Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: premade tournament(Fury)

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    ok how about add to your pole single server with pvp mode instead of epic.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by kiebler View Post
    In competitive shooters they will sometimes put a weapon or class limit/restriction due to it being OP. Consider having a class limit. 1 Ranger and 1 Conqueror per team.

A good way to do publicity is to become an FOA and port into the mini match. Then you remove all HUD, go into first person, set up a twitch stream, and start commenting.

Just saying. This game always had a niche combat system and more should see it.
    Great suggestion m8 ty, especially the FOA one.

I made my post in this section of the forum, check it

Waiting for more suggestions and some interest.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

click whoring zzzz

it has been done before but hard after ruskies transfer

Quote Originally Posted by kiebler View Post
    When I saw this thread I sincerely thought someone was willing to put together a "tournament" of sorts for premades, only to be disappointed.

Its an easy enough thing to do though. Just requires a bit of effort and cooperation.

You set up match times a week in advance, with set rules and maps. Players are required to register their team, and substitutes, in a thread. If they don't show up it counts as a loss. Have a bracket to keep track of progress.

To try and get a level playing field there will be three leagues. A P league with recommended pvp levels 8-10, anyone can join, but the best and most geared are the one's who will be signing up. Then there is the B league for pvp levels 1-7, which encourages new and inexperienced players to compete while discouraging veterans to keep off. Lastly is the G league where every member must be in the same guild (policing required). Might be redundant, but it'll serve the purpose of promoting inguild self-sufficiency which is lacking these days.

Advertise in global with those clickable links and in the forums. All you really need is twelve players, but why not go for more?

If this gets any real traction you can introduce seasons then.

This isn't that hard to organize you just need someone who is willing to do it.
    Something very similar has been tried a few months ago. You can find more details here: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=187161

Sure one will argue it was 'PuG premades' and we could argue about the angle that was chosen for that contest. But an other contest was organise a bit longer ago by Night Watch on Fury, and it was also 'contrasted' participation and result wise.

It's easy to set. It's easy to write down ground rules and spam scripts on global about it. It's much harder when you have to make it lively. You can't be in contact with every player of every team, therefore if the guy in charge (who usually is the one gathering and leading the team) isn't playing for various reasons that team falls appart even though they theoreticly could play. Or if you are the organiser and suddenly can't play long enough to 'frame' the event, you can be sure nothing will happen if you're not there. And there's number of similar examples that result in similar problemes.

Easy to organise, much harder to make lively.

In my opinion, PvP wise, and this is mostly viable for Fury, the first step in organizing fun and competitive PvP would be to see people inside guilds restructure. Set PvP rules and objectives to themselves. When you have organised structures to deal with, organizing things is easy. I think the open-world daily quests and festival of blood are great opportunities already for that.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Radkos league was reasonable, much better than pug minis we got now.
    But a bit too casual imo, seriously making teams with just 1 healer always and some too bad ppl. Maybe have things like keyboard turning/ ext. high latency/being braindead banned.

Also maybe would have worked better maybe if u make two team captains and draft players from pool like in highschool sport lessons.
    Last edited by Jurski; 30th May 2014 at 18:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurski View Post
    Radkos league was reasonable, much better than pug minis we got now.
    But a bit too casual imo, seriously making teams with just 1 healer always and some too bad ppl. Maybe have things like keyboard turning/ ext. high latency/being braindead banned.

Also maybe would have worked better maybe if u make two team captains and draft players from pool like in highschool sport lessons.
    My point wasn't on the angle we chose. But on the difficulty to sustain an event. I believe you can change the rules and way of doing around but it would result in something similar.

Make it more 'serious', get a few more 'good' players and lose the players that wanted it more casual. Make team captains chose players maybe get more player enjoying it and touchy players get emo because they were chosen last or because the asigned captain sucks and didn't chose 'right'.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but i'm just thinking that since we deal with individuals and not guilds with strong bonds the ruleset is secondary regarding the difficulty to organise something.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    My point wasn't on the angle we chose. But on the difficulty to sustain an event. I believe you can change the rules and way of doing around but it would result in something similar.

Make it more 'serious', get a few more 'good' players and lose the players that wanted it more casual. Make team captains chose players maybe get more player enjoying it and touchy players get emo because they were chosen last or because the asigned captain sucks and didn't chose 'right'.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but i'm just thinking that since we deal with individuals and not guilds with strong bonds the ruleset is secondary regarding the difficulty to organise something.
    Ye agree and really loved the initiative and understand you can't please everyone but maybe with less casual approach retention ratio would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post

It's hard to balance game fun when your handling 12 inch e-peens too, which is what your saying.

With the human element, people will perceive what they want, and someone will always complain. I agree with your guild statement though, people just disregard guilds now and only want to play with the best players because we all know each other, representing guilds is a thing of the past it seems.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    ..people just disregard guilds now and only want to play with the best players because we all know each other, representing guilds is a thing of the past it seems.
    I always found guilds a bit "artificial" anyways.

Ye I understand it is nice to work towards common goal etc. but I like to judge ppl as inviduals not as part of some group.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurski View Post
    I always found guilds a bit "artificial" anyways.

Ye I understand it is nice to work towards common goal etc. but I like to judge ppl as inviduals not as part of some group.
    Like Brassens said,
    "Le pluriel ne vaut rien à l'homme et sitôt qu'on
    Est plus de quatre on est une bande de cons."*

It's true, groupe (and thus guild) influence doesn't bring out the best out of people. However being in opposit guilds doesn't mean you can't like people from other guilds. Guilds are just usefull for fightings sake.
    For example, when you hold a grudge against a player because he insulted you, ganked you or stepped on a daffodil... it's rather sterile action wise in game since tracking him down is super tedious.
    But place him in a bigger guild and decree that guild of daffodil tramplers needs to pay for their crime against the "daffodil protection guild". And start ganking all the players in that guild unless they apologize stating that if they host that player it's because they vouch for daffodil trampling. Then you've started creating some action because they will retaliate... you can still like/respect/be friends with players in the guild that likes to destroy daffodils.

For me that was the point of AoC's open-world systeme. Fighting for bollocks but having fun thanks to it.
    There are some exceptions to it, but most of the time. Put two players, violently taunting each others on forums or global and aledgedly hate each other, together on TS and it will most of the time end up in a calm enjoyable conversation far from the outbursts of written stuff.

* : The plural is worthless to man and as soon as one
    Is more than four one is a bunch of idiots.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast