Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: premade tournament(Fury)

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    I'm still not sure about totally remove random minigame queque, since that would mean to force casual / solo players to play versus organized groups, that is break the freedom for some players to play how they like.
    im fully aware about how you dont want this to happen, you would be forced to teamplay instead of your usual gameplay.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    I think it's just that players have grown weary of the game. When you try to organize stuff these days you rarely find anyone to help you out. In PvE it's one sided so it's easier to organise things. But in PvP you need an opponent so anything organised needs to be at least two sided.

Take the PvP league. There were like 30 players participating on a regular basis but only a couple actually organizing them. Or previous events i organized, very often i had players from other guilds i counted on, who actually told me a day or a couple hours before they'd come, tell me 5minuts before the event is supposed to start that they'll actuall go do a BRC or stick with minigames.

I think it's because a raid or mini-games is somehow a sure win. You're sure to get at least some XP out of it if not fun. While player organized events can be really fun but also super tedious with long waiting time... and no loot or tokens to be given.
    And this attitude is, in my opinion, exacerbated by the complete disappearence of guild cohesion when it comes to PvP. For the last couple of years, guilds don't give a **** about the PvP aspect of things besides from the few sieges they organise and eventually the premades that happen between the same few people. Reste of time, so most of the time in PvP, guilds are irrelevant PvP wise and it's just individuals doing what ever they want.

You often see fights where one guild has players on both sides because the individuals have diffrent friends. You often see guildies let their guildies die in PvP because they are friends with the assailant and not with their guildie.
    It makes it much harder to organize things because guilds aren't entities anymore when it comes to PvP.

On Crom i assume this is a bit less of an issue because raids keep people together. But on Fury, where the immense majority of the top players don't give a damn about raids anymore, it's a huge probleme. The lack of guilde spirit is blatant.

I'm not completely blaming the players, i assume it's a normal mindset after 3years of absence of any structured PvP.
    You have really a lot of good points here..
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    im fully aware about how you dont want this to happen, you would be forced to teamplay instead of your usual gameplay.
    Tomhet, I wonder why Funcom hasn't yet banned you for badmouthing about people and even full servers..

Even if you don't post offencive worlds, you are clearly offencive and moderators should really do something about you.

You should not be impressed if people consider you worst than Ringofset considering how you act.
    You truly keep high your guild spirit
    Great Job keep it up.

Can you at least think something new? You are not even more fun to read

More seriously, yes I must improve teamplay wise and it's not something I can learn properly from random minigames.
    That's why I want real premades running, not the full premade vs 6 random farm party your are advocating about (that is not what people who have some real clue about PvP, like Lurvi, are asking about).
    Read previous page of this thread, there are many great suggestions from everyone (it was a nice thread until you started troll as usual..).
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 30th May 2014 at 13:57.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Edit by Anzu: Personal attacks are not allowed on the forums.
    Last edited by Anzu; 30th May 2014 at 22:48.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Edit by Anzu: DSO.
    Last edited by Anzu; 30th May 2014 at 22:52.

Edit by Anzu: DSO.
    Last edited by Anzu; 30th May 2014 at 22:53.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    But on Fury, where the immense majority of the top players don't give a damn about raids anymore, it's a huge probleme. The lack of guilde spirit is blatant.

I'm not completely blaming the players, i assume it's a normal mindset after 3years of absence of any structured PvP.
    dear vali.
    we are more alike then i care to admit.
    when we are all in same server i hope to become a good enemy or friend.
    a server without lowbies guards or pve questers, or open world pve bosses, where we can hate each other in perpetual battle.

when the day comes for final merge let new server be named Valhalla.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

When I saw this thread I sincerely thought someone was willing to put together a "tournament" of sorts for premades, only to be disappointed.

Its an easy enough thing to do though. Just requires a bit of effort and cooperation.

You set up match times a week in advance, with set rules and maps. Players are required to register their team, and substitutes, in a thread. If they don't show up it counts as a loss. Have a bracket to keep track of progress.

To try and get a level playing field there will be three leagues. A P league with recommended pvp levels 8-10, anyone can join, but the best and most geared are the one's who will be signing up. Then there is the B league for pvp levels 1-7, which encourages new and inexperienced players to compete while discouraging veterans to keep off. Lastly is the G league where every member must be in the same guild (policing required). Might be redundant, but it'll serve the purpose of promoting inguild self-sufficiency which is lacking these days.

Advertise in global with those clickable links and in the forums. All you really need is twelve players, but why not go for more?

If this gets any real traction you can introduce seasons then.

This isn't that hard to organize you just need someone who is willing to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by kiebler View Post
    When I saw this thread I sincerely thought someone was willing to put together a "tournament" of sorts for premades, only to be disappointed.

Its an easy enough thing to do though. Just requires a bit of effort and cooperation.

You set up match times a week in advance, with set rules and maps. Players are required to register their team, and substitutes, in a thread. If they don't show up it counts as a loss. Have a bracket to keep track of progress.

To try and get a level playing field there will be three leagues. A P league with recommended pvp levels 8-10, anyone can join, but the best and most geared are the one's who will be signing up. Then there is the B league for pvp levels 1-7, which encourages new and inexperienced players to compete while discouraging veterans to keep off. Lastly is the G league where every member must be in the same guild (policing required). Might be redundant, but it'll serve the purpose of promoting inguild self-sufficiency which is lacking these days.

Advertise in global with those clickable links and in the forums. All you really need is twelve players, but why not go for more?

If this gets any real traction you can introduce seasons then.

This isn't that hard to organize you just need someone who is willing to do it.
    I'm gonna try to start somethink like this soon, on Crom server. I will open a new thread with rules and open subscriptions.
    Something a bit easier to start anyway (no leagues, just a single "league").

Hopefully we will get enough people and something fun going

Btw, I want to try to make it but I have no experience in this, so suggestions like those above are very wellcome.
    Biggest risk is that the thread becomes the usual troll / hate / flame party.. but hopefully I got used enough to that
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 30th May 2014 at 15:25.

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    So you want to remove pug que? What kind of mickey mouse world are you living in? There would not be any minis popping at all without casuals/solos. The population is too small.

While its amusing to read your ramblings, you act more and more like a comeplete Edit by Anzu: dog. Acting like you have all the answers, when all you have is the answers for you. The second I am forced to play against premades, full or otherwise, I would simply stop signing. Pvp isnt just for those that claim to be pure pvp'ers/highly competitive. Its for everyone who would like to participate in it. Edit by Anzu: Dogs like yourself just think it is.
    Last edited by Anzu; 30th May 2014 at 22:55.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast