Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using mouse wheel for bind

Default Using mouse wheel for bind

Looks like in AOc, mouse wheel can't be used to bind skill or ability, anyone knows a software or a trick so that I can use the wheel ? I'm used to bind wheel up, wheel down, wheel clic, ctrl up, down, click and shift up, down, click ... loosing 9 bind is just a nightmare when it comes to pvp :/

Most recent mice have drivers software that allows to do that. You can switch profile and attribute whatever key you want to whatever mouse boutton you have. Unless you have a very old mouse, you should be able to do that. (It also depend of the brand I guess. For instance, even very basic logitech mice usually have it, but it might not be the case for a $10 microsoft mouse, idk)
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Sadly, i do have a crappy mouse so no software came with it

Auto hotkey open source allows you to rebind any key, including mouse wheel. Google it.
    Retired

thanks, It helps butt I sitll have some issue.

I have created a script that works fine, In the chat ingame, the wheel move give the mapped keystroke, but when linked to a slot in the skill bar, It seems to only work once in a while.

For example, I map wheelUp on "K", then map K to ability bar 1.

If I put switch weapon on bar 1 slot and wheel up, It switch weapon, If I wheel up again, nothing happen, I actualy have to really press the K key to trigger it again :/ any idea of what migth be th problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by eylir66 View Post
    thanks, It helps butt I sitll have some issue.

I have created a script that works fine, In the chat ingame, the wheel move give the mapped keystroke, but when linked to a slot in the skill bar, It seems to only work once in a while.

For example, I map wheelUp on "K", then map K to ability bar 1.

If I put switch weapon on bar 1 slot and wheel up, It switch weapon, If I wheel up again, nothing happen, I actualy have to really press the K key to trigger it again :/ any idea of what migth be th problem ?
    mm

it sounds to me like auto hot hey is holding K in, instead of just tapping it. if that makes sence

I also can't get it to work with combos, but works great for buffs/stealth/dash
    Retired

Try this:
    ~whatevermousewheelupiscalledinhotkey::
    SendPlay {Blind}K

I use X-mouse control (http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/X...tonControl.htm). It's free and very easy to use!

I keybind mouse wheel and 2 side mouse keys (default forward/back for browsing). So I have 3 extra keys now.

well sendplay didn't work for me but here is a script that works for those interested (note + is shift for the script), still trying to figure out how to make it work with ctrl but i won't need it until I get tyhe 5 attack direction

SendMode, Input
    return

WheelUp::Send n
    WheelDown::Send l
    +WheelUp::Send v
    +WheelDown::Send b

Anyway, thanks for the help and advice !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast