Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP Premade Tournament - Crom server

Quote Originally Posted by EnReX View Post
    Food buffs etc should be fine.
    But 5% crit pots and combat rating pots? that creates a massive imbalance. It's not hard to see if someone uses it, its really the first thing I see when i click on a guy. Makes no sense having this major imbalance in a tournament.

Also i like the removal of class stacking for rogue and mages, is great.

Though it would be nice if there was a way to allow 1 guy to be allowed to play more then one char without taking up more then 1 slot on a 10 player team.
    its easier to allow them then to not allow them. How can you expect everyone to make sure no ones running them? and who would want to cancel ones if they have them running?

Be realistic man, its really not a big deal, if you think it is.. run them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Alts of a same player take one spot.
    I assume you mean that if said player signs with 2 chrs he will occupy 2 spots in the roster submitted?

Its too limiting imo Pls note my only concern is being able to actually play those matches.

10 PLAYERS (not chars) is a good amount to ensure that matches will almost always happen on time. Like i said in some post above, if you submit chars and not players, roster will be too small (possibly even limited to 6 ppl if all sign up with main +1 alt). There is no way everyone can be online every day at the same time.

Moreover, lets say a team submits 12 chars belonging to different players. And on match day no priest char is available. Or tank. How do you resolve this in any other way than just postponing the match?

If you really want to keep rosters submitted as chars, you should increase the limit even more imo, to let at least 8-10 ppl signing up with 2 chrs each.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Quote Originally Posted by AggroMagnet View Post
    I assume you mean that if said player signs with 2 chrs he will occupy 2 spots in the roster submitted?

Its too limiting imo Pls note my only concern is being able to actually play those matches.

10 PLAYERS (not chars) is a good amount to ensure that matches will almost always happen on time. Like i said in some post above, if you submit chars and not players, roster will be too small (possibly even limited to 6 ppl if all sign up with main +1 alt). There is no way everyone can be online every day at the same time.

Moreover, lets say a team submits 12 chars belonging to different players. And on match day no priest char is available. Or tank. How do you resolve this in any other way than just postponing the match?

If you really want to keep rosters submitted as chars, you should increase the limit even more imo, to let at least 8-10 ppl signing up with 2 chrs each.
    then dont sign up if you do not think you will be on enough...

make your own tourny if you do not like the rules

**NOTE: rules are draft. Final version will be posted by June 20 (if some people shows interest of course). Please provide suggestions in this thread, I'm completely unexp about this stuff **
    Waiting for more feedback.
    tenchars...
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    stop been so negative and looking for everything and anything to cry about
    I have my concerns, you're free to post yours

^_^

I agree with the Jeze on chars restrictions. For the same reason you don't forbid 5% crit pots. It's easier. Easier to get teams rolling if you allow some of their alts to play. More flexibility.

It's easier to get an event going when it's flexible. If there are too many rules and restrictions the event becomes tedious and players stop showing up for them.

And is it really that much of an issue to have more chars playing? I mean AoC is a small world. I'm sure you'll know almost everyone participating well enough to trust, at least, part of the team to be honest with the players joining.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    I agree with the Jeze on chars restrictions. For the same reason you don't forbid 5% crit pots. It's easier. Easier to get teams rolling if you allow some of their alts to play. More flexibility.

It's easier to get an event going when it's flexible. If there are too many rules and restrictions the event becomes tedious and players stop showing up for them.

And is it really that much of an issue to have more chars playing? I mean AoC is a small world. I'm sure you'll know almost everyone participating well enough to trust, at least, part of the team to be honest with the players joining.
    List must stick with chars name (not players) for reason I explained in a previous post.

Imo the chars number limit adds some depth to the team forming process.
    Anyway I understand your considerations; what is doable is to extend again the max number of players allowed.
    I guess we can be all happy with 16?!? (that's really alot imo)
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 12th June 2014 at 13:13.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Its not about being happy, its about efficiency and flexibility so we can actually play and have fun

Dont get me wrong, Id be happy even with 10, i just have concerns about availability of players on match days.

16 should be fine, you can have for example 6 ppl signing up with 2 chrs and 4 signing with only their main which should ensure enough flexibility.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

First post updated, new max number of chars allowed 16.
    This is now final (will not be changed again).

Please Night Crabs post your list updated.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Imo the chars number limit adds some depth to the team forming process.
    I agree with you on that. I really enjoyed the first years when peeps only PvPed with one char thus fighting in a more brutal and raw manner. But since optimisation is at stake here, it has its limits

Anyway nice initiative and good luck with it !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast