Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PvP HoX help ... badly needed

Default PvP HoX help and tips please.

Okay, I played a while ago at launch and quit, came back a couple times but the frustration with instant deaths and nearly no damage to opponents had me chickening out onto other games. When I am in a mini this tilting due to getting farmed makes me toxic and prone to insulting other players, I realize it's not really okay, who knows maybe they were not all bori clickers to get to level 10 and they deserve to pad camp me.

Below I attached screen-shots of my playing elements, UI, talent spec, my non-existent AA's and a snapshot of my gear-mixture of various pvp gear.

I ask any hoxes to write suggestions or call me out on stupid stuff they notice. My spec has mostly remained the same thorough the years and the skills I use in PvP are mostly the same I PvE with - that might be very bad. Take a look at my ui and bindings and tell me if I am missing some sort of crucial skill.

my AA - http://imgur.com/1igcwZF
    What should I focus on first ? I know the last HoX one is crucial due to the stats , but should I time train it ? Should I fill up the defensive stats to stop getting two shot by rangers ?

my spec - http://imgur.com/4Mh9UaT
    Mostly what I found on the forums throught the years.

my skills and binding - http://imgur.com/sQZz3hc
    This is something that really needs a look over from an experienced HoX. I am bad, I do miss my combos, but I hope I at least have most of the correct combos on my bars. What should the "pvp rotation" be?

screenshot of gear- http://imgur.com/e2sofLX
    I mean this is just so you see I have mostly pvp gear, and where should I progress from there. The sword I am using is the one with magic damage.

How to get better ?

Plea for some sort of help.
    Last edited by elefnot; 31st August 2014 at 18:14.

Well you're going to want to train more AA's for start.

Focus on Decisive strikes, Field of War, the CC break, Invigoration, either get Red shadows of xoti, or the other one that lets you charge multiple times.

For spec

I'd go for something like this.

http://goo.gl/L1dxFj

Bindings and skills are something you're going to have to figure it out on your own.

As for rotation, its simple.

Hox HFB is easy AoE instant spell. With the silence if you time if right you can easily interrupt an entire groups combo/spell.

IF you want to get kills, I'd suggest do what we do in premades, focus the ranged classes ( Ranger/necro/demo) as they will melt your team. If there is no range class, focus bear shaman/barb/tos/pom etc, Tanks should be your last resort/ same with assassins.

Simple rotation could be this, (transform, charge in (Use tome of erik instantly while you charge in, hfb, find your target, put spit fire and chains of anguish on him, hfb again. kite jump around literately jump "AROUND" the group try to make yourself hardest to get hit by melee because you will die. Dance around hfb till your target is dead and gtfo regen health, rinse repeat.) Of course if you have phoenix cloak up use it before you charge in. However I'd save PC for more important times when groups are grouped up.

Just fyi, hox is one of those class you can't try to top kill without dying a lot. If you go in with the intention to kill and survive, you might find yourself die more often than you get kills.

my friend i have full t4 hoks i play 5 years i have play thousend minis(true)and still sometimes i die below 1s ,that piss me off sometimes
    -someother times i see hokses top killers some other times i get some good kills
    -thats the pvp ,full the aa buy pvp gear 4-5-6...10 and train the kite and the arround the player movement,hit and go if other have bubble and again....rotation buffs aa equip fast use the abilities (keyboard)and timing .......if you have time to spend to train and refeat again and aagain to find your personal styl.there is no bad and good players there is good train only.pvp is wiard here but it keep us in the game.
    im no good pvper at hoks below medium.have fun mate.
    guild FAT GOATS
    ::: Server Crom
    ::: Main Chars:
    - nikkoss (GUARDIAN)pvp10
    - TAMPLAS (CONQUEROR)pvp3
    - polarbear(bs)pvp3
    - Strikke (Assa)pvp6
    - papanikos (POM)pvp2
    - Sweet (Tos)pvp2
    - Killbo (Barb)pvp5
    - grfury(Demo)pvp5
    - nickoss (DT)pvp6
    - sfaliara (ranger)pvp4
    - Lun (Hox)pvp3
    - Lin(Nek)pvp2

Thank you for the input so far guys, changed up the spec a bit. Was afraid of tome of erik as it is another binding but will try it out .

Regarding the bindings, I was more curious about which combos am I supposed to normally use. I almost exclusively use PillarIII and Hell Strikes V.
    Last edited by elefnot; 25th May 2014 at 14:42.

From combos pillar 2 and 3, hell strikes 3 and 5, if you want you can add btd 3 or 4 on some occasions, and molten slash sometimes.
    But honestly the quicker you are the better, use pillars with as much distance as you can, try to learn combo jumping and just move around constantly.
    Build spaart posted is more or less that, only thing is i like to have glorious exultation of xotli specced to.
    For longer period of time now im running From the beyond as my gold AA and im having fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by elefnot View Post
    Thank you for the input so far guys, changed up the spec a bit. Was afraid of tome of erik as it is another binding but will try it out .

Regarding the bindings, I was more curious about which combos am I supposed to normally use. I almost exclusively use PillarIII and Hell Strikes V.
    Combo rotation?

hfb/ pillar3/ hfb/ pillar 2/ hfb/ pillar 1

You should always be on the move, the moment you stop moving and try to land melee combos is the time you get killed the fastest. I wouldn't even use hell strikes unless its another hox in a duel.

I always use MSS and BtD 6 too.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I always use MSS and BtD 6 too.
    MSS is molten steel slash or some like that right?

I don't see any of these debuff is beneficial at all.

First it takes a long time to land that combo, second the animation is also long. There is almost no need to, you put chains/spit fire/ hfb anything besides a tank or full pvp 10 bear/barb would be down to 50% plus kite hfb/pillar hfb cc etc.

I always see hox who stop to cast the Spell Debuff and or use the Combo debuff. They get CC'd right there at that time and die OR their target runs away and it end up being a waste.

just my 2cents

MSS is a very fast combo that can be landed practically anywhere without bad consequencies. BtD 6 should be landed with a lot of movement and, if possible, some CCs.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    MSS is a very fast combo that can be landed practically anywhere without bad consequencies. BtD 6 should be landed with a lot of movement and, if possible, some CCs.
    MSS takes forever!

ALl that for an increase of what 100-200 dmg? THat a Crit would easily double?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast