Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PVP experience requirement for Leveling

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey- View Post
    A player can earn about 40k pvp exp if he/she is a full-time pvper (no flag-botting required , just effort to win - excluding bori ). It just requires LOTS of dedication >< , if uve done it once and twice and ... u might get a bit sad (:'p) on your N*th toon's progress
    I maybe got close to 30k or a little over one day with minis alone, but that was without using any +pvp exp mods, I started minis around 7 or 8 am and played until close to 7pm that night, this is when I like 4%-5% away from pvp 10. I just got lucky and won most of the 30+ minis I did that day and had about 6 sags.

You don't get very much exp outside sag without the quest, so once you finish the pvp mini game quests it's not very good experience. And on Fury where the frequency of minis can change per time zone for a while, it would be harder to get chain minis like on Crom.

Playing those kinds of hours more than a few times a month is just not realistic for most. I will add that the skulls from the festival events and the daily world pvp events are a much better way to get pvp exp, especially if you save them for when you have over +100% pvp mods and just consume them all at once.

But the overall pvp exp per level past pvp 7 is trololol.
    Doomsayer 2008

The thing is i have 0 desire to pvp level any of my alts. Dcuo took a novel approach to the flawed pvp gear system they had in place for awhile. They took the highest tier pvp gear and made it the lowest tier pvp gear and buyable with game currency. so basically you cpuld get it right out of the gate. then they added a few more tiers making it less grindy. While this felt like a slap to those of us who ground our asses off to get to tier 4 pvp it did close the gap between vets and new players significantly and overall wasnt bad at all. gave some of us who werent screaming babies more incentive to keep playing (and paying)
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    The thing is i have 0 desire to pvp level any of my alts. Dcuo took a novel approach to the flawed pvp gear system they had in place for awhile. They took the highest tier pvp gear and made it the lowest tier pvp gear and buyable with game currency. so basically you cpuld get it right out of the gate. then they added a few more tiers making it less grindy. While this felt like a slap to those of us who ground our asses off to get to tier 4 pvp it did close the gap between vets and new players significantly and overall wasnt bad at all. gave some of us who werent screaming babies more incentive to keep playing (and paying)
    yep i dont play any alts below pvp 4 cus gear grind is awfull and even playing pvp 4-5 is horrible since low aa and most t1 sets look horrible
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Exactly, this guy [Kellisia] created four topics to say basically that he does not want to put much effort into playing.
    PVP experience is a bit fast at 0-2, but very balanced at later levels. If something should be done, then it is certainly NOT speeding it up.

Go to Bori and buy experience books or participate in PVP events to fill your inventory with PVP skulls.

Getting to 10 without Bori is not hard though, and the speed of levelling should be at that value.
    LunaticAsylumLa all you do is troll things, There are vets who will not even attempt a new pvp 10 after having one due to the insanity of the grind. So Troll all you want. Nobody really cares what you have to say. An from the looks of it theres more supporters looking for Higher amount of xp giving, or looking to get this nerf on the requirement.

Took someone 4 years to obtain a pvp10. I guess that person has work and real life to deal with. Some of the Age of conan players are also Military. An when they are deployed they end up behind everyone. An if future content is to come. Both side players PVP/PVE the Grind is going to increase. Thus causing them to choose. Pve or pvp side of the game. So next time you want to troll and stalk my post. Think harder to those who have jobs and life outside of Age of conan. Im sure they would like to move forward too in this game with out So much grind.

Agreed. age of conan is the grindiest mmo ever made. Instead of dumping bori on us they should have just lowered the xp requirements and increased gains achieved from actual pvp activities like world pvp and minigames. I know i quote dcuo alot but i wish i could take the positive aspects of that game (too many to list) and put them in this game. mainly lack if insane grind.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Khalisia, people have two or three jobs, serve the military, have families and hobbies; but how is it an argument towards progression in a game for everyone? This is really off the topic.

Veterans and people with free time should always have the advantage over those who play for one hour and do not even bother leading a group or two for the easiest instances, ending up the worst on parsers. That said, I do not have much free time myself; and I accept that there are things that I shall never get in the game.

Still, getting to level 3 is lightning fast. To 6 is easy. Past 6 is engaging, but you have not much to fight for: the gear there will not give you much power.

Age of Conan, after all the latest changes, addresses both casual and hardcore audiences. There is no feeling of "grinding" for both of the sides.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

10 is inaccessible to the casual player.

The math of the xp requirements means that 7+ is difficult to access for the casual player.

Making any aspect of the game inaccessible to casual and new players is bad for Funcom, bad for the population. Even the ahrdcore players who benefit in the short run from having access to the very best get the shaft in the end when the plebs beneath them move on.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123