Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP Premade Tournament - Crom server

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    About Blood Ravine Im glad to play premade there to see people's starting strategy as that will be deciding the outcome of the match pretty much.
    what???
    there is only one strategy grab flag camp rez pad, back when people could sign up as a team this would be the most used tactic because that is only advantage of this map, its dreadfull map because of it.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Can you avoid to troll at least this thread please?
    and where is it trolling to state i dont want to play with you, i dont.
    your tornament is a flop from start you should just make 3 maps

hv-flag
    lt-flag
    hv-deathmatch

other maps are crap for premades

eventualy tt-deathmatch

bloodravine is the worst map ever.
    Last edited by -tomhet-; 13th June 2014 at 13:56.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    and where is it trolling to state i dont want to play with you, i dont.
    your tornament is a flop from start you should just make 3 maps

hv-flag
    lt-flag
    hv-deathmatch

other maps are crap for premades

eventualy tt-deathmatch

bloodravine is the worst map ever.
    And when I asked you to play with me?

Ok, you don't like me.

I asked for constructive feedback.
    As I wrote in first topic, I have no experience in this (zero).
    So your observation about maps could be true of course.
    I just need more people feedback to undeestand if it's a real issue, since I can't base it on my own experience (I don't have).

As I said, I asked for constructive feedback.
    Offending, trolling and spitting on what someone is doing is not constructive feedback.
    It's just acting as an idiot.

You don't trust me of course, but I'm just doing this to let people have fun. My personal fun is like 1:100 compared to this effort and all the issues that will come out.

So please, give constructive comments (that means explain what is wrong according to you, but with correct mood) and keep your hate about me or anyone else out of this thread.
    Before I completely regret doing this, because of having to do with idiots like you.

Thanks, and please
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 13th June 2014 at 14:09.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Thats your view on the case, Tomhet. I like the map. Fun with some change to the usual maps.
    It's not set in stone how to start off this map. Though rangers kinda breaks many possible strategies.

Im excited to play it. But Im not gonna cry if Korando decides to remove it, I see the reasoning. Maybe add a rule you're not allowed to camp with your flag on the inside of the stairs by your base. Take a screenshot and draw a line.
    When you host a tournament like this there has to be some kind of ruling. As long as you keep it simple enough. This game isn't perfect, we all know. As with Totem Torrent it's bugged.

I don't think BR is that bad, because the same thing is virtually happening on all other maps, just to a lesser extent.

About the argument I've heard about the map being to open. Not nesseccarily if you force/lure your enemy into secluded space, at the edge of the map, or in the middle where this is a wall.
    People only know this map from pugs.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 13th June 2014 at 14:10.

As I said, I asked for constructive feedback.
    Offending, trolling and spitting on what someone do is not constructive feedback.
    so far i didnt say anything about you did i?
    i gave you my constructive feedback take it or leave it.

breaking totem in totem torrent is massive turn off its main fault of that map, most fun i ever have in that map in premades and pugs is full out deathmatch.

bloodravine is shiittiest map ever, still haunts me the massive waste of time i had when sanguis atexxo premades were always doing same thing grab flag camp rez, dont expect any diferent tactics because that is only tactic that map allows.

and no i wont team up with not in pvp and not in pve after your blessed feedback on your previous guild.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I see Tomhet reasoning aswell, but honestly it is just 1 map out of 5.
    It can create some diversity (repeating just HV and LT all the time in each fight could be boring in long term) and can open some strategies about swapping chars etc.

Set a rule about not bringing flag inside pad is not an option: someone will forget, because of rule his team will loose the game with following rage, hate etc.

Let's see what more people thinks about removing the map (I would prefer to keep it).

About Totem Torrent, one option is to transform that game into a deatmatch (instead of destroy the totem).
    The idea is that winner is the team with more kills when game ends (whatever Totem is Destroyed or not).

Again, waiting for feedback.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 13th June 2014 at 14:24.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Set a rule about not bringing flag inside pad is not an option: someone will forget, because of rule his team will loose the game with following rage, hate etc.
    Why this isn't an option I don't understand at all. People will forget? Sounds like a lame excuse.
    If you enter a tournament with a certain rule, you follow that rule or you stay ignorant and take a loss (other team post screenshot)

It's not that hard. When you host a tournament you need to have some rules when the game by nature isn't optimized fully for this type of play.
    About the critpots I understand as some consider them part of this game now. Still...

If you want to make Blood Ravine happen, I say this is your option. Personally I'd love to play the map. Only thing is map has to be tweaked. Funcom sure didn't over the years, what's to stop us from taking the step?

Like this:
    http://i58.tinypic.com/wwkgtk.jpg
    http://i60.tinypic.com/34t30qd.jpg

I think anyone will agree adding simple rule like this would make Blood Ravine more interesting.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 13th June 2014 at 16:10.

Again, waiting for feedback.
    check your mail .
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Why this isn't an option I don't understand at all. People will forget? Sounds like a lame excuse.
    If you enter a tournament with a certain rule, you follow that rule or you stay ignorant and take a loss (other team post screenshot)

It's not that hard. When you host a tournament you need to have some rules when the game by nature isn't optimized fully for this type of play.
    About the critpots I understand as some consider them part of this game now. Still...

If you want to make Blood Ravine happen, I say this is your option. Personally I'd love to play the map. Only thing is map has to be tweaked. Funcom sure didn't over the years, what's to stop us from taking the step?

Like this:
    http://i58.tinypic.com/wwkgtk.jpg
    http://i60.tinypic.com/34t30qd.jpg

I think anyone will agree adding simple rule like this would make Blood Ravine more interesting.
    Forget my bad example, but without a clear limit imposed by game mechanic about the space where flag is allowed, it's too difficult to apply a rule like that you described.

I like your effort, but I really want to apply only rules which are easy to understand, clear and not debatable (like: "guy x was 1 meter after allowed space", "no he was not!" etc).

So about BR map it is: use it as Funcom designed it or skip it.

About TT instead I'm thinking to use it as deathmatch map.

I'd like to stick with 5 games.

Waiting for feedback from more people.

If someone post a screenshot of a flagger inside or not, you're the man calling it. Anything too close should be considered too close.
    There's not much to debate.

Anyone with respect to tournament rules will hold their distance.

All Im saying I'll be disappointed, cause Blood Ravine would surely be more enjoyable like this.
    You're changing Totem Torrents design? Why not BR.

Also don't give me this crap "not easy enough to understand". First of all, any chipmunk can understand the screenshots posted.
    Secondly if you want I can make screenshot even clearer ^_^ (with the tunnel on the side)

EDIT: It's not so much about the borders, it's the concept of: stay the away from the damn respad!
    Last edited by Lurvi; 13th June 2014 at 18:11.

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast