Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: premade tournament(Fury)

Default premade tournament(Fury)

would be awesome, if FC could kick in that would be awesome (abit like they kicked in for the RP event while back by spawning a boss)

we need something between world bosses and open world pvp week

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    would be awesome, if FC could kick in that would be awesome (abit like they kicked in for the RP event while back by spawning a boss)

we need something between world bosses and open world pvp week
    Which was a player driven event that was 6 months in the making and had a huge following.

As much as people complain about Funcom not doing anything, I see even less from players trying to do anything for themselves.
    Doomsayer 2008

I agree Suctum.

Funniest thing is all the rage / hate about asking to allow group minigame signup.. which is already there (Tournament Mode).

Has anyone ever thought that to "implement" group signup Funcom should do nothing? It's already there.. They should just disable random minigame queqeu.

Before I get flamed by the usuall trolls, I'm not saying that I'm against group signups, actually I'm very up for that (total lack of coordination, tactic and teamplay in random minigames is so sad most of the tines...).

I'm still not sure about totally remove random minigame queque, since that would mean to force casual / solo players to play versus organized groups, that is break the freedom for some players to play how they like.
    Actually it's not about adding something, it's just about removing something, so that everyone has no choice and is forced to play in a single way.
    And it's even more subtle.. Since those crying to force everyone to play like that are not using that option themselves now..

But please no flame, just my opinion.

This was just my personal thought about total lack of logic (to me of course) of many people.. Cry and troll 24/7 for something that is already there, if they would just care to use it..
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 30th May 2014 at 09:47.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

havent you heard? new age gamers want a coin flip in pvp to decide who wins , i hope they are pug minis for this tourny or it wont be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    havent you heard? new age gamers want a coin flip in pvp to decide who wins , i hope they are pug minis for this tourny or it wont be fair.
    Definetely not, no serious PvP can happen with random queques.
    No doubt I agree on this.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Me and many others never asked for old queue back if thats what you're referring to Korando.

Duos would be awesome. I think Geldours suggestions was awesome.

Tournament mode isn't very accessible and that's why it doesnt work.
    You can't possibly mean "it's already here."
    It takes like 20 minutes getting 12 people together for a premade if you're lucky. Many times we or the other team had to wait even longer for one match to start.

Just look in CE. How many guilds actually show up there in 6man groups? What, two or three guilds at most? Rest are just random invites zergs?
    (talkin bout Crom)

Sure, players can always do more, but stop bashing the guys that ask Funcom to work around this problem, when it is an actual problem here that could be adressed.

It's just saddening to see Funcom staff ignore every cry about minis since that tragic pug patch, and yes, crying at this point should be permitted.

Exclamation why funcom no.....

i think need only incentive for do turnament mini , why funcomno do it?? is realy hard do some incentive for turnament??

1. I never wrote you asked for that Lurvi, or everyone is asking for that. But it's what many people is asking, and you know this, since many people asking that is playing in your guild. I wrote many times that I don't see anything bad in allowing duos to sign up the random minigame queque. So we share the same opinion, no need to be rude.

2. By using Tournament Mode, you get for premades people who actually want to play a premade (which is best form of PvP one can enjoy imo). Forcing random players (which includes casual and solo players) to play versus organized pugs to solve the 20 minute wait doesn't really look like a fair solution to me. Is not people waiting to fill PvE groups?

3. I like Geldour suggestion too.

4. Give some incentive to play and win premades (Tournament Mode, real premades, no full 6 men vs 6 poor random s***t) looks like a great idea to me. Thanks Legionarium. That could include tokens needed to buy PvP T4 gear, or higher amount of mini tokens and PvP experience for example. It's an exploutable system, but I'm sure Funcom could do something for that.

For example: allow only premium subscribers to sign for Tournament mode. This would prevent players to farm fake chars on F2P accounts to get their reward. This would also encourage more currently F2P PvP players to subscribe again, moved by the higher rewards you get from Tournament Mode.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 30th May 2014 at 10:44.

Yes, they need some countermeasure to exploiting.

Tournament (OP suggestion) is a good idea. Would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    As much as people complain about Funcom not doing anything, I see even less from players trying to do anything for themselves.
    I think it's just that players have grown weary of the game. When you try to organize stuff these days you rarely find anyone to help you out. In PvE it's one sided so it's easier to organise things. But in PvP you need an opponent so anything organised needs to be at least two sided.

Take the PvP league. There were like 30 players participating on a regular basis but only a couple actually organizing them. Or previous events i organized, very often i had players from other guilds i counted on, who actually told me a day or a couple hours before they'd come, tell me 5minuts before the event is supposed to start that they'll actuall go do a BRC or stick with minigames.

I think it's because a raid or mini-games is somehow a sure win. You're sure to get at least some XP out of it if not fun. While player organized events can be really fun but also super tedious with long waiting time... and no loot or tokens to be given.
    And this attitude is, in my opinion, exacerbated by the complete disappearence of guild cohesion when it comes to PvP. For the last couple of years, guilds don't give a **** about the PvP aspect of things besides from the few sieges they organise and eventually the premades that happen between the same few people. Reste of time, so most of the time in PvP, guilds are irrelevant PvP wise and it's just individuals doing what ever they want.

You often see fights where one guild has players on both sides because the individuals have diffrent friends. You often see guildies let their guildies die in PvP because they are friends with the assailant and not with their guildie.
    It makes it much harder to organize things because guilds aren't entities anymore when it comes to PvP.

On Crom i assume this is a bit less of an issue because raids keep people together. But on Fury, where the immense majority of the top players don't give a damn about raids anymore, it's a huge probleme. The lack of guilde spirit is blatant.

I'm not completely blaming the players, i assume it's a normal mindset after 3years of absence of any structured PvP.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast