All other argument about Premade stomping pugs, new players have no chance, people just want casual pvp etc ARE INVALID.

Because pug mini has proven in the past 2-3 years that it failed miserably. look at the players that it produced. Completely unaware of what teamplay is. No one has a clue what to do, I love it when the pug group calls target to "focus" that Tank with flag while completely leaving out their dps class so they all end up getting farmed.

End this randomized non sense pvp. let us sign with atleast 1-2 in a group.

Premades would just stomp pugs and people wouldn't even que anymore. I'd rather have **** pug games than no games. Servers are pretty dead. It's not like theres tons of competitive players left. I mean no one premades now as it is.
    Baadsar New Bear
    Badsar New Carnage Conq
    Bruhski New DT

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Care Bear

+1 let me play with my friends and guildies in pvp same way i can in pve.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Baasar View Post
    Premades would just stomp pugs and people wouldn't even que anymore. I'd rather have **** pug games than no games. Servers are pretty dead. It's not like theres tons of competitive players left. I mean no one premades now as it is.
    So, what you're basically saying is that players shouldn't be allowed to get organized and play with each other because it wouldn't be fair to people who are not organized and have no concept of teamwork what so ever? But aren't good groups SUPPOSED to beat bad groups? Isn't trying to win what games are all about? The mentality that the other team needs to be handicapped to give you a better chance at winning because you think you're entitled to a token is the everyone gets a trophy syndrome at its worst.

It's not like minis aren't imbalanced right now, most mini games are stomp or be stomped because the random queue stacks the teams most of the time anyway, MINIS ARE STOMPFESTS BECAUSE OF THE PUG-ONLY QUEUE.

Your statement that grouping would cause people not want to sign up is also false because the pug-only minis caused far more people to quit then it ever encouraged to start playing.

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post
    So, what you're basically saying is that players shouldn't be allowed to get organized and play with each other because it wouldn't be fair to people who are not organized and have no concept of teamwork what so ever? But aren't good groups SUPPOSED to beat bad groups? Isn't trying to win what games are all about? The mentality that the other team needs to be handicapped to give you a better chance at winning because you think you're entitled to a token is the everyone gets a trophy syndrome at its worst.

It's not like minis aren't imbalanced right now, most mini games are stomp or be stomped because the random queue stacks the teams most of the time anyway, MINIS ARE STOMPFESTS BECAUSE OF THE PUG-ONLY QUEUE.

Your statement that grouping would cause people not want to sign up is also false because the pug-only minis caused far more people to quit then it ever encouraged to start playing.

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!
    Knock it off. There are premade queues and just because you cannot get an opponent does not mean you should be allowed to pug stomp.

IMO, what we need is 2v2 minis or 3v3 minis. That might be more worthwhile. Please stop trying to team up against pugs. It's a silly approach to pvp IMO.

I have to agree. I'm playing Neverwinter right now, and when I join a domination match and the other team is a premade it is pretty terrible. People sit on the pad.

What needs to happen is incentive to play tournament mode. Right now it doesn't matter reward wise. Maybe double the reward, or reward everyone for participating. That may encourage some people to try.

There are people that do nothing but play this game and become amazing players in pvp. I see some players that are just beast. A newbie coming in has no chance at winning. AoC is kinda a lone with this, other games are easier to pick up and compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Baasar View Post
    This...

I remember the days of signing up for mini games only to face a Carnage premade... Pug vs Carnage... LOL

Their argument always was... Get your own premade... Well, that just doesn't work for casual PvPers...

I would only request to have it so I could queue with ONE friend... That's it!

And I agree, give more incentive for those that want to premade each other... Only problem is the fact that there aren't really that many competitive players around anymore...

PUG vs premade... Gawd... That is and will always be the stupidest idea ever. Evening mini games are already dead... As soon as a premade group was roflstomping pugs... That'd be it...

Why does history repeat itself? Because lame brains have forgotten or never experienced the total fail of pug vs premade...
    Last edited by Rohaus; 10th June 2014 at 02:34.

ITT: OP wants to be carried so he can continue to farm pvp1 clothies and not have to back up his group.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    ITT: OP wants to be carried so he can continue to farm pvp1 clothies and not have to back up his group.
    You're so bad it's not even funny. You just don't want grouping in PvP because you know that no good group will ever invite you, how sad. Literally, the only way you can ever compete in minis is to handicap the other team, you're the very definition of a loser. You just feel entitled to win mini games, that's it.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast