Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: I was just curious which guilds still even exist

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    It really was a simple question, WHICH PVE GUILDS are still active and doing T4.
    We narrowed down the US server to just RA, Req Nex and Prophets. I still don't have an idea about the Euro players.
    This Tread has nothing to do with PVP, only looking for guilds that are still active doing end game raiding, and the POINT was to show that funcom really needs to step up and do something to retain the PVE player base we have, I know the PVP patch has been a joy to some and not as much as wished for with others, but my hope was not get another PVE VS PVP topic, but instead find out what is really going on with the state of the game for PVE players.
    You do realize that many players enjoy both, and it's not about pvp vs pve. It's about that they release little new content on both ends, and that while many went to Crom for pve gear and the ability to take advantage of the population there, for those that enjoy pvp as much it becomes very dull on Crom as well without much world pvp. Believe when I say many that would be playing contributing to your raid population would still be playing AoC if Crom offered more to players who enjoy both, instead these players are in TESO now. Also don't forget many people who enjoy crafting, and TESO is a crafters wet dream.

They should be reaching out to players who enjoy all aspects of the game, not one or the other.
    Last edited by Suctum; 30th May 2014 at 09:07.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    You do realize that many players enjoy both, and it's not about pvp vs pve. It's about that they release little new content on both ends, and that while many went to Crom for pve gear and the ability to take advantage of the population there, for those that enjoy pvp as much it becomes very dull on Crom as well without much world pvp. Believe when I say many that would be playing contributing to your raid population would still be playing AoC if Crom offered more to players who enjoy both, instead these players are in TESO now. Also don't forget many people who enjoy crafting, and TESO is a crafters wet dream.

They should be reaching out to players who enjoy all aspects of the game, not one or the other.
    I was not referring to segregation of any kind, I was referring to the highjacking of my thread by a PVP argument.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    I was not referring to segregation of any kind, I was referring to the highjacking of my thread by a PVP argument.
    But you have to admit, if there was more for pvpers to do on Crom and the crafting system actually does get revamped that those 2 items would directly affect your raiding population.

Your saying which US guilds still raid t4, but then add Funcom should do something about the lack of population.

That's not just a problem you solve by releasing one kind of content. It takes releasing PvE, PvP, and Crafting updates (for solo, groups, and guild levels) to bring back a population when your competing against newer games, like TESO.

Just releasing new raid content won't bring as many back as you think...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    But you have to admit, if there was more for pvpers to do on Crom and the crafting system actually does get revamped that those 2 items would directly affect your raiding population.

Your saying which US guilds still raid t4, but then add Funcom should do something about the lack of population.

That's not just a problem you solve by releasing one kind of content. It takes releasing PvE, PvP, and Crafting updates (for solo, groups, and guild levels) to bring back a population when your competing against newer games, like TESO.

Just releasing new raid content won't bring as many back as you think...
    Well, speaking for my guild alone, but I'm sure other T4 raiding guilds on Crom are the same way, 99% of the people in RA that have quit the last year or so quit because they are bored to death of doing T4, not because of a lack of pvp content and damn sure not because of the lack of crafting revamp, which I really don't know of anyone actually "excited" about that, most could care less, they'd rather have new raid content.

Yes, you have to release a broad spectrum of content so that everyone gets a little bit of something. However, releasing T5 content would give Funcom more bang for their buck in regard to regaining raiding population that has bled off the last year cuz they are bored out of their minds doing T4 over and over and over.

The recent pvp content addition has done next to nothing for helping increase interest in raiding, in fact I can't think of a single person that has joined my guild in the last month just due to the recent pvp stuff. In fact, most guild applications for us during the last month are from people that were in guilds that recently folded. I'm sure other primarily pve guilds see the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Well, speaking for my guild alone, but I'm sure other T4 raiding guilds on Crom are the same way, 99% of the people in RA that have quit the last year or so quit because they are bored to death of doing T4, not because of a lack of pvp content and damn sure not because of the lack of crafting revamp, which I really don't know of anyone actually "excited" about that, most could care less, they'd rather have new raid content.

Yes, you have to release a broad spectrum of content so that everyone gets a little bit of something. However, releasing T5 content would give Funcom more bang for their buck in regard to regaining raiding population that has bled off the last year cuz they are bored out of their minds doing T4 over and over and over.

The recent pvp content addition has done next to nothing for helping increase interest in raiding, in fact I can't think of a single person that has joined my guild in the last month just due to the recent pvp stuff. In fact, most guild applications for us during the last month are from people that were in guilds that recently folded. I'm sure other primarily pve guilds see the same thing.
    Some of people I am talking about quit more than 2 years ago because they would not pay to go to Crom and no one had any clue that they would actually merge the EU and US servers. The others gradually quit over that time span up to now because your really can't do much on Crom outside minis in the way of pvp. And not everyone has time to show up 3-5 times a week to raid.

The people currently playing are die hard players who take the game for what it is, so for your recent additions of course they are waiting for t5 content, they came to you fully t4 anyways and have multiple pvp 10s, there is little for them to gain from doing the events other than some fun.

The people I am talking about have quit over the last 2 years, and many recently for TESO, which they went for world pvp content, not the lame pve that game provides. And as far as the crafting revamp, there are hundrends of closet crafters, don't disregard them so easily, especially how good they are saying crafted gear will be when finally updated.
    Doomsayer 2008

Funcom has already taken some measurements to keep the game alive .
    1. server merge
    2. world boss
    3. pvp content

Each of these was an important step though it has been very quite about the cross server tech they were talking about , which would be , if you ask me , most important to keep the game alive .
    Just hoping for the new GD letter now
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

You've all strayed much too far from the initial topic of this thread, but since cats are lazy, and some good wills are actually trying to keep it civil and constructive, I'll leave it at that for now.

From now on, any off-topic message will be infracted.
    Last edited by Anzu; 31st May 2014 at 13:31.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraios View Post
    Funcom has already taken some measurements to keep the game alive .
    1. server merge
    2. world boss
    3. pvp content
    I have logged in yesterday on Rage server - server almost empty...how many ppl still playing?
    They should expand freemium options like for example in Rift, full content, if guys from Trion can running company with income from in game shop why not Funcom?
    And where is AoC excelent graphic?! Where are video options? Hello!? Game now looks worse than on release...

I'm afraid that one new raid instance(T5) will not be enough to bring many people back. Sure, some people may resub for a short time but then will only log on for raid times.
    AoC needs a full expansion. No more single dungeon releases like the glacial pace of Dragonspine. One new raid instance will not be enough. It may be enough to keep the hardcore AoC lovers around a bit longer, but it won't be enough for those of us that have already divorced Fucom.

Awesome game, but it has gone beyond stale. Even the best bread in the world will taste bad if it's stale.

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    I'm afraid that one new raid instance(T5) will not be enough to bring many people back. Sure, some people may resub for a short time but then will only log on for raid times.
    AoC needs a full expansion. No more single dungeon releases like the glacial pace of Dragonspine. One new raid instance will not be enough. It may be enough to keep the hardcore AoC lovers around a bit longer, but it won't be enough for those of us that have already divorced Fucom.

Awesome game, but it has gone beyond stale. Even the best bread in the world will taste bad if it's stale.
    You are right, but imo they ahve to change their freemium model to more open, in rift for example all game aspects are available for all players including all raid instances, dungeons etc. Now AoC for non premium players are only trial...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast