Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: premade tournament(Fury)

You guys are missing the important reason why tournament mini won't work.

People want to take the easy way out, there is no denying that. They do NOT want to improve, why bother improving? Just grind to high pvp level and get gear they will still do lots of dmg. There is no incentives to get better atm. If they face a stronger team in PUG mini they just simply sit out, hide, or leave the match.

It is the mentally of today's society that caused this. No one wants to work for something if they do not have to. Like the Fatties here in Merica, why eat healthy and work when you can just be fat, and take welfare checks? They take the easy way out.

Humans are supposed to be competitive, if you people ever knew any of us good pvpers, we came from competitive backgrounds. Mostly all played sports in school, most lift weights, and most are in the army/marines. We keep competition going. With any company/business, competition is what brings the quality out.

Back 4-5 years ago in AOC you were forced to improve at pvp in order to do better. There WAS no easy way out,( maybe some people exploit but that's very minor) You can't just grind gear back then and be good because gear didn't matter at all. You were forced to make friends, join guild and make your premade so you can work on teamplay. How do you think carnage, asylum, US or any other great premade dominating guild started? They all came from different places and probably got slaughtered when they first played pvp in this game and was forced to get better find a group of like minded players and work on teamwork.

I honestly think it is too late now. Its been what 3 years since premade was taken away. Majority if not all players currently playing are already used to the "PUG" randomized mini. Their entire playstyle is catered to PUG Edit by Anzu: No names allowed. to only name a few.

Maybe just let us sign with 1-2 friends.

People just don't want competition these days, and its understandable for casual game play for fun. But this game by no means is balanced for casual players to have fun. Most casual players got to 80 end up getting slaughtered so bad in the past couple years they just quit the game.
    Last edited by Anzu; 30th May 2014 at 22:58.

i keep hearing " its not fair if people group with there friends and farm minis"

makes me wonder:
    1- why do you think you deserve a token/win if you cant actually win?
    2- why do you not try to get better at the game instead of just coin flipping minis?
    3- are the people complaining about groups the same ones that leave game the second they are losing in pugs?

Quote Originally Posted by spaart View Post
    you guys are missing the important reason why tournament mini won't work.

People want to take the easy way out, there is no denying that. They do not want to improve, why bother improving? Just grind to high pvp level and get gear they will still do lots of dmg. There is no incentives to get better atm. If they face a stronger team in pug mini they just simply sit out, hide, or leave the match.

It is the mentally of today's society that caused this. No one wants to work for something if they do not have to. Like the fatties here in merica, why eat healthy and work when you can just be fat, and take welfare checks? They take the easy way out.
    You're right about this being a mentality/attitude thing. I really think that the average player in this game is so unscrupulous, greedy and selfish on the subconscious level that it's not possible for them to grasp the concept of teamwork, or to understand its importance. people don't use CCs or heals to help their team mates because they don't care enough to do so, they don't see the benefit to them in helping others, they have absolutely no concern for the way their badness affects the quality of the game for players around them. Nothing sucks worse than getting somebody like that on your team. Trashies even carry this attitude with them into PvE.

People play like lazy slobs because pug-only minis let them get away with it, it used to be that you could simply replace them with a friend you knew and trusted, to bad this is no longer possible.

Minis are so bad today there are times that I don't even want to bother with them. It's a real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    i keep hearing " its not fair if people group with there friends and farm minis"

makes me wonder:
    1- why do you think you deserve a token/win if you cant actually win?
    2- why do you not try to get better at the game instead of just coin flipping minis?
    3- are the people complaining about groups the same ones that leave game the second they are losing in pugs?
    Because some people can only compete by putting unfair restrictions and burdens on other people. It's disgusting.

Talking

Focus tanks!!!!
    Nojoda pvp 10 Barb
    Pooba pvp 10 Pom
    Elosso pvp 10 BS
    Kotech pvp 10 DT
    Deeky pvp 8 Necro
    Beefstikk pvp 10 Guard
    Beefchief pvp 10 Conq
    Denoid pvp 8 Ranger
    Mousecop pvp 9 Hox

Bah i completely disagree with competiton as exclusive part of the game. I don't play to compete. When i'm competing ... well i'm not playing. Competition too often kills the sport.
    It's like football (soccer) where all those pricks, fall to the grown grabing their knees, faking pain every ten seconds to get a free kick or penalty. Great atheletes but makes you sick of the game. Last football game i remember enjoying watching was Japan vs Spain during the olympics. Japan team was playing like crazy ninjas, you could see they where enjoying themselves (and they won !).
    I remember those tedious minis where both team had flags but one team was winning with a couple of kills so hugged their rezpads instead of seeking battle.
    Or those guilds where good payers stack. They all bunch up together instead of fighting each others and then feel so awesome and complain about the lack of competition. And when a good player arise from a smaller guild, 8 out of 10 times he'll end up in the 'OP guild'... pretty much like in real life where when a small club trains a player, they see him get baught by a bigger club as soon as he's 'too good' for his initial team.

Competition isn't what brings quality. I'm thinking of high end scientists or artists. They aren't competing with each other, they are actually working with each other. Using the work of their colleague to improve and discover.

But to be actually exact my problem with competition is how it drives towards professionnalisation. When that arrives the mindset shifts and the fun factor becomes less and less important. Skilled amateurs lose their place. And those skilled amateurs are actually what makes competition viable. You need players accepting to be eternal thirds or else you wouldn't have any other country than Kenya lining up runners for 10.000m races.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post
    People play like lazy slobs because pug-only minis let them get away with it
    This is so true. People are not striving anymore.

Vali make good points and all, but where are you going with it...?
    Last edited by Lurvi; 1st June 2014 at 22:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    This is so true. People are not striving anymore.

Vali make good points and all, but where are you going with it...?
    He's saying not everyone who enjoys pvp is the pro Jich thinks he is, and that just because a handful of players can compete on that level does not mean that everyone should or can.

According to Jich, if you can't make a premade and beat their best you don't deserve to progress in pvp, which is absolutely nonsense because plenty of newer pvpers are just as decent but have not had the benefit of playing in actual premades because of the pug queues and perhaps never will.

His idea of pvp for this game is way too elitist for the 80% of casual players that make up the population. He missed the real pvp of 2008-2011 and wants the same archaic system back with 1/4 of the population and competition, so he can beat up on pugs all day and hope he gets a real premade once every 20 matches...

The only reason lack of skill level is lower now is because you can't decide how and when you team up with friends, but to introduce full premades back is not the answer either. Make it so we can sign up with 1-2 friends so there is still team work but still some balance to groups.
    Last edited by Suctum; 1st June 2014 at 22:20.
    Doomsayer 2008

Exclamation incentive incentive

hi guys i have write in all secon for funcom can tree give some incentive for do mini turnament , but again they no give 1 info for it....
    i realy hope they do some incentive for this mini or for mini or trasmute it in mini unchainde only for grp + incentive , more incentive for siege and give 2 option quest for do it :
    first point siege 24 vs 24 with 1 good incentive 3 new token pvp + 3 gold + 50 token bori for who win 1 siege 24 vs 24 / in second point siege 12 vs 12 with incentive 1 new token pvp + 1token min + 25 token bori + 1 gold for team win , plz give your vote for it and maybe funcom give us some newa!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    He's saying not everyone who enjoys pvp is the pro Jich thinks he is, and that just because a handful of players can compete on that level does not mean that everyone should or can.

According to Jich, if you can't make a premade and beat their best you don't deserve to progress in pvp, which is absolutely nonsense because plenty of newer pvpers are just as decent but have not had the benefit of playing in actual premades because of the pug queues and perhaps never will.

His idea of pvp for this game is way too elitist for the 80% of casual players that make up the population. He missed the real pvp of 2008-2011 and wants the same archaic system back with 1/4 of the population and competition, so he can beat up on pugs all day and hope he gets a real premade once every 20 matches...

The only reason lack of skill level is lower now is because you can't decide how and when you team up with friends, but to introduce full premades back is not the answer either. Make it so we can sign up with 1-2 friends so there is still team work but still some balance to groups.
    its no true man , you havent never win with your grp pug vs old premade?
    i realy when old premade are up i can win much time with my grp pug if you esplain at all what you do at start or if you have ppl espert for it!
    i love play pvp with grp of friend

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast