Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Discuss! Game Director Letter - May 2014

Giving different pvp streaks to regular minis and the tournament mode is clever and crazy enough that it might work. After all one of the main issues with tournament mode is "same reward, more effort"
    Retired

I'd not say it's crazy. Worked perfect with RA/TA or HA in Guild Wars. Encouraging people to play for win and not prolong fights (because if you do, you get play less games ergo you get less rewars) could be aid for both k/d whoring and rez pad farms. And putting 1st win in Tournament mode in line with e.q. 5 streak in random minigame would attract more people there. As long as that streaks will get new, visible stat to show around. Give achievements now.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Redd. Two things. Lootwhore isn't someone who do things for loot. I would say it's normal behavior if you want to be rewarded for your activity. For me lootwhore is someone who avoids any activity that doesn't give them loot. Someone who who will join you only if they can get some new shiny epic, but will decline everything if they won't see place for their personal gain.

And about conversation t1->t5. Could be simple. Like Rare Relic/Tear. Let's leave that exclusive for certain tier. And make it required part not only for big pieces, but also weapons and accessories. But that just one of suggestion, first that comes to mind. There may be something better. But there is no need that all new gear, new combos, new vanity, new pets would need you to do newest tier if you don't have chance or skills to do that.

And ofc relics exchanges to highest tier don't need to be add same day with new raid. But e.q. 3 months of t5 simples being exclusive to Cetriss seems fair. Then comes vendor. Rare relics after year.
    Yep agree with you, but regarding World bosses and lootwhoring, I meant AFK-ers who just hit the boss once and go back to res pad. Its simply badly designed mechanic if you ask me, you dont have to do anything just hit boss once and let the others do the job for you.

Yea. I don't like leechers either. But I don't think its majority of players. And even if there would be some anti afk mechanic present world bosses would be still popular. Maybe not so much to create 12 instanes, but wouldn't be hard to farm them as much as it's possible now.
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

KD whore players not need any reward, coz a 90% of them have 10 PvP lvls. New PvP rewards system not help against them.

Ofc it will do if it comes with new visible stat that count streak points and those come only from winning. Just like Gladiator or Hero title in Guild Wars. KD is stat valid only for open world pvp, there is no place for it in team modes.

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Ofc it will do if it comes with new visible stat that count streak points and those come only from winning. Just like Gladiator or Hero title in Guild Wars. KD is stat valid only for open world pvp, there is no place for it in team modes.
    http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=59461

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    I completely agree. Firstly about your thought about the conversion rate (A T1 raid needs to give at least 1 T4 or 2 T3 token to be some kind of incentive) but I like the idea you posted above a lot more.

For me personally T3/T4 tokens are not much of a incentive. I get 12 T4 tokens in about 3 hours if I do a T4 run with my guild. What would be very much an incentive for me is if I would need lower tier tokens to buy accessories or weapons. This would actually get me raiding in lower tiers with my well-geared chars.

Almost everyone wants at least 1 or 2 things on his/her main they have never been able to get their hands on due to bad luck or it being frowned upon if your class takes this. For me this would we the wisdom priest neck from Entity and the prot/hate neck from archfiend on my DT.

If I had to put values for your wxyz I would say 60 T4, 30 T3, 10 T2 and 7 T1 tokens for a T4/T3.5 weapon or accessory. This would force me to raid T4 or T3.5 quite regularly and do about 2 runs in all other tiers.

I think encouraging the end-game population to mix with the beginners is a very good idea to create a bigger player retention.
    - Beginners get better raids without ninja-looting: I would likely lead these T1/T2 raids myself.
    - Beginners get an idea what end-game characters are capable of, which can encourage them to practice and improve.
    - The veterans can give some advise to the beginners. Personally when people ask I don't mind sharing good builds or at the least they will see how a encounter is supposed to work.
    - They might apply to one of the guilds which will help them progress further.

Without a carrot dangling in front of me I just don't feel like putting in the time and effort to lead a T1/T2 which I have done dozens of times and I think many people feel the same way.
    Nothing's more demorilising than logging on and seeing 20 of your guild solo'ing Khitai conent, then logging off without so much of a hi, only to return for raids. Or ignore your plea's for groups.

Too many people focus on their target items and forget to just take a breathe and muck around trying crazy stuff with other people!

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    Nothing's more demorilising than logging on and seeing 20 of your guild solo'ing Khitai conent, then logging off without so much of a hi, only to return for raids. Or ignore your plea's for groups.

Too many people focus on their target items and forget to just take a breathe and muck around trying crazy stuff with other people!
    Xeque-mate,touché +1

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post

Maybe time to find a new home ?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast