Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Feedback for the PvP Events

Lightbulb My Feedback for the PvP Events

@Cirith,
    Overall, the PvP events are a lot of fun. It's interesting and open, and also rewarding. It's great to not be pigeonholed into doing minigames or Bori to progress in PvP.

There are just a few issues that could be addressed:

Arena of Death (Group)
    The only real issue I've had with this event is the extremely lopsided number of people in teams sometimes. I know you stated that the system prioritizes groups, but it should have a limit on the maximum difference in the number of people in each team. It's pretty uninteresting when there are 6-9 Red team, 2 Blue team, and 3 Yellow team.

Chosen of Gullah
    This one is a great idea, but it should be limited to a specific area, and whoever is Chosen should be hostile to EVERYONE, including guild and group members. This will make it progress much faster and be much more entertaining, as well as give more people the chance to get the buff, rather than maybe 5-6 people per Gullah event. The buff is far too powerful to be given to someone with an entire group or raid supporting them, and it's frustrating when the Chosen is some player off AFK in a corner somewhere. If the Chosen were to be hostile to everyone, the buff could even possibly be increased. Maybe just the damage.

Package Delivery is broken, it doesn't seem to work at all in Cimmerian End.

These are the only areas that should really be adjusted inside the events, I think. Aside from these, though, I would love to see the PvP festivals happen more often than one week per month, and there are a few general adjustments that would increase the fun:

-Less downtime between events.

-MUCH more description _IN-GAME_ about where the events are taking place and how to participate correctly. Noting the coordinates is great, but not all events actually do that.

-The issue with enemy targets being blue but still being able to hit them, if they are in another group of which a member of your guild is the leader. This is very annoying. I've wanted to drop guild many times since this event just so we could PvP properly. A lot of the groups are pugs, which is great, but it's frustrating when all of your enemies suddenly turn blue and you can't cast any direct spells on them. It becomes extremely boring because nobody can fight. Having a guildmate in an enemy's group should have absolutely no affect on enemies.

If you'd like any more detailed information on my findings, or if you have any comments, please post or PM me!

Good feedback, these are many of my main concerns too.

Less downtime between events is important on Crom, cause we can't sign minis from CE. Though it's fun to have atleast 10-15 minutes time of fighting between events, but right now it's way too long downtime.

Make people check the "on screen messages" and "say" in a chat window to make it easier to keep up with coming and running events.

Im also pretty sure the points rewarded for holding the Fields of Slaugther flag at the end is a bit over the top. Last night we held the flag for the majority of the time, but someone at end managed to snatch it (which is quite easy for certain classes) and to our amazement they won when we had held the flag _at least_ 3 times longer than any other team. There was only 4 teams there in total claming ownership during that event.
    Can you inform us here Cirith, it felt a bit wrong... Should it be reduced perhaps?

Lastly, how to deal with the russians during their primetime?

That is up to the playerbase, I guess?

VERY IMPORTANT:it is impossible to have more than 6 ppl on a team. it is impossible to replace someone on a team, or boot him from event unless he logs, once u are signed as a team. anyone outside team during a team event is hostile

chosen of gullah seldom stands a chance (unless its a bubble toon) without a group on fury, and no chance at all during primetime
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 23rd May 2014 at 23:41.

but yar, MUCH more info would be spot on

there is nothing whatsoever giving any details on the functions of the events on funcom's youtube channel, facebook channel, twitter accounts, aoc's site etc.

theres also very little info on how events are progressing, and their occurance, some pvp guilds tend to use voice programs and keep their chat tab to combat.

Arena Champion (solo) buff does not refresh if you have it already when you win the same event again (happens when you log out after winning)

I got no Victory tokens for the second victory. So I guess the buff blocks it?

Please fix this.

That's something know Lurvi, they talk about it at the end of event description and guide on forum.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

It says 1 hour cooldown, and that cooldown should tick while you're offline just like any other quest.

The downtime between events is disappointing. Other than that I have the same issues Balacai spoke of...mainly

The randomized team event divides teams very unevenly. they need to address how the teams are made. It always ends up being a bunch of reds, and a lop sided amount of blues and yellows.

The Chosen needs to be red to everyone and everyone red to them. This way players can choose to help or hinder group and guild mates rather than being forced to do nothing because of the current game logic. Of course you can always drop group and guild but that's going to be annoying after the 3rd time.

Package Delivery rewards are completely lame, this quest is a waste of time.

Events should be on a global messaging system rather than just a zone message. I think that would make more people aware of the event(s). And unless you have been playing since launch not everyone is going to know locations by their proper names like Heb Kab and Bulbshur, for example...
    Last edited by Suctum; 24th May 2014 at 23:25.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The downtime between events is disappointing. Other than that I have the same issues Balacai spoke of...mainly

The randomized team event divides teams very unevenly. they need to address how the teams are made. It always ends up being a bunch of reds, and a lop sided amount of blues and yellows.

The Chosen needs to be red to everyone and everyone red to them. This way players can choose to help or hinder group and guild mates rather than being forced to do nothing because of the current game logic. Of course you can always drop group and guild but that's going to be annoying after the 3rd time.

Package Delivery rewards are completely lame, this quest is a waste of time.

Events should be on a global messaging system rather than just a zone message. I think that would make more people aware of the event(s). And unless you have been playing since launch not everyone is going to know locations by their proper names like Heb Kab and Bulbshur, for example...
    there are no randomized teams, unless u sign solo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast