Thread: World Bosses feeling laggy ? Try this !

Default World Bosses feeling laggy ? Try this !

If you find that when you encounter a World Boss with a gazillion other players, and are experiencing enough lag to insulate your loft space then try this small adjustment.

Hit the 'esc' key until your menu appears, then select "Video "Options",and then the "Advanced" tab.
    About half way down, find "Particles", and untick "Enable World Particles", and adjust "Limit Spell Particle Effects To" to "Don't Show Anything".
    Further down, near the bottom, find the "View Ranges" and adjust the slider for "High Quality View Distance" from its usual 75% down to 0%.

Then click on OK and "Resume Game". You might find the sound which accompanies spells & casting is muted.

This only takes a moment to do, and is easy enough to reverse when you want to go back to questing / grinding.

This adjustment may not be quite as pretty on the eye, but it may help with the massive lag people are experiencing.

Hope this works as well for you as it did for me.

Does help if your FPS is low, but it will not help on Latency.

Yeah, world boss makes everything laggy. It took nearly a full hour just to fill a Warmonks Monastery group.

Quote Originally Posted by Villith View Post
    Yeah, world boss makes everything laggy. It took nearly a full hour just to fill a Warmonks Monastery group.
    U had the patience to wait 1 hour? lol...damn...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    U had the patience to wait 1 hour? lol...damn...
    Especially for a warmonk run, how boring it is...

What also helps a lot in my experience is turning off all floating player names, guild names and healthbars. This increases my FPS a lot.

About the worldparticles: I hope Funcom takes this in consideration for next instances. Turning off worldparticles on the last fight in Wyrm or in the Emperors room in T4 increases your FPS significantly because of all the fine 'dust' floating trough the air.