Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Necro dots in pvp

Default Necro dots in pvp

Edit by Anzu: No names. afflicts you with Flesh to Worms (Rank 5)Edit by Anzu: No names.'s Flesh to Worms (Rank 5) crits you for 528 unholy damage. x28 523-338-523-527-480-527-485-531-375-409-535....total 8800 life plus the heals i gOT the dagamat.NICE PLAY WITH OUT EVEN BE ARROUND.we have some players like Edit by Anzu: No names. who is problem with their "special"abilities we have and necro who kill with out even be arround.
    so one dot from at4 necro and i lose all my life for 40 seconds just wait to die with out the player be even arround.
    it would be nice an official comment.
    in minis t4 necros and t3 pvp necros get 30 plus kills with out even be arround so maby is time to start think something -if ypou gona nerf tts in ranger you should think about the instant casts from demos and ofcourse the NECROS DOTS .
    Last edited by Anzu; 31st May 2014 at 17:48.
    guild FAT GOATS
    ::: Server Crom
    ::: Main Chars:
    - nikkoss (GUARDIAN)pvp10
    - TAMPLAS (CONQUEROR)pvp3
    - polarbear(bs)pvp3
    - Strikke (Assa)pvp6
    - papanikos (POM)pvp2
    - Sweet (Tos)pvp2
    - Killbo (Barb)pvp5
    - grfury(Demo)pvp5
    - nickoss (DT)pvp6
    - sfaliara (ranger)pvp4
    - Lun (Hox)pvp3
    - Lin(Nek)pvp2

Other games have a nice solution, when it comes to poisons or curses.
    First you could give them a "powerlevel" according to lvl and magic damage, depending on the caster.
    Then you could have either this level get weaker over time, till poison/curse is gone or you can add mechanics to "remove poison/curse", which could reduce the power level of the dot, but this time depending on the healer/item power.
    Guess we will just end up with a big nerf instead which will not hurt the t4 necros, but all other necros from lvl5 to new 80.

Necro and dt are so broken classes from inside, and only gear or AA fixes them to level with others, i mean look at dt without vom, it does bring up aleready what dt was hundreds of years ago, same with necro without chilling breath,

when u get 5/5 on it its just hilarious

randoms chill crit u for 3500, randoms icestrike crits u 3400,

boom instant death + 40 sec dots on me

what funcom need to do is rewamp dt and necro asap.

and funny thing is that healers are ALWAYS IN SAME TEAM WITH NECRO. just happened little while ago, x2 healer in same team with necro.
    and ofc my team had no healer at all,
    The Law

nothing is easier to kill than a necro
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by sfaliara View Post
    ... 528 ... x28 523-338-523-527-480-527-485-531-375-409-535....total 8800 life...i lose all my life for 40 seconds
    One tick every 2 seconds for a total of 35.5 seconds (lvl5 perk).

Healing pots:

- lvl60 => 405, then 68 every second (120 every 2 seconds) for 60 seconds
    - guild lvl60 => 415, then 70 every second (140 every 2 seconds) for 120 seconds

Either way, that's 1/3 of the dot's damage nullified.

Basic HoT spells (BS in my case):

- green => 64 every second (128 every 2 seconds) for 25 seconds (can and should be active all the time)
    - blue => 180, then 93 every second (186 every 2 seconds) for 20.5 seconds (can and should be active all the time)

Not counting the first ticks, it's 434 every 2 seconds. So you took 8800 damage points, but (with a correct team and some basic thinking) should have been healed for 9445 hp.

Necro dots are easily overhealed, as you can see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

dots should stop when the person who did them is dead. goes for all classes.

the fact that some dude can have 18min dots is really stupid.

adjustments to necro were on testlive and looked good, hopefully soon they hit live so trolls who dot and go hide can stop leaching kills
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    One tick every 2 seconds for a total of 35.5 seconds (lvl5 perk).

Healing pots:

- lvl60 => 405, then 68 every second (120 every 2 seconds) for 60 seconds
    - guild lvl60 => 415, then 70 every second (140 every 2 seconds) for 120 seconds

Either way, that's 1/3 of the dot's damage nullified.

Basic HoT spells (BS in my case):

- green => 64 every second (128 every 2 seconds) for 25 seconds (can and should be active all the time)
    - blue => 180, then 93 every second (186 every 2 seconds) for 20.5 seconds (can and should be active all the time)

Not counting the first ticks, it's 434 every 2 seconds. So you took 8800 damage points, but (with a correct team and some basic thinking) should have been healed for 9445 hp.

Necro dots are easily overhealed, as you can see.
    Yes, but the dotted char is still at a disadvantage when he/she fights undotted ones and not just waits out the dot and even counts on his/her team to help all the while...

I would not like dots to disappear when source is dead...but you could let them tick away at lesser power for example. Or give the dotted char some "resistance" rolls to counter the poison/curse since the power behind them is gone. Could be a mechanic for all dots, if you do not want to introduce cleansing or cure spells or potions.

@Tomhet:
    A shame they removed f2p access to TL, you can not even comment (good or bad) now anymore. What changes are incoming?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Yes, but the dotted char is still at a disadvantage when he/she fights undotted ones and not just waits out the dot and even counts on his/her team to help all the while...
    We agree on that. But being at a disadvantage (like having debuffs from a dead conqueror) is part of team pvp. Dying from necro dots shows a serious lack of knowledge of the game, or an even more serious lack of wits.

Unless of course he purposely avoided to mention some things.
    Last edited by Nephturi; 31st May 2014 at 19:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Flesh to Worms / Infestation
    The base debuff timer for both these abilities has been reduced to 20 seconds.
    also infestation is getting new icon. still hoping they do something to frozen hatred, no confirmation on that yet.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast